+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 11/10 Results Show *** SPOILERS ***

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

11/10 Results Show *** SPOILERS ***

Yikes! The show didn't record for me tonight. Didn't anyone watch???

Re: 11/10 Results Show *** SPOILERS ***

I did a little internet surfing. Bottom 2 were Lakoda Rayne, and once again, Stereo Hoggz. Who would have guessed? So, obviously, after landing in the B2 two weeks in a row, Stereo Hoggz had to go.

Paula isn't doing too well. She can't be happy.

I watched ... Lakoda Rayne's save me song was horrible - the dark haired girl had a solo at the beginning and she was so thrown by being bottom 2, it was really rough. LA Reid said he didn't like Stereo Hogzz song choice and voted to keep Lakoda Rayne, Nicole kept Lakoda Rayne because she believes in "girl power", Paula fell to pieces and couldn't vote, but eventually voted out Lakoda Rain and Simon put the nail in the Stereo Hogzz coffin saying he thought Lakoda Rayne could be more successful commercially (eg - pimp the pretty girls).

Stacie was the first safe ... and the look on Simon's face was like WTF after last night's dog of a performance ...

Stereo Hoggz don't need this show they will be successful they have the look and the talent. Poor song choice by Paula killed them. How Lakoda Rayne was chosen is beyond me they suck at harmony.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Stereo Hogzz was Paula's ONLY good choice. The other two groups she should have chosen 4Shore and The Answer.
    Debb70 likes this.

Totally agree that Lakoda Rayne and inTENsity are a joke. 4Shore and The Answer (and even Illusion/Confusion) are real groups. Stereo Hoggz were the better group and they also do choreography so they work harder than anyone else. I had a WTF moment too just like Simon when Staci Francis was called first. She had the worst performance last night and they called her first. Maybe because she was the last person called safe last week so they wanted to give her a break. I thought she should have been eliminated.

Anyway, why would the judges have to say the brutal and more negative "I'm sending home..." instead of the positive "I'm saving..."? Makes it easier for the judges. Simon has voted against Stereo Hogzz now twice. Really ironic since he said that they are the best group in the industry right now but he has chosen inTENsity and Lakoda Rayne over them and I know that his reason is because he thinks the other groups will sell more records despite the fact that they are just made up groups, in effect, because they are young and better looking and not because they are more talented.

I think the format should be like this for American Idol where the two lowest vote getter compete to sing and then the judges vote to save one (I see that if it's a tie, the lowest vote getter goes home). It's like America's Got Talent where the judges gets the choice of keeping one of the two acts who placed 4th and 5th to move on to the next round. And also like America's Best Dance Crew where the bottome 2 crew goes into a dance showdown and the judges choose who to save. The format prevents more talented acts from getting the surprise boot (i.e Pia Toscano, Melinda Dolittle, Tamyra Gray, Chris Daughtry, Jennifer Hudson, etc.)
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 11-11-2011 at 01:13 AM.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    Totally agree that Lakoda Rayne and inTENsity are a joke. 4Shore and The Answer (and even Illusion/Confusion) are real groups. Stereo Hoggz were the better group and they also do choreography so they work harder than anyone else. I had a WTF moment too just like Simon when Staci Francis was called first. She had the worst performance last night and they called her first. Maybe because she was the last person called safe last week so they wanted to give her a break. I thought she should have been eliminated.

Anyway, why would the judges have to say the brutal and more negative "I'm sending home..." instead of the positive "I'm saving..."? Makes it easier for the judges. Simon has voted against Stereo Hogzz now twice. Really ironic since he said that they are the best group in the industry right now but he has chosen inTENsity and Lakoda Rayne over them and I know that his reason is because he thinks the other groups will sell more records despite the fact that they are just made up groups, in effect, because they are young and better looking and not because they are more talented.

I think the format should be like this for American Idol where the two lowest vote getter compete to sing and then the judges vote to save one (I see that if it's a tie, the lowest vote getter goes home). It's like America's Got Talent where the judges gets the choice of keeping one of the two acts who placed 4th and 5th to move on to the next round. And also like America's Best Dance Crew where the bottome 2 crew goes into a dance showdown and the judges choose who to save. The format prevents more talented acts from getting the surprise boot (i.e Pia Toscano, Melinda Dolittle, Tamyra Gray, Chris Daughtry, Jennifer Hudson, etc.)
    I wish I could have seen Simon's face when Stacey's name was called. I agree - she was bad. Her voice was really shrill. Maybe they called her first to give her supporters a false sense of security? I'll feel badly for her when she's booted, but she should not outlast many of the others. Heck, I'd keep Lakoda Rayne over her, in a heartbeat!

I also agree with you about how cruel it is for the judges to say who they are sending home. I assume that's the format in the UK? Not that it makes it right. They give overdone praise on performance night, as if they're afraid of hurting feelings. Why do they have to suddenly have to be mean on results night?

Another agreement on the format of elimination. I LOVE that the judges pick from the F2. AI should go that route. They probably won't though. They won't want to look like they're copying, and it also gives them less leverage for stressing the importance of voting. I'm not as afraid of my favorite going home prematurely on XF - at least not at this stage. It's doubtful that 2 front-runners would be in the B2 at the same time.

I'm curious how long the judges choose from the B2. Surely when it's down to the top 3, the judges don't decide which of the B2 gets to go to the finale? Babbred, do you remember how this worked on the UK XF?

FORT Regular

I'm curious how long the judges choose from the B2. Surely when it's down to the top 3, the judges don't decide which of the B2 gets to go to the finale? Babbred, do you remember how this worked on the UK XF?
    In case you didn't know, there are only six weeks left in the competition for the finale is December 21. With that being said, my guess is that either next week or the week after is going to be a double elimination (bottom 3 at risk, lowest vote getter automatically eliminated). The rest of the eliminations between then and the finale will probably be single eliminations (each with the Bottom 2 facing the final showdown) and then the Final 4 will face off in the finale where only America's votes will decide who wins. I prefer this American Idol/Voice mix elimination format for several reasons:

1. A horrible singer can't possibly make it to the finale (coughBeverlycough)

2. It is possible for multiple acts in a category (up to 3 so it is not a runaway) to make it to the finale

3. A final 4 is a great number of people to have at the finale, little enough so that each acts gets to sing 2 or 3 songs but not so few (2) that you eventually get tired of hearing the finalists sing and fast forward through the rest of it

4. If a favorite singer overall has a tough week and lands in the bottom, the judges can easily correct that and put them through, hopefully ensuring that it doesn't happen again

What is Paula going to do when LaKoda Rayne goes home next week? No coach will want the groups category next season. I heard an idea that each coach should get one girl, one boy, one over 30 and one group. That is more fair IMO. I don't think Paula could take having a group another season.

I thought the boy band was better than LaKoda Rayne too. I just don't understand what is great about those girls. THey don't sound good and they are dressed like something from the 1980's.

I thought Stacy had her best performance this week. At least she wasn't crying and had some in your face attitude. I will have to be in the minority here about Stacy. I'm hoping she hangs around for awhile. I prefer her doing upbeat songs as opposed to slow emotional stuff. I'm in the over 30 crowd, so I have to support those contestants. LOL

I'm keep my fingers crossed for my top favorites. Rachel and Melanie. If Rachel goes home. I may not watch the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    I wish I could have seen Simon's face when Stacey's name was called. I agree - she was bad. Her voice was really shrill. Maybe they called her first to give her supporters a false sense of security? I'll feel badly for her when she's booted, but she should not outlast many of the others. Heck, I'd keep Lakoda Rayne over her, in a heartbeat!
    Try to catch it on YouTube. I died laughing when I saw it last night. It was funny because it was a quick, unguarded expression, hence you know it was real.

also agree with you about how cruel it is for the judges to say who they are sending home. I assume that's the format in the UK? Not that it makes it right. They give overdone praise on performance night, as if they're afraid of hurting feelings. Why do they have to suddenly have to be mean on results night?
    Yes, this show is a clone of the UK version, which has been running for several years now. I, too, would rather that the judges phrase it more positively in terms of who they want rather than who they don't.

Another agreement on the format of elimination. I LOVE that the judges pick from the F2. AI should go that route. They probably won't though. They won't want to look like they're copying, and it also gives them less leverage for stressing the importance of voting. I'm not as afraid of my favorite going home prematurely on XF - at least not at this stage. It's doubtful that 2 front-runners would be in the B2 at the same time.
    I love this format! That's why when it debuted in the UK I liked it so much better than Idol. For all its shortcomings (overdone productions on the songs), deep down I still like this show better than AI.

I believe that once the final 2 were announced, it became like AI and just had a grand finale with those two performing. It's been several years since I've watched the UK version, but I seem to recall that's how it went.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast