+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: The X-Factor 10/6 Discussion Thread

The X-Factor 10/6 Discussion Thread

I'm back! And I'm glad I am. I love this boot camp. At first I didn't like that they were divided into bigger groups than AI, but now I'm glad. You can get through them faster. And I am so...so...SO glad that we were not treated to endless scenes of catfighting and arguing. It's been so nice to see how well the groups are working together.

This first group tonight did really well. I love how they such good choreography and blended voices. Some of the groups last night just weren't that great.

And tonight we find out which group the judges mentor! Can't wait!

I forgot to add that I'm so please that the judges have picked a mix of contemporary and older songs for the groups to sing. I'm enjoying hearing those great hits again.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Re: The X-Factor 10/6 Discussion Thread

Wow ... just saw some guy ... think his name is Josh (he's the burrito maker) that did a blues version of a Kelley Clarkson song - he was amazing - absolutely amazing!

I know. I am loving all the talent that they're showing. The contestants are really stepping up and hitting it out of the ballpark with their singing. I also loved that group earlier where everybody came onto the stage 1 at a time. That was awesome.

I have now changed my opinion. This show leaves AI in the dust.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Stacy Francis just made me cry ... she is so talented ....

They only picked 6 acts for the Duo/Group category. I heard LA say there are only 4 or 5 groups that are good while the others are mediocre. I also heard him say that one group is too shrilly, so he must be referring to the one girl group that made it...probably the 6th group. It explains why through the entire audition and boot camp, we saw very little group acts. So they brought back almost all of the solo acts from the boys and girls category (except 2) to form them into two groups and add it to the Group category to complete it into 8 group acts.

I think the only act that they selected and had a problem with is Simone. She forgot her words. I was WTF!!! If anything, they should have called her last for more drama.

So which groups are they mentoring?
    I have to wait to watch this ON DEMAND so Im still in the dark!

FORT Fogey

Paula - groups
    Nicole - over 30s
    Simon - girls
    LA - boys

Am I the only one who thinks it creates an odd image they should have avoided to claim that Simon has all these young girls living in his house?

FORT Fogey

I don't like the woman who sang Summertime. I think she over worked that song and destroyed the beauty of it flowing effortlessly; too many trills. Simon did not join the standing ovation and I think he thought the same thing. He has reservations about her and will call her on that. I don't think she will make the final cut; Simon is looking for commercial and she does not fit that catagory.

Paula - groups
    Nicole - over 30s
    Simon - girls
    LA - boys

Am I the only one who thinks it creates an odd image they should have avoided to claim that Simon has all these young girls living in his house
    These girls are not going to live in his house; they are going to work with him there. I assume voice coaches, a stylist and choreographer will work with them too and use other venues to do this. I also dont think they will spend the bulk of time in their homes. They will have sessions with their mentors there but more room is needed to develop their on stage style. It is a bit of a gimmick for interest, I say.

Before they announced the choices I tried to guess who would get each catagory. I got 2 right. I knew that Simon and LA would get who they did. They have set it up for them to be huge competition with each other so this was the the obvious breakdown. I thougt Nicole would get the groups since she was a member of one for years. Paula has a huge job; two of the groups have never worked together! It takes a long time to learn to work together and one presumes that groups are drawn to each other because of a similar goal, a large degree of connection and the same style.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 10-07-2011 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Before they announced the choices I tried to guess who would get each catagory. I got 2 right. I knew that Simon and LA would get who they did. They have set it up for them to be huge competition with each other so this was the the obvious breakdown. I thougt Nicole would get the groups since she was a member of one for years. Paula has a huge job; two of the groups have never worked together! It takes a long time to learn to work together and one presumes that groups are drawn to each other because of a similar goal, a large degree of connection and the same style.
    I agree....this sets up a Simon & L.A. Reid showdown...they have been "billed" as the best talent scouts..so it was obvious that they would get the "single" categories. It will be tough for a "group" to win based on voting styles of the general public. The over 30 group will struggle with " votes" as well; and would have done much better with Paula..I still can't imagine what Nicole has to offer ANY of the groups but we shall see....

I enjoy the format of this show it is a huge change from AI and I will be interested in seeing who makes the final cuts...will they be chosen for "talent" or for "tv appeal"...that will make the difference in these two shows....AI seems to choose contestants based on "audience appeal" and I am hoping that X Factor will choose based on TALENT

I absolutely hate that they made two new groups from other contestants that had been let go. I'm terrible with names, but I'm ticked that they let the boy/girl group from Missouri go and brought these other people back so that they can be manipulated into what the producers want. I was liking this show up to that point.
    I'm a sucker for guy singers, so I got my eye on a few of them.
    The before/after image of Josh from Columbus will be interesting to see.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast