+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: 11/17 Results Show *** SPOILERS ***

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Re: 11/17 Results Show *** SPOILERS ***

I think Stacy's "attitude" was a woman trying to stop herself from crying. She looked just like I would if I was holding back the tears, trying not to cry on national television.
    That said, I'm glad she was sent home. Her performance this week was VERY off key and not the professional performance that I would expect from this woman who has been working in the entertainment industry for years.
    Shoepie and Fanny Mare like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    I only caught bits and pieces of the results show, during commercial breaks of Big Bang Theory. I have since seen and read what the dust up was all about. I find it kinda funny how a lot of people are on Astro's case regarding his little temper tantrum, and yet not much was said about Stacy's attitude. Yeah, the kid was a little too big for his britches and needed a little humble smack upside the head, which has been delivered from all over the web. From the time Stacy finished singing her song on Wednesday that sourpuss *&^% u-all-look never left her face and continued into Thursday. She didn't have to say a word because her face said it all. The kid is 15 and gets a pass from me, the 42 yo with many years of show business experience, does not. I'm happy that she went home, she overstayed her welcome by a couple of weeks.
    If you go back and read the thread from the actual performance night, you will see that I criticized Stacy heavily for her attitude. On the results night, I was disappointed in her lackluster performance, but more disappointed by Astro. I thought Stacy redeemed herself by her gracious speech when it was all over. And as JMB said, she may have been simply trying not to cry like a baby on the results night. I, too, would have been too proud to blubber if I thought I was going to lose.

What is even more ironic to me is many people don't like the snottiness of a 15 yo, but probably watch other shows like The Kardashians and the Real Housewives franchise where grown women are acting like the High School Mean Girls and it seems to happen quite frequently. Disrespect, gossip, cat fights etc seem to be the norm. Or watching some guy who likes to verbally assault the contestants on his show for sport. I just don't get it. I expect adult behaviour from adults and expect kids to behave, well, like kids. JMO.
    Please don't make assumptions about people. For the record, I can't stand the Kardashians and won't even pick up a magazine if they're on the cover. I also have yet to watch a Housewife show because that kind of nastiness-for-the-sake-of-it does not appeal to me in the least. I only watch talent-based shows like this one.

And while Astro's behavior may be explainable on the results show, after all that puffing up by the judges, there was no excuse for it in the audition. Somebody needed to take him down a notch or two before he ever stepped on that stage. Kids may be kids but they can be held to standards of good behavior like the rest of us. Otherwise, how will they learn?
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Oops! Hit a few nerves here which was not my intention. My post should have been more clear. I was specifically commenting on what I have seen/read around the web after the little dust up, not on the comments made on FORT. The twitters and comments elsewhere regarding Astro were quite mean and over the top. FORT members are not vicious and calling for Astro to be kicked off the show and doesn't deserve to even have a career. This is the only site I have posted on and that is because it is friendly, well moderated and the posters are respectful of each other.

I guess I shouldn't have posted what I did, as it didn't really pertain to this website specifically. I apologize to those that thought I was posting about them. Will try to post in a more concise manner in the future.

I'm a little disappointed that the XFactor is going to be on tonight instead of tomorrow. Guess I will have to switch back and forth between this and DWTS.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Oops! Hit a few nerves here which was not my intention. My post should have been more clear. I was specifically commenting on what I have seen/read around the web after the little dust up, not on the comments made on FORT. The twitters and comments elsewhere regarding Astro were quite mean and over the top. FORT members are not vicious and calling for Astro to be kicked off the show and doesn't deserve to even have a career. This is the only site I have posted on and that is because it is friendly, well moderated and the posters are respectful of each other.

I guess I shouldn't have posted what I did, as it didn't really pertain to this website specifically. I apologize to those that thought I was posting about them. Will try to post in a more concise manner in the future.

I'm a little disappointed that the XFactor is going to be on tonight instead of tomorrow. Guess I will have to switch back and forth between this and DWTS.

Same here I have to flip back and forth enjoy.

disAsstro needed that humble pie on the face! I have a feeling that America was turned off by his temper tantrum last week and should be in the bottom again this week. It's going to be him and Lakoda Rayne. Couldn't care less who goes home but I think disASStro deserves to.
    Shoepie and Fanny Mare like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567