+ Reply to Thread

Thread: X Factor 9-22-11 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

X Factor 9-22-11 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

A bit late now but let's have somewhere to discuss tonight.

Re: X Factor 9-22-11 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Tonight's show was disappointing There were so many bad auditions. My kids really liked Melanie (?), the girl who sang the Beyonce song. I thought she had a great voice but I wasn't as blown away as everybody else. And then there was a blonde girl in Dallas who slowed down In the Name of Love (Stop!) and I thought she was good, but I still wasn't wowed, you know? I want one of these contestants to command my attention so much that I become a lifelong fan. I'm so impatient!

My favorite audition of the night was from Memphis/James Brown tribute guy. The dude's got pipes! Once he dropped the "Hardest Working Man in Show Business" routine I was moved. I hope he does well and deserves it.

Xander Alexander looked so familiar to me so I googled him thinking that he'd auditioned for another show. I couldn't find it. Maybe I'm just remembering him from previews.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Xander Alexander has got to be the dumbest person on the planet. Does he really think he can talk to Simon and get away with it? Simon is going to eat him alive.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I'm glad Xander Alexander didn't go through. I actually thought he could sing, but too much of a diva. You can't win over the judges if you keep insulting them and come with attitude. The audience hated him too.

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat View Post
    Tonight's show was disappointing There were so many bad auditions. My kids really liked Melanie (?), the girl who sang the Beyonce song. I thought she had a great voice but I wasn't as blown away as everybody else. And then there was a blonde girl in Dallas who slowed down In the Name of Love (Stop!) and I thought she was good, but I still wasn't wowed, you know? I want one of these contestants to command my attention so much that I become a lifelong fan. I'm so impatient!

My favorite audition of the night was from Memphis/James Brown tribute guy. The dude's got pipes! Once he dropped the "Hardest Working Man in Show Business" routine I was moved. I hope he does well and deserves it.
    I felt the same way about those three! While I enjoyed M, I was not moved emotionally by her singing. I enjoyed her and could see why she was voted in, though.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Five posts for the 2nd show. Is that a reflection on how well/badly this show is doing?

I actually enjoyed Melanie greatly! I did feel wow'd, and I thought she was 10 times better than the woman the first night who sang Natural Woman.

I also liked the VERY handsome guy who is 30, single, with dark, somewhat long hair and a beard (Nicole was practically drooling over him). Nice voice, and super nice to look at. I hope he sticks around awhile.

+ Reply to Thread