+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: 11/2 Live Show ***Spoilers***

Re: 11/2 Live Show ***Spoilers***

Other questions I have are why they have put most of the performers up high and far away from the audience. When attending a concert, everybody wants to get up close to the artist. Keeping them so far away and disconnected, seems odd IMO.

I also think many of the contestants sang better in their raw auditions and at the coach's houses, than they are now on that stage. It makes you wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Drew is an "old soul". Like the old folks used to say, "She's been here before."
    She is that.. I really enjoy her.

"Walking on Sunshine" is a great song for a 13yo but the lyrics don't need to be changed because there's no inappropriate meaning for a 13yo to interpret. Simon made it worse. I agree with Nicole but Simon doesn't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Other questions I have are why they have put most of the performers up high and far away from the audience. When attending a concert, everybody wants to get up close to the artist. Keeping them so far away and disconnected, seems odd IMO.

I also think many of the contestants sang better in their raw auditions and at the coach's houses, than they are now on that stage. It makes you wonder.
    I agree with everything above, especially the last part. I have been underwhelmed since the first live show last week. It seems like it's mostly big production numbers and not real singing--image over substance. And some of the song choices haven't helped. Simon is spot-on that Nicole is making lousy choices for her singers.

Speaking of which, thank you, Jammy, for your post about Rachel's song. I haven't heard that song in years, so I just remember the chorus. I didn't think it had anything offensive. Simon, Simon, what is up with you?
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

When I first saw all of the dancers, I was disappointed. That was just confusion to deflect from something, but I couldn't figure out what. Maybe it was about seeing the contestants as serious performers since the prize is so huge.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I really wish ALL these shows that have to kick someone off were only 30 minutes, an hour is too long and boring

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Last night's show reminded me of why I don't like to watch results shows. I won't make that mistake again!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I will record the last 30 minutes.I often do that with DWTS

I love the DVR. One of the greatest inventions of the 20th century. Allows you to turn an hour program into 5 minutes.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    OMG - LOVES me some Chris Rene! I love this guy's vibe.
    Me too I love him!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast