+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: 11/9 Live Show ***Spoilers***

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Re: 11/9 Live Show ***Spoilers***

My faves tonight were Josh, Rachel and Leroy. The voice that comes out of Rachel wows me. Little girls like that shouldn't sound that way! Thank goodness that she chose the song, as we saw what happens when Simon does. Glad she recovered from last week. Leroy's voice gives me goosebumps. He sounds like someone way back in the 60's, maybe a little Otis Redding. I just love him. Josh sounded pretty great too, but I missed the beginning which was probably the best part.

I certainly think that Drew is very good and did well tonight, but she is definitely predictable. But she is very marketable and current. You can just see the dollar signs in Simon's eyes when he watches her. Chris and Astro, very good too and I know that rap is not going to go over well with most viewers, but I love it. Astro is probably being eyed by many in the industry, so he will have a career after this. Chris, I am not sure about.

Stacy is definitely bottom 2 tomorrow and out for good. Rachel got the pimp spot so she's safe. I would say Lakoda Rayne shares the bottom with Stacy. Stereo Hoggz are fun to watch but the audience just doesn't connect with groups so they may have saved themselves one more week of perfornance after seeing them in the bottom 2 last week.

FORT Fogey

Once again I agree with Simon and LA gives a good critique, as well. I can do without the women gushing. If you like the performance just say so without all the rainbows and flowery rhetoric.

I agree with LA about Drew but Simon did offer a good point. That is her style and these are the kind of songs she will record. Melanie (I Have a Brand New Key) had a very distinct style in all of her songs. She could not maintain her popularity but is still recording.

I do not like Stacy or Astro (don't like rap). I like Dakota Rayne, Josh and Drews dress.

FORT Fogey

If possible the staging was even more ridiculous than earlier shows. During a couple of acts, I thought we were doing a Broadway show with a crowd scene, there were so many people on the stage. Josh doesn't need anything...just his voice, yet there were a ton of others on stage including two women in FRONTof him.

Hated Drew's dress and hair. I had to laugh when Simon pompously announced that Drew designed it....so....it was UGLY. It looks like something a 14 years old with no taste would wear when given free reign.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    If possible the staging was even more ridiculous than earlier shows. During a couple of acts, I thought we were doing a Broadway show with a crowd scene, there were so many people on the stage. Josh doesn't need anything...just his voice, yet there were a ton of others on stage including two women in FRONTof him.

Hated Drew's dress and hair. I had to laugh when Simon pompously announced that Drew designed it....so....it was UGLY. It looks like something a 14 years old with no taste would wear when given free reign.
    I don't mind the staging on this show. I rather like it, in fact. I figure with it being called the X-Factor, they're aiming to give it more of a big production feel to it.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I thought most all of them did better last night than the week before. Thank God Rachel was allowed to do a song that will showcase her voice. She needs huge songs that allow her to show her range, not silly little jingles. I hope Simon gets that.

I thought it was funny that L.A. is critical of Melanie for doing the same type of song, when he has one that does nothing but rap. What's wrong with him?

Simon should have kept his mouth shut when Paula dissed Drew's dress. He didn't have to embarrass her that way. The girl seems nice enough, except she doesn't have much of a voice. I just don't think it's right to push and elevate people with average vocals to stardom.
    ibot2much likes this.

FORT Fogey

I agree with you. I do not get the Drew love...she is OK, but very often off key
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    As much as I liked Josh's performance, I have to agree with Simon now that I've watched it again. It was a little distracting with all those women. I hate it when I agree with Simon.

I have a teenage niece, and you are so right! They don't even have to be tasteless; it's the outfit of a normal teenager trying to shock her elders. And this is supposed to pass for fashionable? I guess I'm officially an old fogey now.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I was at work earlier, so didn't have time to post all of my thoughts.

On my way to listen to Josh on my DVR, I stopped and listened to Astro again. Rap will still never be high on my list of favorite music genres; however, I did see why people say he's good. I could only understand half of what he sang but I liked it. My favorite part was "Enough of the sad stories! Boo hoo hoo!" He was talking about himself, to stop feeling sorry for himself, but I LOL when he sang it. I wanted to yell, "That's right! Enough of the tear jerking stories that are just manipulations on the part of the producers to get votes! You go, boy!"

Some more thoughts about Josh:

They said his song was by Joe Cocker, but that it came from the film "Across the Universe." Did the Beatles originally sing this song? Because ATU was like "Mama Mia": a bunch of Beatles' songs with a thin plot to justify putting them in a movie. (On a side note: talking about crossing genders, in that movie a girl sings one of the songs. I think it's "If I Fall in Love With You.")

Like I said above, Simon's criticism becomes more apparent upon repeated viewings. Why was Josh positioned behind his back-up singers? It felt weird. And speaking of which, the opening lines where Josh sang a capella, were the best. Once the other singers came in, they almost drowned the poor man in sound. At times it seemed like he was straining to be heard above the music.

Don't get me wrong. Josh is still my favorite contestant. But Simon was spot-on. They need to remove all that crud and let poor Josh sing alone. That voice alone is worth paying for to hear.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Yes, A Little Help From My Friends is by the Beatles from 1969. It's on their album Sgt. Pepper Lonely Heart's Club Band, which I think was also a movie. Joe Cocker covered it later. I like both versions.

With a Little Help from My Friends - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast