+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: 11/17 Results Show *** SPOILERS ***

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Re: 11/17 Results Show *** SPOILERS ***

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine305 View Post
    Double elimination next week. Should be interesting!
    I didn't know about this. Did they announce it during the show, and I just missed it?

I read that the way it works in the UK is that the lowest vote getter is automatically eliminated, and the next two battle it out and the judges choose from them.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    I read that the way it works in the UK is that the lowest vote getter is automatically eliminated, and the next two battle it out and the judges choose from them.
    They must have changed the format since we left, then. When the show first debuted in the UK in 2004, it ran exactly the way the American version does now. The only significant difference was that they only had 3 judges, and hence three groups (Over 30's, Groups, and Under 30's). Also, the judges each got four acts to mentor.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I have read on a couple of other sites that the kid's attitude was a put up job by LA. If the kid doesn't win, he will need "attitude" to succeed since he is too young to have "street cred". It was all for the publicity.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

Astro wore unauthorized headphones for his performance. The producers told him not to and that there would be consequences if he did. I think Astro thought that is why he was put in the bottom two. He didn't realize that legally they can't put him in the bottom two with out saying that it wasn't necssarily the bottom two. On the X-Factor site Astro's performance video has the headphones blurred out.

FORT Fogey

Oh my, it all just gets more and more interesting.

From arrogance to breaking the rules--my oh my.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

If that's true, then the tears when Simon was criticizing him totally blew it.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

I wish they would go with 3 judges here, but I'd like to see them split the groups equally with each judge mentoring a guy, a girl, and over 30, and a group. Or some such thing. Four judges are one judge too many.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

I only caught bits and pieces of the results show, during commercial breaks of Big Bang Theory. I have since seen and read what the dust up was all about. I find it kinda funny how a lot of people are on Astro's case regarding his little temper tantrum, and yet not much was said about Stacy's attitude. Yeah, the kid was a little too big for his britches and needed a little humble smack upside the head, which has been delivered from all over the web. From the time Stacy finished singing her song on Wednesday that sourpuss *&^% u-all-look never left her face and continued into Thursday. She didn't have to say a word because her face said it all. The kid is 15 and gets a pass from me, the 42 yo with many years of show business experience, does not. I'm happy that she went home, she overstayed her welcome by a couple of weeks.

What is even more ironic to me is many people don't like the snottiness of a 15 yo, but probably watch other shows like The Kardashians and the Real Housewives franchise where grown women are acting like the High School Mean Girls and it seems to happen quite frequently. Disrespect, gossip, cat fights etc seem to be the norm. Or watching some guy who likes to verbally assault the contestants on his show for sport. I just don't get it. I expect adult behaviour from adults and expect kids to behave, well, like kids. JMO.

Other than that I only liked Josh this week. That was an awesome performance and the only contestant who rocked 'rock week'.

Not here. Don't watch the kardashians , never seen a housewife show yet.Assumptions all around.

How do you know what they are like? to compare them to astro??
    Shoepie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast