+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Top 17 Performance Night *** SPOILERS ***

Re: Top 17 Performance Night *** SPOILERS ***

Omg I am so glad Simon cut both Tiah and Simone. They represent what is wrong with Pop music today. Pretty and talentless with lots of background production to try and hide it. Unfortunately you never learn this until you shell out money to see them in person. I am talking about you Black eye Peas. Ham.
    tapper01 likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Ugh! I'm still shocked as to why Simon put though Simone and Tiah for the live show. They sucked big time. All style no substance. Does he really know talent? Why try to manufacture the talent with everything ("except the kitchen sink" as LA put it) by augmenting the lack of talent with dancers, props and lightworks when you had natural talented singers in your hand? I'm not a fan of Rachel either because there were better singers and if she were 30, she would not have made it (unlike Drew ---her tone is the best among the girls---whose voice is way beyond her years). It's such a waste that Simon put these mediocre girls instead of Tora, Jazzlyn or Caitlin. And speaking of waste of space, Nicole was on drugs when she put through Dexter. I think she just did it so she can easily cut someone on the live show. She could've picked anyone for the live show but Dexter. Sure enought he's the first to go.

Not liking the groups except for Stereo Hoggz which is the only legitimate group left. I think LA put Phillip under the bus by giving him that stupid Monkees song. Dexter I don't even care for him and am glad he's gone. He's out of his league. Are we voting next week? It should start soon.

Ugh! I'm still shocked as to why Simon put though Simone and Tiah for the live show. They sucked big time. All style no substance. Does he really know talent? Why try to manufacture the talent with everything ("except the kitchen sink" as LA put it) by augmenting the lack of talent with dancers, props and lightworks when you had natural talented singers in your hand? I'm not a fan of Rachel either because there were better singers and if she were 30, she would not have made it (unlike Drew ---her tone is the best among the girls---whose voice is way beyond her years). It's such a waste that Simon put these mediocre girls instead of Tora, Jazzlyn or Caitlin. And speaking of waste of space, Nicole was on drugs when she put through Dexter. I think she just did it so she can easily cut someone on the live show. She could've picked anyone for the live show but Dexter. Sure enought he's the first to go.

Not liking the groups except for Stereo Hoggz which is the only legitimate group left. I think LA put Phillip under the bus by giving him that stupid Monkees song. Dexter I don't even care for him and am glad he's gone. He's out of his league. Are we voting next week? It should start soon.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 10-26-2011 at 03:23 AM. Reason: double post

FORT Fogey

First of all it is amazing how few people are posting on this show...is that a sign of how NOT popular it is?
    Second, I have never been a Simon fan. The fact that he did not put through the last girl who sang, going to Fl to tell her that he made a mistake etc was just

so Simon.

Finally, to select her to go on was just amazing. Did he notice real talent when she was alone on the stage singing and we all could see the contrast to his previous favorites who were costumed and dancered within an inch of their young lives? He looked like the fool he always was on AI.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Am I the only one who thinks Drew is going to win this? And deservedly so?

Next to Josh, she has the most mature voice, best control and understanding of what she is singing. Throw in the fact that she's just 14 and really cute and she definitely is the X factor.

I think one of the judges called it when they said Rachel should try acting... if she has any talent, she could really do well... especially in the Disney type format. She's so loveable, I could see her getting a huge fan base.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

After watching last night all I can say is "There IS a God!"...Simon actually made the right choice and cut the two losers (who should NEVER have gone through in the first place). I think it was obvious that somewhere in his sadistic soul he realiazed that as well, or would not have given the two of them all the elaborate production in order to cover the fact they can't sing/hold a note...

Okay off my soap box!

AS for the remainder of the "talent pool"...

Groups: I think Paula did a great job with the groups they were better than I expected, although I don't care for any of them and don't see America choosing a "group" as the winner.

Boys: I can't see all the love for Astro, I think he is a talented CHILD however, until he learns some stage manners and a bit of resepct he will not be on my list of favs..Marcus has stage presence and Chris has sincerity and a soul...(can we merge these two?)

Girls: Drew has a "haunting voice" reminds me of Alison Krauss, it will be interesting to see her progress. Rachel is a cutie, not the best voice but certainly has crowd appeal, I agree with LA Reid get this girl an agent and a TV gig! Melanie this girl could take it..hope your song choices are on the mark for the remainder of the competition.

Over 30's: Somehow I think this was the most talented bunch, Nicole had a tough choice. Dexter was the correct choice to send home-but was certainly a guilty pleasure of mine. I love love Josh and hope he is able to pull in voters from the younger demogrphics as well, he could be the dark horse.....hopefully he will not have to go back to making burritos! Leroy has a great voice, props to him for attempting this journey at his stage in life....go after your dreams no matter what! Stacey Francis...something missing with her, maybe it was the outfit hopefully Nicole gets it together with songs choice, lighting, and wardrobe....

For the most part I like the premise of the show, and certainly like how quickly it has moved along. I will reserve judgement for it being a "keeper" after seeing how the show progresses and what they do with the contestants....

I think Drew is incredible (she is only 14) But the over thirties had it all.Josh,Leroy, is he really 60? and of course Stacey.Love this show!!way way better than AI

I was a little disppointed in the show overall. I had expected it to be so BIG, however, it seemed unpolished and immature IMO. They have a long way to go to smooth it out. (Not that it matters, but still.)

I'm not a Drew fan, but the others Simon picked I really like. He screwed Rachel with that song IMO. Can someone tell why they like Drew so much. I just don't think she has a great voice.

I'm not sure why the judges think it's so great to sing outside your comfort zone, but then L.A.'s rapper kid is going to continue to do just rap. What sense does that make? He's a kid, but I don't care for him.

I missed some parts to the show. I was recording, but it messed up. I did see most of it. I hope to catch the full show ON Demand.

FORT Fogey

I thought that the "tell us right now who you are going to cut" was not very smooth. Maybe if they did so after a commercial---and there were so many-- or at the end of the show, but "right now" made it look like the high school beauty pagent.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I thought that the "tell us right now who you are going to cut" was not very smooth. Maybe if they did so after a commercial---and there were so many-- or at the end of the show, but "right now" made it look like the high school beauty pagent.
    Yeah, and the part where Paula looked into the camera and said X Factor, ....... it was odd. Also, when the judges walked out on stage, it seemed like they were out of sorts and not sure where to go. And the sound was not top notch either. My other channels seemed fine, but their mics were not top notch IMO.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast