+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: 11/2 Live Show ***Spoilers***

11/2 Live Show ***Spoilers***

Finally, it's for real. The viewers get to vote.

Stereo Hogzz up first, singing "Rhythm Nation" They did really well. They had funky costumes (a la Michael Jackson), good choreography, and good singing. They also had a stage full of back-up dancers, and the audience was cheering throughout, so it felt like a concert instead of a reality show. Judges are raving. Simon says they're one of the best bands he's ever heard, and that he wishes he were their mentor. The crowd is chanting "Pau-la!" Paula gushing of course, but for once, I don't mind. SH deserved it.
    Last edited by Babbred; 11-02-2011 at 08:10 PM.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Re: 11/2 Live Show ***Spoilers***

Chris up next. Not sure of the song, but has the famous line, "Don't you remember you told me you loved me, baby?" Chris is doing pretty ok, not great IMO. The stage had flames on it, which I thought was cheesy.

Simon says it looked like Chris was in hell. Naturally, LA is not happy. Finally, no more sweetness and light from the judges! In fairness, though, Simon did say that Chris has improved greatly over the past weeks.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

OMG - LOVES me some Chris Rene! I love this guy's vibe.
    Parkhillian likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Yes, Stereo Hoggz were good. Good to hear somebody cover "Rhythm Nation." Interestingly, on The Sing-Off last night, one group did a Janet Jackson medley.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Chris up next. Not sure of the song, but has the famous line, "Don't you remember you told me you loved me, baby?" Chris is doing pretty ok, not great IMO. The stage had flames on it, which I thought was cheesy.
    The song is "Superstar." Recorded by The Carpenters (among others, including Rueben Studdard).

Still not a Chris Rene fan, but it was better than last week.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    The song is "Superstar." Recorded by The Carpenters (among others, including Rueben Studdard).

Still not a Chris Rene fan, but it was better than last week.
    Thank you! I'm lousy at identifying music. Glad I'm not hear alone. Go Leroy!

What is this song he's singing? I've heard the original before, but I can't remember. The song is beautiful, but I think Leroy's performance was average.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Thank you! I'm lousy at identifying music. Glad I'm not hear alone. Go Leroy!
    Leroy's song isn't one of my favorites. "Already There," I believe. He sang well, though.

Did Simon call Leroy "Lori?"

Simon laying into Nicole, and glad she's firing back. This is so much better than American Idol.

FYI - the voting number, if you're still in the dark ages, like me, is 1-855-THE-XF- and the 2-digit number of the contestant.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    FYI - the voting number, if you're still in the dark ages, like me, is 1-855-THE-XF- and the 2-digit number of the contestant.
    I'm so in the dark that my cell phone only makes calls!

Rachel up singing "Walking on Sunshine," only with changed lyrics. (Nicole criticizes that, and I agree with her.) She's dressed and singing like somebody in her 20's. I'm sorry, but I will never feel comfortable with her. It just feels too weird hearing a young girl try to impersonate older singers.
    Babycakee likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast