+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: 12/1 Results Show ***SPOILERS***

Re: 12/1 Results Show ***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by YellowRose View Post
    I feel for her, she is so upset.
    aww is she? oh boy..she is so young( and talented) she has a career ahead of her .I hate to see them upset, good job I dont need to

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huskie View Post
    wonder if that was a 'get back at Simon' vote?
    It seems like it. Simon looked PO'd. I think he's a little upset with himself, but also with Paula & Nicole.

I have to say that I thought Marcus was a tad better on his sing-off than Drew. Drew is just sounding too much the same every single time. And I thought she sounded bad at the beginning of the show when they sang "Man in the Mirror." What a treat it was to hear Josh's voice after hers.

Paula should have voted off Marcus and let the one with the lowest votes go home, the outcome would have been different.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

I've not followed this show like I thought I would, but with very little else on TV tonight, I tuned in. I knew all the drama about Astro because I happened to catch his hissy fit week. With that being pretty much my only impression of him, I was not sorry to see him go.

I don't know any of these contestants' back stories so I think I can be a little bit impartial. My first thought is man I have missed Simon Cowell and his honest judging on my TV. Idol really does need him. My second impression is the rest of the judges are crap as is the host. As for the talent, I'm not that impressed. I don't know names, but the girl who went home tonight was so affected by Adele that it wasn't even funny. If she'd auditioned for Idol, Simon would have called her on that. He also would have called her on the "old lady" factor. I would never have guessed she was only 14. She seems way older. I just have to wonder why Simon isn't being like he was on Idol and playing up the young vibe. The guy at the end sang much better than the girl. I don't know about other performances, but this one was far better. I do think he's affected as an Usher type singer, but he was still better.

Simon showed a lot less grace than Astro tonight. When Paula voted the girl out, he stormed off. And then he refused to comment on camera about her ouster. The host had to drag a comment to the girl out of him. It seems like Simon still had all his girls so maybe the vote was a bit personal to take him down a notch.

All in all, I don't really think I'd buy any of these peoples' music. I've not seen someone with the star quality of a Kelly Clarkson or Carrie Underwood or Chris Daughtry. I may watch again just because there's nothing else on, but if Simon doesn't overhaul thiss how and find more interesting talent, I don't think this show will be around too long. Just my 2 cents.

Oh and of Simon's girls, there is one who's better than the other for sure. And it would be majorly hard for me to call a winner because nobody has stood out and made me want to watch. I was looking forward to this, but in my mind it was an epic fail.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

Quote Originally Posted by pegstir View Post
    Paula should have voted off Marcus and let the one with the lowest votes go home, the outcome would have been different.
    Like Simon did last week. Say what you will about him, he took the high road last week and rather than let it be about personalities he let the voters decide.
    Bet2Win and Fanny Mare like this.

Quote Originally Posted by pegstir View Post
    I thought Marcus stunk last night.The cynic in me thinks the judges have all this planned. I really do think that.
    Taking Simon down a peg or two, he owns the show doesnt he? I doubt that would happen, they would lose their jobs imho. He knew Drew couldn't sing up tempo, he's been in the business long enough to know that

F2 Josh and Melanie.
    its_glinda_now likes this.

FORT Fogey

Simon was correct, he failed Drew by not giving her an up tempo song. ALL the judges said that from week 3. I was a bit surprised she was not coached by Simon to hold it together and expect an elimination. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst. I missed her statement about Jesus. Something about that is what she came here to say? It should be against the rules to talk about religion. jeeeeeze, enough already. Survivor has pushed me to the edge of the cliff on this topic.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 12-01-2011 at 09:26 PM.

FORT Regular

Well, just got to see the show first hand. Wow, there's a whole lotta somethin somethin going on ego wise with all these judges. Can't figure out why Paula didn't send it to viewer vote. Appeared to me Drew lost it even more maybe due to the vote being 3-1. Just conjecture on my part. It warmed my heart to see Melanie and Rachel rush out to console Drew....saw Paula come over and say something.....dip sh*t....I mean Nicole....noticably in the background far away from Drew....hmmmm.....even L.A. went over to give Drew a hug......

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

I'm sorry, love Simon but that childish display was outrageous. If he had some toys, he would've thrown them down and gone home. If looks could kill, all the mentors would be gone (including that dumba$$ host). I'm glad that he took full responsibility for Drew's song last night but it was too little, too late. Simon has made horrible song choices for both Rachel and Drew. When they were choosing what to sing, made a big difference.

I felt so bad for Drew as she's a sensitive girl, but if she wants to be in show biz she's gonna have to get a thicker skin. I think she is very talented and will get a record deal out of this, she should have outlasted Marcus and Chris tho.

Then I smack myself in the forehead and ask myself "why do I watch this stuff?" I hate seeing such young kids trying to play in an adult arena where one can be chewed up and spit out. Then we see Simon pull an epic tantrum that Astro could get behind. ha!
    RealVoyeur likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I thought Marcus stunk last night.The cynic in me thinks the judges have all this planned. I really do think that.
    Taking Simon down a peg or two, he owns the show doesnt he? I doubt that would happen, they would lose their jobs imho. He knew Drew couldn't sing up tempo, he's been in the business long enough to know that

F2 Josh and Melanie.
    I thought Marcus stunk last night too. His voice is not strong, nor can he keep on key.

Drew will be okay. She got a ton of exposure, and Simon likes her enough to jump start her career.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

+ Reply to Thread