+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: 11/30 Show ***Spoilers***

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Re: 11/30 Show ***Spoilers***

Am I the only one who had difficulties in accessing FORT this evening? I was on a short while, and then I kept getting a message that either there was too much traffic on the site or it was having problems. I was able to see other websites.

Anyway, picking up where I left off (after Astro). I mostly liked Drew's performance, but not enough to listen again. It's sort of weird to hear a female say "Billie Jean is not my lover" and then "But the kid is not my son." Did she and Billie Jean adopt a child together?

I only listened to Rachel from another room. She didn't sound like her heart was in it at all. Just OK (Dawg). I also only listened to Marcus. He did not sound as good as I thought he would. Maybe he needs to reduce the gymnastics if it's going to take away from his ability to sing.

Didn't like Chris, as usual, although I did like his new, improved look.

Melanie was outstanding! Perfect song! Last week was definitely a breakthrough for her, and I hope she continues to shine. Of course, Josh is still my #1 pick, but Melanie is a close 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    Am I the only one who had difficulties in accessing FORT this evening? I was on a short while, and then I kept getting a message that either there was too much traffic on the site or it was having problems. I was able to see other websites.
    Not tonight, but I have had that problem before.

Anyway, picking up where I left off (after Astro). I mostly liked Drew's performance, but not enough to listen again. It's sort of weird to hear a female say "Billie Jean is not my lover" and then "But the kid is not my son." Did she and Billie Jean adopt a child together?

Melanie was outstanding! Perfect song! Last week was definitely a breakthrough for her, and I hope she continues to shine. Of course, Josh is still my #1 pick, but Melanie is a close 2nd.
    Totally agree.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    You noticed? She definitely looked out of sorts. Drew wasn't happy, either, but she hid it well.

Last week I'm pretty sure she said she was from the West Indies. Something about how her family was so poor, they sent her and her siblings to live with relatives. That's why she was separated from her parents and missed them. Later they were all able to emigrate to the US, and people made fun of her thick accent.
    She is from the British Virgin Islands.

I was disappointed in Marcus, he sounded pitchy. Didn't care that much for Rachel. Drew was fantastic, I really really love her voice( big future ahead of that one) This was the first night I thought Josh was awful. Astro was very good, the Jackson family looked like they enjoyed him as well. Melanie stole the night( I love her accent)

If anyone thinks singing a MJ song is easy, tonight proves it isn't.

I think Chris or Marcus could go home

I actually thought Chris Rene and Melanie did the best tonight. I usually really like Astro, not tonight though. And Josh, bleh. Rachel's voice was not in good form tonight. PYT is one of my favorite songs by MJ, and Marcus was terrible. Based on tonight's performances, Marcus and Rachel should be in the bottom, but it will probably be either Chris or Astro with Marcus.

FORT Fogey

Rachael will survive this week but not great. Loved her hair! Josh will be okay but not good either.

Drew is in trouble. I agreed with Nicole and Paula. She may not be able to do well on an uptempo song, though. It has been requested too many times for not to have done one.

Is there a double elimination tonight?

FORT Fogey

two go tonight and it really could be anybody ( except Melanie). Not a great show. The only thing that did make me laugh was how personally Simon takes any kind of disagreement with his presentations. With all his unfiltered, often mean spirited comments on AI regarding appearance, clothing or song choice, it is funny to listen to the others tell him that thus- and- so didn't work....and he does not take that well.

I didnt know two had to go.It could be Drew and one guy( Chris) I really enjoyed last night. I love how influenced most singer/dancers are by MJ. I liked seeing his children. I think mum Jackson looks great as well

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    two go tonight and it really could be anybody ( except Melanie). Not a great show. The only thing that did make me laugh was how personally Simon takes any kind of disagreement with his presentations. With all his unfiltered, often mean spirited comments on AI regarding appearance, clothing or song choice, it is funny to listen to the others tell him that thus- and- so didn't work....and he does not take that well.
    Simon = IL Divo . Leona Lewis etc etc. Or Nichole from the pussycats dolls .I will hang my hat with Simon, I think he's great!

I thought I knew Michael Jackson's music, but I didn't recongnize much of what I heard last night. I knew just a couple of the songs. I think there were better songs they could have perfomed, but choice not to for some crazy reason. I honestly think the coaches are blowing the song choices and I don't know why. What's wrong with them? Give me a few hours and time with the contestant and I could match them up with a great song choice to suit their voice. Why couldn't a coach do that? Seem silly IMO.

I honestly wonder if Simon is purposefully picking songs that RAchel cannot show case her voice, because he doesn't want her to outshine Drew. I really wonder about that. She will break out with a great song that shows her voice and then he will drag her down with a song that doesn't. He's not stupid. He must be doing it on purpose.
    ibot2much likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast