+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Top 16 Reveal Discussion Thread *** SPOILERS ***

Re: Top 16 Reveal Discussion Thread *** SPOILERS ***

The best part of the 4 hour snoozefest was the Puss in Boots, and Sims Pets commercial. I can't believe they replaced glee with this.

FORT Fogey

What drama.

I'm exhausted.

I'm ok with the judges selections except. I think they were the right ones. Evan Tia and the obnoxious kid-rapper.

This singing stuff is so heart-wrenching. When artists have it in them, to the core, whether its singing, painting, whatever, and they can't do it to the degree they'd like, it has to be the most frustrating thing ever.

I really feel for all those who don't make it and have to move on in life.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    What drama.

I'm exhausted.

I'm ok with the judges selections except. I think they were the right ones. Evan Tia and the obnoxious kid-rapper.

This singing stuff is so heart-wrenching. When artists have it in them, to the core, whether its singing, painting, whatever, and they can't do it to the degree they'd like, it has to be the most frustrating thing ever.

I really feel for all those who don't make it and have to move on in life.
    I do agree with you, but most people don't reach what they're trying to get. My job really stinks these days, but I'm grateful to have a job. People who love what they do are very lucky. People who love what they do and get paid lots of money are extremely lucky - and extremely rare.

I'm sure it really hurts to have a dream come so close within their grasps, but it still evades them. I feel for their pain. But most people have to just suck it up and be a garbage collector or a waiter, or go back to school to try for something that is more dependable than a music or art career that is so fragile, and has so much competition for so few spots.

Thrilled Josh and Stacy got in ... I would have taken Caitlyn over Tiah ... Paula is on drugs ... I can't believe she got rid of some of the groups she did ... happy Chris made it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    I do agree with you, but most people don't reach what they're trying to get. My job really stinks these days, but I'm grateful to have a job. People who love what they do are very lucky. People who love what they do and get paid lots of money are extremely lucky - and extremely rare.

I'm sure it really hurts to have a dream come so close within their grasps, but it still evades them. I feel for their pain. But most people have to just suck it up and be a garbage collector or a waiter, or go back to school to try for something that is more dependable than a music or art career that is so fragile, and has so much competition for so few spots.
    Excellent point.

A bit off topic, although the over 30 group made me feel a bit philosophical tonight....I too am experiencing a few of life's challenges. While it's a notion that's been with me for forever, it's only hit home in today's sucky economic environment...to complain about not getting "more" in life when one already has "enough" is a luxury.

Times are changing. Survival comes first.

FORT Fogey

I'm surprised 4Shore didn't make it through.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringMaiden27 View Post
    I'm surprised 4Shore didn't make it through.
    I'm surprised too, especially after she wanted them to continue singing at their Judges House audition.

FORT Fogey

What's with the Disney picks in the group category??? Stereo Hogzz is the only act I can take seriously. That's the only group that Paula seemed genuinely happy to name.
    I would've swapped Simone for Caitlyn, although I think she may get her shot with the exposure on the show.

My early favs are Leroy, Rachel, and Drew.

I really don't understand what Simon sees in Tiah. From when I first heard her, I didn't think she was good. At the mentor's homes, I heard someone singing off key while I was in the kitchen, I came to check my TV, and found it was Tiah. Simon should follow his critique of her. He was the only one who liked her and fought for her, and she is off key a lot and all over the place, yet he put her through. Caitlyn was more talent than Tiah.

Would have liked to see Tim Ciphers go through, and Brent (?). I like Dexter and knows he needs this, but I don't think his voice is that special. He's too much like James Brown.

Okay, the only choice I like of Simon was for Drew.
    Last edited by BerryCrazy; 10-19-2011 at 02:52 AM.
    JunkieGirl likes this.

Ok...worst judge is Paula. What was she thinking? The only legit group that she put through were the Stereo Hogzz. It would have been a travesty if they didn't make it. I thought only one of the manufactured groups will make it but am very surprised that both made it. I thought Lakoda Rayne is the more deserving but inTENsity is a joke, it's a Six Flags kind of group. Who would actually take those kids seriously as a group? Maybe Nickelodeon? And speaking of which, The Brewer Boys who sucked big time in their performance made it. You can't possibly say that the 3 groups that Paula put through are really better than The Anser, 4 Shore and Illusion/Confusion. She was on drugs.

Simon was the 2nd worst judge. I wish Mariah Carey made it to his house because she would have put him in his place. I mean Simone over Tora???? How could you put through someone who forgot her words? And she wasn't even a better singer than the others who got cut. Then there is Rachel. Even Simon said that Drew was the best teenager singer so I thought Rachel was done after going against Melanie. Then shockingly Melanie was the one cut...my jaw just dropped! I was like "Are you f'ing kidding me??!!". Among Simon's picks, I only agree with Drew. I mean, how can you put through Simone, Rachel, and Tiah and cut Melanie when she is the best singer of all the girls? Fortunately the other judges told him that he's mad. Because he may have had the eventual winner in his hands and he let her slip away. All this banking on potential like Drew, Tiah, Rachel and Simone seems to be Simon's theme and had a feeling that he already knew who he wanted to go thru from the beginning, especially Tiah who he fought for (Tiah was lucky he got Simon as her mentor).

Nicole did alright. I expected that Josh, Leroy, and Stacey would make it. Dexter is the one enigma. I especially don't care for his imitation sound (of whatever artist he's impersonating). I would have selected someone else, maybe Tiger but Nicole felt sorriest for Dexter so I think he got her sympathy vote.

As for LA, I really thought he was going to cut that Astro boy. He's a rapper, and rappers aren't suppose to be cute. Maybe if it was still the 80s. LA even said that he's too young. I would have selected Brennin or Tim. Also he already have Chris as the rapper in the group. I expected the other three (Marcus, Chris, and Phillip) of his selections would make it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast