+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: 12/1 Results Show ***SPOILERS***

Re: 12/1 Results Show ***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by its_glinda_now View Post
    I agree with you. In real life her and Simon are like besties, I don't think her vote had anything to do with him. Both her and Nicole have been trying to get Drew to change it up for weeks now, I think she was just tired of waiting.
    Agree. If it had been Drew and another act, I think the vote still would have went the same way, for the same reason. The only exception might have been Rachel, since Simon hasn't been doing her any favors, either. However, they might have felt that Rachel had more potential. She certainly seems to be enjoying herself.

Ibot said:

I agree that Paula should have voted and if a small amount of her vote was to smack Simon...so be it. He has been rude to the two female judges. I wonder if he would have been as upset if it was either of the other two girls who went. Remember that Drew was his only Pop Princess, when he let to other two go in favor of R and M. While Hhs song choices for R have been nothing special... he apparently thought this number for Drew would make the voting explode for her, and boy did he misjudge it. It was hideous in every regard.....not clever and amazing Simon, just hideous.
    Totally agree. And the bolded part was a great observation.

I think the words: "They tried to chair it" could come into our reality show lexicon to mean an utter failure....sort of like "jump the shark" pertaining to the demise
    of Happy Days.
    I like that. I'm going to start using it.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I obviously am of the minority here, but I adore Chris Rene. I'm not influenced by his 'sob story', but rather by his artistry in music. The 5M contract is for an entertainer, not just someone who knows how to sing. I would not buy the music of Melanie, Drew, or even Marcus, but Marcus is by far the better performer of the 3.
    Although I wasn't a fan of Astro's behavior/attitude, the kid is massively talented. He will probably go on to make more money than any of the contestants. He is brilliant beyond his years. I do not consider myself a fan of rap, however, his talent is undeniable.

I would buy the music of Chris Rene, or Josh Krajick, and feel both are great entertainers. I do think that on a weekly basis, neither Chris or Rachel are given song choices which fit their showcased talent. Truthfully, I would LOVE to see Rachel, and Dexter on a sitcom together about a washed-up singer who finds his now orphaned (lost) daughter at his door. They could do so much with a storyline putting those two together. While Dexter wasn't nearly talented enough on XF, he has an amazing character. I think it would be must see TV!
    bee stung lips likes this.
    This is freaking CRAzy ~ I'm 0 for 20!

Seriously, America should vote off that Steve the host. He has no business hosting. How could you ask somehow having a meltdown how they feel (every week) after they have just got sent home? Is he clueless? He is so tactlless! My friend who called me the other day said the same thing before I can say it to him. Even Robbie the Robot is a better host.

Anyway, Simon is at fault for Drew's demise. The judges kept telling him to change it up, to make it up tempo, to show them what else can Drew do. Instead, he went the opposite direction by having Drew sing the slowest dirge she ever sang on the show and just have her sit still like a statue. Rodin's The Thinker statue has more life than that performance! It put the viewers to sleep that they missed voting for her! Simon made so many mistakes and it seems there will be more coming. To a lesser extent, Simon has made some bad decisions for Rachel as he did with Drew. Let's see what happens to Rachel next week.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles22 View Post
    I obviously am of the minority here, but I adore Chris Rene. I'm not influenced by his 'sob story', but rather by his artistry in music. The 5M contract is for an entertainer, not just someone who knows how to sing. I would not buy the music of Melanie, Drew, or even Marcus, but Marcus is by far the better performer of the 3.
    Although I wasn't a fan of Astro's behavior/attitude, the kid is massively talented. He will probably go on to make more money than any of the contestants. He is brilliant beyond his years. I do not consider myself a fan of rap, however, his talent is undeniable.

I would buy the music of Chris Rene, or Josh Krajick, and feel both are great entertainers. I do think that on a weekly basis, neither Chris or Rachel are given song choices which fit their showcased talent. Truthfully, I would LOVE to see Rachel, and Dexter on a sitcom together about a washed-up singer who finds his now orphaned (lost) daughter at his door. They could do so much with a storyline putting those two together. While Dexter wasn't nearly talented enough on XF, he has an amazing character. I think it would be must see TV!
    I so agree with you on Chris. The moment he opened his mouth and sang his song, "Young Homie" at the auditions, I was sold. He comes across so genuine. Although he's not the best singer in the bunch, he's still my favourite of all of them.
    Bet2Win and Nibbles22 like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Even though I think they have VERY little power these days, I happened to look up to see if VFTW had a pick for XF. Turns out that they had been supporting "Asstro" (their spelling). I'm sure it doesn't shock anyone that they took credit for saving him last week, when he wasn't in the B3 (Thanksgiving week). And now they're bummed that they weren't able to save him this week - which just goes to show how little power they do have. Now, this is NOT a poke at Bee Stung Lips or Nibbles22, but their new choice is Chris. Who knows, though. They might not have much power, but votes are votes. A few votes could be the difference between him or somebody else going home, or between him and somebody else winning the whole competition.

That's the thing BuckeyeAddict, each week when a contestant is sent home, their supporters will either choose not to vote again, OR they will vote for their next favorite performer. Realistically, each week the remaining contestants should all have more votes than they had the previous weeks due to the shift of fan bases. Individuals may also opt to continue voting for a specific team, the over 30's, boys, or the girls team. With both Drew and Astro being eliminated this week, it's anyone's guess where their large fan base votes will go.
    If Chris Rene was eliminated next week, I would probably vote for Josh.
    This is freaking CRAzy ~ I'm 0 for 20!

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post

Anyway, Simon is at fault for Drew's demise. The judges kept telling him to change it up, to make it up tempo, to show them what else can Drew do. Instead, he went the opposite direction by having Drew sing the slowest dirge she ever sang on the show and just have her sit still like a statue. Rodin's The Thinker statue has more life than that performance! It put the viewers to sleep that they missed voting for her! Simon made so many mistakes and it seems there will be more coming. To a lesser extent, Simon has made some bad decisions for Rachel as he did with Drew. Let's see what happens to Rachel next week.

Yeah, she should have leaned over with her head propped on her hand, she was THAT exciting.

I actually like Chris. Next to Josh and Melanie, I'd like to see him in the Top 3. I like how he mixes his rapping with songs. I loved that week when he did the rap from the movie "Dangerous Minds" (what's it called?) and tweaked the lyrics to reflect his own journey. That was awesome.

Buckeye said:

Even though I think they have VERY little power these days, I happened to look up to see if VFTW had a pick for XF. Turns out that they had been supporting "Asstro" (their spelling). I'm sure it doesn't shock anyone that they took credit for saving him last week, when he wasn't in the B3 (Thanksgiving week). And now they're bummed that they weren't able to save him this week - which just goes to show how little power they do have. Now, this is NOT a poke at Bee Stung Lips or Nibbles22, but their new choice is Chris. Who knows, though. They might not have much power, but votes are votes. A few votes could be the difference between him or somebody else going home, or between him and somebody else winning the whole competition.
    And not just eliminated, but the first one eliminated--the one with the lowest number of votes. Ouch. Of course, this past season of AI was so blah that there was no obvious love-to-hate contestant people wanted off. It's the same thing here with XF. All the contestants, even Drew, have some measure of talent and a nice personality, so there's nobody to really root against. (I mainly didn't like Astro and Drew because of their attitudes, not lack of ability.) If this trend continues, then VFTW could be in trouble for the future.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

If they really do give Rachel one of that horrible songs to sing that are listed upthread I'm going to cry. Why does Simon think she should do Diana Ross songs? Because they both have big hair? IT's crazy. Man, he is really trying to sabotage her real good. I'm done with him. HE is doing this to hurt her chances, IMO.

I dislike this show much more than AMerican Idol. I was done with American Idol and didn't want to watch it anymore, but something always pulls me in. One year they had Adam, who I LOVED. Then they had Crystal and she and I are both Type I diabetics, so I had to support her. THen they had Scotty, who is from my home county! I had to support him! I PRAY I don't have to watch it anymore, HOWEVER, I still like it better than The X Factor.

I'm not sure who I want to win more, Josh or Melanie. Both are great. I would be happy with either of them.

FORT Fogey

Did they tell us who came up with those three songs for each of the contestants??

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Did they tell us who came up with those three songs for each of the contestants??
    I don't know where they got those songs. OMG. How old are the people picking this stuff? Whoever it is doesn't get Rachel at all. What it tells me is that the show has their agenda and they want it to go a certain way. It's taken the fun out of it for me.

+ Reply to Thread