+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: 11/16 Live Show *** SPOILERS ***

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

11/16 Live Show *** SPOILERS ***

Do I hear crickets??? The show has been over for more than 20 minutes, and nobody's posted? I'll review my recording and post who did what. It was Rock Week. I will say that Josh is the only one who truly rocked it. And rock it, he did!

Re: 11/16 Live Show *** SPOILERS ***

The judges are FINALLY offering critiques. It's not just a love-fest. So I'm liking that part better. But I FF'd through some of the performances and some of the judges' comments.

In order of appearance, which corresponds to their number to vote for them:

1. Leroy Bell, singing "We've Got Tonight" (Bob Seger). I thought it was OK, but not up to par with Seger.
    2. Rachel, singing "Satisfaction" (Rolling Stones). She made it R&B. It really sounded like 60's R&B to me. Just OK.
    3. Chris Rene - don't know the song (a Bob Marley reggae song), FF'd through it. Just checked out the judges' responses. A couple of critiques about whether or not it was R&R.
    4. Stacy Francis, "It's All Coming Back to Me" (Meatloaf / Celine Dion). Terrible, IMO. Not too favorable reviews by Paula and Simon.
    5. Melanie, "Everybody Hurts" (REM). She slowed it down, sounded wonderful. Some critiques about it not being R&R, but I think it was mostly jabs from one judge to another.
    6. Josh Krajcik, "The Pretender" (Foo Fighters). What a performance! I didn't know this song, but he soooo rocked it! Judges gave him a standing O, Simon said he was "bloody fantastic."
    7. Astro, "Every Breath You Take" (The Police). I hate rap. FF'd through it.
    8. Lakoda Rayne, medley of "Your Love" (The Outfield) and "Go Your Own Way" (Fleetwood Mac). I was sort of rooting for them, but I didn't think it went too well.
    9. Drew, "With or Without You" (U2). REALLY slowed down. Too much, IMO. I liked her at first, but I'm getting tired of her style. She sounds like somebody (or multiple somebodies), but I'm not sure who. And LA thinks she sounds unique. I think she sounds copycat.
    10. Marcus, "Piece of My Heart" (Janis Joplin). All right. Not bad, not great.
    Last edited by BuckeyeAddict; 11-16-2011 at 10:48 PM.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    Do I hear crickets??? The show has been over for more than 20 minutes, and nobody's posted? I'll review my recording and post who did what. It was Rock Week. I will say that Josh is the only one who truly rocked it. And rock it, he did!
    So so True....Josh the true rock star. In my book he was #1 tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine305 View Post
    So so True....Josh the true rock star. In my book he was #1 tonight.
    We're reading the same book! I'm watching his performance for the 4th time right now. Loving it more and more.

Besides his talent, I just love Josh's responses to the judges' compliments. He just gushes and appreciates every single bit of praise. He doesn't act entitled at all.
    Last edited by BuckeyeAddict; 11-16-2011 at 10:53 PM.

I still love Leroy. I think he sexy and talented. It was Josh's night for sure. Stacey made my ears bleed, she should go home

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    The judges are FINALLY offering critiques. It's not just a love-fest. So I'm liking that part better. But I FF'd through some of the performances and some of the judges' comments.

In order of appearance, which corresponds to their number to vote for them:

1. Leroy Bell, singing "We've Got Tonight" (Bob Seger). I thought it was OK, but not up to par with Seger.
    2. Rachel, singing "Satisfaction" (Rolling Stones). She made it R&B. It really sounded like 60's R&B to me. Just OK.
    3. Chris Rene - don't know the song (a Bob Marley reggae song), FF'd through it. Just checked out the judges' responses. A couple of critiques about whether or not it was R&R.
    4. Stacy Francis, "It's All Coming Back to Me" (Meatloaf / Celine Dion). Terrible, IMO. Not too favorable reviews by Paula and Simon.
    5. Melanie, "Everybody Hurts" (REM). She slowed it down, sounded wonderful. Some critiques about it not being R&R, but I think it was mostly jabs from one judge to another.
    6. Josh Krajcik, "The Pretender" (Foo Fighters). What a performance! I didn't know this song, but he soooo rocked it! Judges gave him a standing O, Simon said he was "bloody fantastic."
    7. Astro, "Every Breath You Take" (The Police). I hate rap. FF'd through it.
    8. Lakoda Rayne, medley of "Your Love" (The Outfield) and "Go Your Own Way" (Fleetwood Mac). I was sort of rooting for them, but I didn't think it went too well.
    9. Drew, "With or Without You" (U2). REALLY slowed down. Too much, IMO. I liked her at first, but I'm getting tired of her style. She sounds like somebody (or multiple somebodies), but I'm not sure who. And LA thinks she sounds unique. I think she sounds copycat.
    10. Marcus, "Piece of My Heart" (Janis Joplin). All right. Not bad, not great.

I think you gave a pretty accurate rewiew.

I'll be bummed if anyone but Josh wins this thing.
    BuckeyeAddict likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I still love Leroy. I think he sexy and talented. It was Josh's night for sure. Stacey made my ears bleed, she should go home

Mine too! And she didn't look too happy after the judges' told her what they thought.

I wish Melanie sang Joplin, and Marcus sang Journey's Don't Stop Believing ... although I don't know that he could have hit the high notes. He was too uncomfortable with the format/dancers.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Melanie = zzzZZZZZzzzzzz. A great voice does not an entertainer make.

Stacey: God that was awful - Godawful. I now see why after having had so many opportunities to make it big, i.e., schmoozing with Hollywood A-listers etc., she hasn't made it big: her pitch is TERRIBLE! She was horribly off-pitch the entire song.

Drew: Love her voice to death, but she's too one-trick pony. Every song she's say for the past three or four weeks have all sounded the same. ALL of them.

LeRoy: See my comments above for Melanie. I do like him, him, however.

Chris: My boy. Loved his performance, love his vibe and see him going on to have a recording career even without this show.

Lakoda Rayne: Not terrible by any means. I thought they were a whole lot better last night than Simon gave them credit for. Their harmonies were on-point. I like them doing the country rock thing. It suits them.

Josh: Well, what can I say. The man is incredibly talented and will DEFINITELY be one of the last ones standing, if not THE last one standing. Well-deserved praise last night for him. His performance was incredible.

Marcus: I couldn't care less what Simon says, this boy can sing AND perform with the best of them. Awesome voice, commanding stage presence. Puts it all on the stage every week. I want him to do well, and could see him with a very successful R&B music career.

Astro: I seriously can't be the only one whose mind is blown by this kid's level of talent. I mean...WOW. To be able to rap that way is a gift, and precious vew rappers have this level of ability. I am in awe everytime he's out there. He's driven, determined, confident and ready to go. I'm not psychic, but I see his kid cradling an arm full of Grammy's and / or AMA's in the not so distant future. Move over Justin Bieber, because here comes a REAL, legitimate teen music star.

Rachel: Love this kid, love her sunny, bubbly personality, and she can sing.

Overall, great performances last night. Too bad Simon was on his period this week (eyeroll), and hated pretty much everything except for his own group of singers.
    Last edited by bee stung lips; 11-17-2011 at 08:04 AM.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

There is something about Drew that just draws me in. Perhaps its that she's only 14 and sounds so much older
    I agree about Astro, he's very talented, and last night I enjoyed him. I just dont care for him( hard to explain) but he has a huge career ahead of him regardless of what I think

I would purchase a CD of Leroys, I just love him

FORT Fogey

I realized last night what the X FACTOR intro reminds me of......In the movie INDEPENDENCE DAY, it is the space ships when they com into the cities to destroy them. Everything about that show is just over the top.......please tone down the lights, dancers and backup singers!!!! It is all too much.

Loved how the others judges didn't keep to the theme of rock as decreed by Simon, but all his choices were perfect. I really dislike him more on this show, then I did on AI

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast