+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: 11/16 Live Show *** SPOILERS ***

Re: 11/16 Live Show *** SPOILERS ***

I love Simon, I didnt think half the song choices suited the singer. He was right

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Sure would love to know how Simon arrived at the belief that "Take Another Piece of My Heart" wasn't suitable for Marcus, yet, "I Can't Get No Satisfaction" was suitable for thirteen year-old Rachel Crow.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

He did make a fool of himself with the disputes on song choice/appropriate genre and his own were not perfect.....oh wait, they were perfect because they were HIS choices

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Sure would love to know how Simon arrived at the belief that "Take Another Piece of My Heart" wasn't suitable for Marcus, yet, "I Can't Get No Satisfaction" was suitable for thirteen year-old Rachel Crow.
    I didnt like either choice.While I think Rachel is okay, I am not a huge fan of Marcus

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    He did make a fool of himself with the disputes on song choice/appropriate genre and his own were not perfect.....oh wait, they were perfect because they were HIS choices
    I generally love Simon however, when critiquing the other singers last night he would say they weren't sticking to the "theme" of Rock n Roll....well DAH! Simon...Drew certainly was rockin' n rollin'....

The only singer (IMHO) that was Rock n Roll and sung like R & R was Josh...the others chose a song from that genre and sang it....big difference...

I think Lakota Rayne and Stacey Francis will be our bottom 2...hopefully Stacey Francis leaves us..so Paula can at least save face.
    BuckeyeAddict likes this.

I think most of the antics with the judges is staged. I just don't buy it. Could they be that dim witted? I doubt it.

I have also noticed something about the audience that makes me curious. Why is the audience always kept in the dark? They hardly ever show the audience faces. We hear all this applause, but not any actual people. They could have canned applause and laughter and we wouldn't know the difference. I really dislike that. The most important thing about the performances are the audiences. The show seems to ignore that. Perhaps Melani and the others could get more into the performance if they could see the people, instead a sea of nothing.

The show seems to focus too much on what is fluff, like flashing lights, dancers, costumes, etc. and not the actual performance. It's really gotten old fast IMO. Does anyone know how their ratings are?

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict View Post
    I think Lakota Rayne and Stacey Francis will be our bottom 2...hopefully Stacey Francis leaves us..so Paula can at least save face.
    That is my hope also.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Does anyone know how their ratings are?
    Good question. I looked it up, found out on rickey dot org's site for last night:
    Modern Family won the night with a 5.5 rating and 12.8 million viewers
    X-Factor had a 3.8 rating with 11.2 million viewers. Not sure how that compares with the rest of the week. I'll try to research later. But it was similar to last week.
    Survivor had a 3.3 rating with 11.5 million viewers.

Now I'm confused. How does X-Factor get a better rating than X-Factor, but has more viewers? Or does the rating have anything to do with the number of viewers? I don't have time right now, but I'll see if I can find out more in a bit.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    Now I'm confused. How does X-Factor get a better rating than X-Factor, but has more viewers? Or does the rating have anything to do with the number of viewers? I don't have time right now, but I'll see if I can find out more in a bit.
    OK, to answer my own question (sort of), this is the definition of what the rating represents, from tvbythenumbers, altered slightly so I'm not copying:
    Estimated percentage of the universe of TV households tuned to a show in the average minute. Ratings are shown as a percent.

Also found out that CBS's Criminal Minds had 12.5 million viewers with a 3.7 rating. So that did better. However, FOX won the night for 18-49 year olds. I'm guessing that's because XF is 2 hours long - which is a long time to hold onto that many viewers. Modern Family is only 1/2 hour, and Survivor and Criminal Minds are 1 hour.

Still don't know how XF ranks for the week.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict View Post
    Back to this - I think last night Simon set up a save for Lakoda Rayne, with a hope that Stacy would be in the B2 with them. He said he hoped LR would be able to stick around a little longer because he thought they still had something to offer (or something of that nature). So in order to explain why he isn't voting to send them home, even though they hit B2 two consecutive weeks, he can refer to what he said last night.

But that's assuming LR is in the B2. Maybe more people will vote for them because they feel badly for Paula. Of course, I didn't think Stereo Hoggz would be in the B2 two weeks in a row, so who knows. Voting results can be very surprising.

FORT Fogey

It's interesting how judging can get more objective as you lose your contestants; i.e., Paula. She was the only judge not participating in all the bickering and actually had some constructive comments when the others were fighting and being territorial. For example, she told Drew she could take advantage of theme weeks to show her diversity.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast