+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 11/10 Results Show *** SPOILERS ***

  1. #11
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: 11/10 Results Show *** SPOILERS ***

    I understood the Stero Hogz going. Simon and LA are looking for recording artists, not performers. They would make a good opening act in Vegas for a comic or singer. They think Dakota Rayne has a better shot as recording artists. It really doesn't matter because Dakota Rayne will go next week anyway.

    I agree that they should divide the groups next season so each jugde mentors a mix of sexes, ages and groups. And don't make up a group; choose from those you already put through!

    Melane, Rachael and Josh are my favorites and I think they will make it very far if not the finals.

    I like this show much better than AI.

  2. #12
    Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    2,367

    Re: 11/10 Results Show *** SPOILERS ***

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    What is Paula going to do when LaKoda Rayne goes home next week?
    Considering eliminating Lakoda Rayne would put Paula out of business, if they are in the B2 next week again, their competition might have to be one of the front-runners for the judges to kick LR (and Paula) to the curb. LR will probably get more of a pass than most others because of that. When LR does go - and it probably won't be too long, unless they start really kicking butt, I'm sure Paula will still be on the judges panel, but maybe she'll just be done with being a coach for this season. Or maybe she'll lend her assistance with choreography to whoever might want it.

    I keep thinking back to how depressed Paula looked each time she gave the good news to a group that they made her F4, except when she told Stereo Hoggz. They were the only ones we saw her look really happy for. I kept thinking that maybe she was told to keep the other 3, and she disagreed, but she wasn't given a choice. But maybe she was also bummed that she got the groups. She's probably very familiar with the UK XF, and I hear the groups never do very well. I wonder how a group of 16-20 year old cute guys would fare? Sort of like 'N Sync or Backstreet Boys.
    Last edited by BuckeyeAddict; 11-11-2011 at 02:45 PM.

  3. #13
    FORT Fogey Babbred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow...
    Posts
    2,788

    Re: 11/10 Results Show *** SPOILERS ***

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    Considering eliminating Lakoda Rayne would put Paula out of business, if they are in the B2 next week again, their competition might have to be one of the front-runners for the judges to kick LR (and Paula) to the curb. LR will probably get more of a pass than most others because of that. When LR does go - and it probably won't be too long, unless they start really kicking butt, I'm sure Paula will still be on the judges panel, but maybe she'll just be done with being a coach for this season. Or maybe she'll lend her assistance with choreography to whoever might want it.
    This is truly bizarre. We lived in England for the first 3 seasons of UK XF, and this never happened while we were there. Or at least not this early. I mean, obviously if there are only 2 in the finale then 2 of the judges are out of acts. But to have an entire category eliminated this early? Wow.

    I keep thinking back to how depressed Paula looked each time she gave the good news to a group that they made her F4, except when she told Stereo Hoggz. They were the only ones we saw her look really happy for. I kept thinking that maybe she was told to keep the other 3, and she disagreed, but she wasn't given a choice. But maybe she was also bummed that she got the groups. She's probably very familiar with the UK XF, and I hear the groups never do very well. I wonder how a group of 16-20 year old cute guys would fare? Sort of like 'N Sync or Backstreet Boys.
    That's not quite true. I remember quite distinctly that one season on the UK XF, a group came in second and went on to become very popular. They had music videos, CD's, radio airplay, the whole nine yards. Of course, it helped that they were a group of fairly young guys. (They were college guys who had been singing on street corners to make some money before they auditioned. As far as I know they were all single.)
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

    Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

  4. #14
    FORT Fogey MsDiva2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Del Mar, California
    Age
    51
    Posts
    4,402

    Re: 11/10 Results Show *** SPOILERS ***

    Stereo Hoggz I will not be surprised to see them working with LA Reids company. They are way more than just a vegas act they are a new age boys to men. I would lay out money to see them in concert because I know I would truly see a excellent show.Lakoda Rayne can't all stay in tune at the same time and have zero stage presence.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

  5. #15
    Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: 11/10 Results Show *** SPOILERS ***

    Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Stereo Hoggz I will not be surprised to see them working with LA Reids company. They are way more than just a vegas act they are a new age boys to men. I would lay out money to see them in concert because I know I would truly see a excellent show.
    My thoughts exactly. Totally agree.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

  6. #16
    FORT Fogey Babbred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow...
    Posts
    2,788

    Re: 11/10 Results Show *** SPOILERS ***

    Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Stereo Hoggz I will not be surprised to see them working with LA Reids company. They are way more than just a vegas act they are a new age boys to men. I would lay out money to see them in concert because I know I would truly see a excellent show.Lakoda Rayne can't all stay in tune at the same time and have zero stage presence.
    I couldn't agree more!
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

    Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

  7. #17
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,941

    Re: 11/10 Results Show *** SPOILERS ***

    Even the LR name reminds me of Danity Kane....the group manufactured by Diddy. Those girls went through a very rigorous audition process....LR..not so much

  8. #18
    Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    2,367

    Re: 11/10 Results Show *** SPOILERS ***

    Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    That's not quite true. I remember quite distinctly that one season on the UK XF, a group came in second and went on to become very popular. They had music videos, CD's, radio airplay, the whole nine yards. Of course, it helped that they were a group of fairly young guys. (They were college guys who had been singing on street corners to make some money before they auditioned. As far as I know they were all single.)
    There you go! Young cute guys... probably the only kind of group that could succeed on this show. A couple of The Stereo Hoggz looked attractive, but they seemed to downplay any physical attractiveness. Maybe they shouldn't have. But that's what they had a mentor for. To advise them on what they need to do to win fans and votes.

  9. #19
    FORT Fogey 2observe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,118

    Re: 11/10 Results Show *** SPOILERS ***

    Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Stereo Hoggz don't need this show they will be successful they have the look and the talent. Poor song choice by Paula killed them. How Lakoda Rayne was chosen is beyond me they suck at harmony.
    The way I see it is that since the Judges are competing against each other, they would send home Paula's strongest group. Imo, Stereo Hoggz was the strongest of the two groups, and it's been rather clear to me that Paula spent alot more time with Stereo Hoggz than she did with Lakoda Rayne. jmo.
    Babbred likes this.

  10. #20
    FORT Fogey Babbred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow...
    Posts
    2,788

    Re: 11/10 Results Show *** SPOILERS ***

    Quote Originally Posted by 2observe View Post
    The way I see it is that since the Judges are competing against each other, they would send home Paula's strongest group. Imo, Stereo Hoggz was the strongest of the two groups, and it's been rather clear to me that Paula spent alot more time with Stereo Hoggz than she did with Lakoda Rayne. jmo.
    Great observation! I hadn't even thought about that, but it makes total sense.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

    Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.