+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Top 17 Performance Night *** SPOILERS ***

Re: Top 17 Performance Night *** SPOILERS ***

My SIL was complaining last weekend that she hates the new nice Simon so she is not that interested in this show. I told her don't worry the nasty Simon will be back and so he was last night!!!! lol
    I felt that all of Nicloe's choices in the clothes and the songs were bad last night for her group. Hope she can fix that or her people will be going home soon. I really like Leroy's tone in his voice but the song choice was just terrible for him. Josh's song was the best and it sounded like he changed the song. She said something to him and I wasn't sure if I heard it right.
    Simone and Tia, I am so glad that they went home. Had Simon chosen either of them the public would have sent them home very early. It will be interesting how Simon does here cause in the UK his people rarely make it to the end.....

I want to hear Leroy sing some Luther Vandross. I would just melt right into the tv screen,lol.

I love LA Reid the man is a starmaker. I am betting some of those he liked from the auditions will be getting calls from his people. He can sniff talent out like nobody else. Astro is a brat but the kid has rapping skills and he definitely will make it in the rap world.

Love the Stereo Hoggz and Paula did a great job with them.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

I love this show! I am so glad to see Simon and Paula back. Sure it has some faults but it is so much better than AI, for my viewing pleasure.

So Simon and his woman may be over. Thanks for that, BuckeyeAddict. It would not surprise me to see him back with Terri. A hunch. The reasons for a split may not seem as important now that they have spent time apart. Being Simons woman cannot be easy. He has an all consuming career for starters. Want kids? Forget it. You would be raising them alone. He is too busy on two continents to even have a dog. They both could come to see that their lives with better together than apart. I digress.

I don't like Stacy and never have. I just don't see how she stands out in the crowd of other good singers out there. She has no distinct style that would set her apart. Good voice but it takes more than that.

They 14 year old rapper will not make it but someone will sign him anyway and that is likely LA. He will become annoying to those who don't think he is already!

I really liked Paula's girl group, Intensity. There was something about that song that hooked my heart. Can they keep that up is the question. Same thing with Drew; fabulous song but are ethereal ballads the extent of her ability?
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I don't like Stacy and never have. I just don't see how she stands out in the crowd of other good singers out there. She has no distinct style that would set her apart. Good voice but it takes more than that.
    I also am not a Stacey fan, and I don't get the love for her. You reminded me of something I wanted to bring up. Simon was calling her a church singer and criticizing Nicole for dressing her as she did. Stacey argued that she wants to be a pop singer. Aren't most pop singers' careers dead by the time they're in their 30s or 40s? I'm trying to think of any pop singers that are that old who still have a thriving career popping out new hits. Not that 42 is old! It is in the entertainment industry though. Maybe I'm forgetting somebody. Anyway, after she said that, it looked like Simon wanted to say something else to argue back, but I think he was cut off in the interest of time.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

I'm a little late to this thread... but the Stereo Hoggz and Drew were the performances of the night for me. Wow...like one of the judges said, the Stereo Hoggz are the type of musical act who are missing from today's music. Reminds me of the late '90's when we had a plethora of all male R&B groups to choose from Blackstreet, Jagged Edge, Old Skool, etc...ah, good times, good times...

As for Drew, the girl just blows me away. There is something so haunting, so pure about her voice. This girl has a huge career ahead of her, with or without X-Factor. Reminds me so much of a young Sarah Macglauhlin.

The rest were ok. I still gots me some mad love for Chris Rene...it wasn't his greatest performance, but I'm willing to bet we'll see better from him in the coming weeks.

Too bad for poor Dexter...hope he finds success in some way.

Loving this show so far. Love the glossy production values here. This show is what The Voice tried to be, but way, way better.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

My favorites:
    Girls - Drew & Melanie - thank goodness Simon came to his senses and sent no talent Tiah and Simone home. I did not think that Rachel was very good last night. Compared to the other girl her age (Drew)... she is totally lacking. However, I hope Disney comes calling for her.
    Groups Stereo Hogzz - I still can't believe InTenSity made it over 4Shore
    Over 30's Josh & Leroy I agree with everyone who said Nicole made very poor song choices for these guys... soooo boring... better luck next week Nicole. Glad she sent Dexter home... he is a performer but not a singer.
    Boys - ? not so much... Marcus is the best singer/performer of the group. Astro should have gone home. I'm sorry, but he did not seem to have any energy and just walked around on the stage while singing "Jump"?!! Kris Kross would have been jumping around on that stage. The crooner got thrown under the bus... I don't think he would have won, but I would have liked to see him for another week or two. He was a good looking guy with a wonderful smile... I hope someone picks him up to do tv or something.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

I'm a little late to this thread... but the Stereo Hoggz and Drew were the performances of the night for me. Wow...like one of the judges said, the Stereo Hoggz are the type of musical act who are missing from today's music. Reminds me of the late '90's when we had a plethora of all male R&B groups to choose from Blackstreet, Jagged Edge, Old Skool, etc...ah, good times, good times...

As for Drew, the girl just blows me away. There is something so haunting, so pure about her voice. This girl has a huge career ahead of her, with or without X-Factor. Reminds me so much of a young Sarah Macglauhlin.

The rest were ok. I still gots me some mad love for Chris Rene...it wasn't his greatest performance, but I'm willing to bet we'll see better from him in the coming weeks.

Too bad for poor Dexter...hope he finds success in some way. And am I the only one blown away with the fact that Leroy is 60 years old??????!!! He looks not a day over 40. Wow...

Loving this show so far. Love the glossy production values. The show is what The Voice wants to be, but does a FAR better job of it.
    jmb and Fanny Mare like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    And am I the only one blown away with the fact that Leroy is 60 years old??????!!! He looks not a day over 40. Wow...
    I totally agree - he could pass for someone in their 30's. Love him.
    And I also agree with your comment about Drew's voice - "hauting & pure" are perfect descriptions.

FORT Fogey

in regard to Simon's relationship failures, it was not mentioned that the man is ego centric to the point not seen in many men...that itself would derail most relationships. Loved the "girl friend graveyeard" point...sort of like Henry VIII. Those who were not killed were exiled to a dark drafty home far away from him

If I remember correctly, Simon's fiancee was sitting with him using a laptop, while he was saying that he had made a terrible mistake.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast