+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Top 17 Performance Night *** SPOILERS ***

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Top 17 Performance Night *** SPOILERS ***

Looks like everyone from the same group will be performing before going to the next group.

First up, the boys.

Astro opens the show. I don't like his style of music, but he actually was pretty decent. Judges loved him. I believe the name of the song was "Jump," but I don't know it. Sounded original.

Chris Rene is next. Oh, my ears. Sorry Chris fans, but he was awful. Judges were polite. Didn't recognize the song.

Phillip Lomax is next. He sang "I'm a Believer." I really like Phillip, but it seemed Vegasy. I blame the song and the arrangement. Judges were nice. Believe it or not, Simon called it cabaret - and I have to agree. I think LA threw him under the bus (although I'd keep him over Chris. Don't believe LA will).

That leaves Marcus. He sang "Do You Really Want to Hurt Me" (yes, the Culture Club song). I dunno. Kinda weak in my opinion. Lots of bad notes. I guess his neck is on the line too. Judges seemed to like him a lot - even Simon.
    Last edited by BuckeyeAddict; 10-25-2011 at 09:59 PM.

Re: Top 17 Performance Night

See my next post about the next two guys. My review of the last two guys keeps disappearing.

Wow - I figured they'd wait until the end of the show. LA is cutting his one guy already. And as I figured, the bus ran over and backed over him again - Phillip Lomax goes home.
    Last edited by BuckeyeAddict; 10-25-2011 at 10:01 PM.

Re: Top 17 Performance Night *** SPOILERS ***

I don't know what's going on, but I keep losing what I wrote about the last two guys. This is what I said:

Phillip Lomax is next. He sang "I'm a Believer." I really like Phillip, but it seemed Vegasy. I blame the song and the arrangement. Judges were nice. Believe it or not, Simon called it cabaret - and I have to agree. I think LA threw him under the bus (although I'd keep him over Chris. Don't believe LA will).

That leaves Marcus. He sang "Do You Really Want to Hurt Me" (yes, the Culture Club song). I dunno. Kinda weak in my opinion. Lots of bad notes. I guess his neck is on the line too. Judges seemed to like him a lot - even Simon.

I'm sorry if anything is repeated. My posts keep disappearing and reappearing.

LA had to eliminate one guy already. And the bus did it's damage. Phillip Lomax is history.

FORT Fanatic

I didn't really love any of the guys. Astro was good (that was a Kris Kross song from the 90's). I don't understand the hype about Chris Rene and the other two were just "meh".

Loving the groups! Lakoda Rayne was fantastic. The Brewer Boys were an easy cut.

+ Reply to Thread