+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 11/22 Live Show *** SPOILERS ***

Re: 11/22 Live Show *** SPOILERS ***

I hate to lose Leroy. I love his voice, but it always seems like he's holding back.Last night was no exception.I saw the interview with Simon, and he's right about Nichole, she looked lovely last night though.I thought everyone did well last night, I thoroughly enjoyed the show( its gaining more viewers each week)

Was out last night, so had to catch it later on DVR. Wow, great night. Loved all the emotional tributes. (Note: I FF thru Astro and Drew, since they both annoy me in their separate ways.) Two best moments for me were Melanie's dropping her polished American voice to reveal her true accent. I cried. I really hope she carries this emotion forward and continues to do well.

The other one was of course my man Josh. I agree that it wasn't quite my favorite performance of his, but he's such a good singer that I still like his "not quite" performances. I loved that they finally stripped away the chorus and let that man tear into a song on his own. (I think one of the judges even commented on how better he was by himself.) And his piano playing was lovely, too.

Going home: I wouldn't mind if Astro went home. I just don't like rap, and I think he needs to grow up a little more. Does that mean I think he should never perform again? Good heavens, no. He does work hard and he does have talent within his genre. As I said before, though, I just do not agree with thrusting children into the limelight like this because they are simply not mature enough to handle it. I just think that he needs to wait until he's older before trying to become a celebrity.

Wouldn't mind if Drew went home since she irritates me nearly every show; however, I have a dreadful feeling she'll be here for quite a while. Wouldn't mind if LR stuck around for a while because they do sing well and seem to be hitting their groove.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I hate to lose Leroy. I love his voice, but it always seems like he's holding back.Last night was no exception.
    Holding back? Why is it that singers on these reality shows have to lay themselves bare for the world? I don't see it in real life very often. However, if evoking emotion is the goal, the fact that I was sobbing while listening to Leroy must mean something. None of the other performances affected me at all other than I liked them, I didn't like them, or I was indifferent.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

FORT Fogey

I would not mind if both Astro and Drew went home. I have become a Rachel fan, although Simon has GOT to allow a real stylist to select her clothes. As Paula said incredulously when he commented on the "old fashioned" look of LR..." I am listening to fashion advice from SC??" He may be thankful for "HIS talent" ( the audience just loved that one), but he should be aware of his limitations.

Love as always Josh and Melanie.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    Holding back? Why is it that singers on these reality shows have to lay themselves bare for the world? I don't see it in real life very often. However, if evoking emotion is the goal, the fact that I was sobbing while listening to Leroy must mean something. None of the other performances affected me at all other than I liked them, I didn't like them, or I was indifferent.
    Well, thats your interpretation, and I have mine. Just when I think Leroy is going to really let go, he doesnt. I love the guy, I would bye his CD. I just want more from him.If thats okay?
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 11-23-2011 at 11:31 AM.

I think LeRoy will be safe tonight. My favorite Josh probably was the top vote getter last night and if wasn't already, the front runner. Melanie is a close second. I feel the ones in jepardoy tonight are Astro, Marcus, Lakota Rayne and Chris. I think Chris' fanbase will keep him around for at least another week. Marcus will get eliminated out right. In the head to head competition Lakota Rayne will go home if the judges vote 3/1. If the judges deadlock and vote 2/2 then Astro will go home with the least amount of votes from the public. JMHO.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Let me start off by saying I am not a rap fan.

But, there is definitely something special about Astro. I totally get why he was frustrated last week ... he writes his songs to fit the night, his lyrics address his journey in the competition. This competition is supposed to be more than just a singing contest, it's designed to showcase talent, and talented he is. It's unfortunate that his genre doesn't have mass popularity, because he will not be able to win. I hope LA is advising him in a way where he understands that it's not his lack of talent, but is because his genre doesn't appeal to the masses.

LA will probably pick him up, and if he doesn't, someone will.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I saw Simon interviewed on The Insider tonight before the show began. He was asked who was the most annoying judge and without hesitation he replied Nicole. He said she always does this little smirk after giving her critique, then showed a couple clips of this expression. I watch most shows from my DVR or at least let them roll a bit before I watch for FFing room. I usually skip Nicole and Paula but now watch Nicole. I have always found her annoying.

Okay so everyone was praised. Two going tonight. For me it will be out of Leroy, Astro and Kevin. I think the smart money is on Astro and Kevin. Lakota Rayne has to be near the bottom but I bet they make it by a hair tonight.

Astro was in the bottom two last week because there is not a large voting block for rappers. And now that his attitude crossed the line he will be gone. Okay, he apologized but that isn't enough. He is a cocky kid who has a lot to learn.
    Kevin? Trying to figure out who you mean - I'm guessing Marcus?

I think Marcus, Lakoda Rayne and Astro will be the B3. Not sure which I'd pick for the lowest vote getter.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I just found out DialIdol is predicting for X-Factor. And last week, they accurately predicted Stacy and Astro in the B2! I won't say who they have in the bottom this week, and my predictions in my previous post do not necessarily reflect the predictions on DI this week. Just wanted to make this statement in case anyone wanted to give them a look.

Hold on - I need to make a slight correction here. I got my information from a friend, and she got one thing wrong. In the predictions last week, DI had Stacy with the highest score. However, she and Astro had the lowest numbers in the "Raw Numbers" category. Seems to me last season on AI, I paid A LOT of attention to the raw numbers, and they seemed to be doing a better job of predicting who went home.
    Last edited by BuckeyeAddict; 11-23-2011 at 01:42 PM.

For X-Factor I only look at the raw numbers on dialidol. The dial prediction is way off base because I think the formula they use has become out dated.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast