+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 11/22 Live Show *** SPOILERS ***

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

11/22 Live Show *** SPOILERS ***

Tonight's show's theme is what the contestants are thankful for.

First up, Rachel Crowe, thanking her parents for adopting her. Personally, I didn't think she sounded very good tonight. I don't know the song, but I thought the notes and the style didn't suit her, and she was sharp in so many places. But the judges only had compliments for her.

Next, Marcus. He's thankful for his mother. I did not recognize that song either, but it was written by Babyface. He was OK vocally, but he really connected emotionally.

Third is Melanie. She's thanking God. Another song I don't know. But holy cow (no pun intended). She did wonderfully, and got very emotional. For anyone who has complained about her only singing her songs and not connecting, she turned a corner tonight. She really knew it too, and completely came out of her shell.

I need to step away for a bit, but will continue later if nobody else has filled in. Chris Rene is next.

Re: 11/22 Live Show *** SPOILERS ***

A note about tomorrow's show - Kelly Clarkson and Bruno Mars will be performing.

Chris is thankful for his rehab counselor. I'm still no fan at all because I don't like his style of music, but I thought it was the best I've seen him. He sang a medley of "Let it Be" and another song. Simon didn't like him doing "Let it Be" but liked the 2nd song.

Lakoda Rayne is next. As a group, it's sort of hard to do the thankful thing. They decided, as a group, to be thankful to the people who have shaped them into who they are today, as individuals. They're singing Taylor Swift's "You Belong With Me." I have to apologize here. We don't have cable and are relying on an antenna that is not doing so well right now. So the signal is cutting out a bit. There might have been some missed notes at the beginning, but I think they pulled it together. I think the song worked out well for them as an all-girl group. Good compliments from the judges, Simon said it was their best performance yet, although still not perfect. Paula is in tears.

#6 is Leroy Bell. He's thankful for his mother, who died 2 years ago. He sang "In the Arms of an Angel." I think this is his best performance. The song really suits him and he's showing passion. LA thought it wasn't his best, but Paula thought just as I did - that it was his best and he was the most emotionally connected. Simon also disagreed with LA and agreed with Paula.

This "Thankful" theme might have worked out pretty well after all!

Astro is up now. Of course they're doing damage control for next week - and they also mentioned it at the beginning of the show. He's apologizing, and they're explaining that he was hurt and felt abandoned. So he's thanking Team Astro and his "Astro-nauts" for supporting him. Eh, I don't know what he's doing. Rapping something and I just have no use for it. The judges were complimentary for the most part. Interestingly, Simon told him he admired him. He said the music industry needs unpredictability. OK.

Drew is #8, and is thankful for her best friend Shelby. She's singing "Skyscraper." This is my least favorite performance of hers. It started off shaky - too low for her. And she flubbed some notes. LA thought the song was too old for her. But he was directing it towards Simon. Then Simon lit into LA.

Josh is closing the show. He's thankful for his 13 year old daughter. It's just him and the piano. He's singing "Wild Horses." Very, very nice. Lots of passion. I wouldn't say it's my favorite Josh performance, but still excellent. Lots of praise from the judges, especially LA and Simon! Josh's mother is crying in the audience. So is Nicole. Unfortunately, the signal is cutting out a lot again, and I'm missing some of the commentary.

Remember - two are going home tomorrow night. The person who gets the least number of votes is gone. The next two will battle it out.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    Astro is up now. Of course they're doing damage control for next week - and they also mentioned it at the beginning of the show. He's apologizing, and they're explaining that he was hurt and felt abandoned. So he's thanking Team Astro and his "Astro-nauts" for supporting him. Eh, I don't know what he's doing. Rapping something and I just have no use for it. The judges were complimentary for the most part. Interestingly, Simon told him he admired him. He said the music industry needs unpredictability. OK.

Drew is #8, and is thankful for her best friend Shelby. She's singing "Skyscraper." This is my least favorite performance of hers. It started off shaky - too low for her. And she flubbed some notes. LA thought the song was too old for her. But he was directing it towards Simon. Then Simon lit into LA.
    Astro and his father were at Simon's house.Astro was very apologetic I gather.We all make mistakes, the kid has talent

I had forgotten 2 go home. I didnt think the x factor was on tomorrow

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Thanks Buckeye for the running commentary. Sheesh why did XFactor and DWTS seem to have commercials at the same time? Missed a lot of both shows. Bah!

Melanie's performance was the best of the night for me. Although I am not into the church style music, it still was beautiful AND she did something very different. I think that most of the contestants were able to connect to their music and the judges were not really going to be able to criticize anything. Except for LA. His comments to Drew really made no sense, that song was not too old. Demi Lovato is what? 17? I didn't like when Simon made those kind of comments on AI, didn't like them tonight.

As for Astro. He's gonna be disappointed in the next few weeks anyway. He is lucky he made the show at all. Main stream America just does not like rap music. They are not going to vote for him. The kid is talented and will more than likely have a career but he would not ever win this show.

I'm curious. Has the UK version had rappers on their show before? Did they go far?

FORT Fogey

I saw Simon interviewed on The Insider tonight before the show began. He was asked who was the most annoying judge and without hesitation he replied Nicole. He said she always does this little smirk after giving her critique, then showed a couple clips of this expression. I watch most shows from my DVR or at least let them roll a bit before I watch for FFing room. I usually skip Nicole and Paula but now watch Nicole. I have always found her annoying.

Okay so everyone was praised. Two going tonight. For me it will be out of Leroy, Astro and Kevin. I think the smart money is on Astro and Kevin. Lakota Rayne has to be near the bottom but I bet they make it by a hair tonight.

Astro was in the bottom two last week because there is not a large voting block for rappers. And now that his attitude crossed the line he will be gone. Okay, he apologized but that isn't enough. He is a cocky kid who has a lot to learn.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

I think all the "sucking up" done by Astro may save him, at the very least the show is surely trying to help with that. I of course will "be thankful" if he is sent packing. Is he talented..absolutely...I just think he needs to learn some gracious humility before he can ask for "adoring" fans.

Melanie has one of the best female vocals of ANY of these shows in sometime, although I am not a fan of the "churchy" numbers performed I think she was FAN-TASTIC!

Josh is still my hands down favorite..fabulous...

Rachel needs to get an agent and get working on that Disney contract which SHOULD include her own TV show...

As for the rest, they are worthy competitors, I just don't see any of them as having the "X" factor.....

Here's hoping for an Astro & Lakoda Rayne send off!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast