+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: 11/9 Live Show ***Spoilers***

Re: 11/9 Live Show ***Spoilers***

Thank you! I thought that song sounded awfully familiar.

So, Simon, Drew is the new Lady Gaga? Really?

On second thought, yeah, I can see the resemblance. Both of them dress so badly that your eyes water looking at them...
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    LA saying it was predictable. I can see where he's coming from. Yeah, it was good, but nothing spectacular. Kind of like the past weeks.
    And Astro is not predicatable???? Rap, rap, rap every week. Same old thing every week.......
    BuckeyeAddict and Babycakee like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    I told her that Rachel reminds me of Judy Garland. The latter was snapped up by MGM when she was just 12, and then the studio had no idea what to do with her. Here was this pint-sized kid who could sing like a woman twice her age.
    Yes! That kid has an AMAZING voice and incredible stage presence. I got chills when she sang.

I think Nicole is a waste of space and LA Reid is a horses behind. Not sure I will watch next year if changes are not made.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What does it mean that I totally forgot that this show was on last night?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Several things about this show are irritating:
    1) fake animosity between the judges
    2) personal attacks on contestants' choices
    3) the host is the east end of a horse going west
    4) meaningless critiques of the performances

I guess that's it for now but I am only watching now to see how my favorites (Josh, Melanie, Rachel) perform. Other than those three I don't give a flying fandango about the contestants either.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

"...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Waning interest. I had forgotten too but suddenly landed on it. I ended up flipping chaneles between it and Next Great Artist but I spent much more time on the latter and had to rewatch the former. For whatever reason, at this point in the competition, I find myself less intersted than I was earlier on. I think a big part of it for me is the over-the-top production. The crazy outfits, dancers, wind blowing, etc. have been so distracting that they take away from, rather than enhance, the performances.

Through it all, the only performances I liked this week were Rachel's and LeRoy's and I probably liked them more than the others because they were clean and simple on stage.

I will say, though, that I am a HUGE Drew fan, but LA Reid had it right about her - and Melanie.....not enough diversity to keep it interesting.

And they made such a big deal out of Josh singing Joe Cocker, but I kept wondering why because in my mind, he HAS been Joe Cocker since day 1. However, I'm not a fan of Joe Cocker's songs (bleh). I am a fan of the voice, though, and Josh is more appealing to me when he applies his Joe Cocker voice to non-Joe Cocker songs.

As it is, I think Rachel, as Simon said, is back in the running. For my tastes, she was the only one who shined last night in a big way.

I will keep watching though. It will be interesting to see which artists can continute to be interesting. They have a long haul left and it will be easier said than done.

I do wish, however, they'd scale back on some of the production. It sends the message that X Factor is about the show first and the artist second - and it should be the other way around.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678