+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: X-Factor premier show discussion 9-21-11 **spoilers**

Re: X-Factor premier show discussion 9-21-11 **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I like the fact that the age limit is higher, but so far the only difference I see between AI and X Factor are the fact that they get music and audition in front of an audience. Otherwise, I'm seeing the same idiotic auditons and by the time they do get to somebody good, I've lost interest and turned the channel. I will tune in after the garbage of auditions is over and see what I think. I enjoy singing, I enjoy the competition aspect, I still like AI, I liked the Voice, so I'll probably like this one too.
    I'm thinking about doing the same thing, too. I'll probably come back when they get to boot camp and the competition starts to really kick in. Once they get to the live shows it should be really good, since the judges will mentor a group of contestants like The Voice.

And yes, it's good to have Simon back. Just wait until the live shows when he gets to critique the other judge's contestants. If he stays true to form like he did in Britain, then the fireworks will fly.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I've said it over and over again - this show is a good example of why I LOVE my DVR. As soon as I realized the old couple was awful, I FF'd through the rest of their audition - which they let go on way too long. I FF'd through a lot of the backstories. I just want to hear the talent! Granted, sometimes I miss something, but I try to keep my recording a few days in case I learn that I did.

I figured Geo couldn't have been exposing himself, or yes, he would have been arrested for indecent exposure. At the very least, the bouncers would have dragged him offstage. Anyone doing something like that in a public place would be arrested if police were around (and they probably were). And Paula's reaction was a little overboard, IMO - even if he had been nude. I'm sure it was revolting either way, but nauseating? Did anyone notice Simon's facial expression when she told him it made her ill? He had an incredulous look on his face as he was turning it away from her and the cameras. Who knows, though. Maybe she was a little ill to begin with, or she's had a very bad experience with a guy wearing a banana-hammock.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

In the U.K. they sent Susan Boyle onstage as someone who would be a joke, and look what happened.

Although I'm not watching (I hit the wall with talent shows this season) for you all - I hope there is a Susan Boyle moment.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The Susan Boyle moment is why I don't skip anyone!
    Allie and Fanny Mare like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

So far the show is nothing special, really. I hope it gets better at the boot camp part.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    I've said it over and over again - this show is a good example of why I LOVE my DVR. As soon as I realized the old couple was awful, I FF'd through the rest of their audition - which they let go on way too long. I FF'd through a lot of the backstories. I just want to hear the talent! Granted, sometimes I miss something, but I try to keep my recording a few days in case I learn that I did.
    I don't have DVR, I just have a backup channel and flip over to it the second I realize the audition is a bad one. Of course, without the DVR I do miss some good ones, but if there ever is a Susan Boyle moment, I'll see it on the internet, I'm sure.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

I was able to skip half of American Idol this past season thanks to my DVR. One of the greatest inventions of the 20th century.
    Shoepie likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Wow some really good voices in the last half hour I saw..thumbs up for the X factor.,.I wont watch AI, this is way way better
    Shoepie and JohnnyK like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    I was able to skip half of American Idol this past season thanks to my DVR. One of the greatest inventions of the 20th century.
    Maybe so, but it costs too much to have one. I can't afford it.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

FORT Fogey

I figured Geo couldn't have been exposing himself, or yes, he would have been arrested for indecent exposure. At the very least, the bouncers would have dragged him offstage. Anyone doing something like that in a public place would be arrested if police were around (and they probably were). And Paula's reaction was a little overboard, IMO - even if he had been nude. I'm sure it was revolting either way, but nauseating? Did anyone notice Simon's facial expression when she told him it made her ill? He had an incredulous look on his face as he was turning it away from her and the cameras. Who knows, though. Maybe she was a little ill to begin with, or she's had a very bad experience with a guy wearing a banana-hammock.
    I agree with all you have said and do the same. I always find it strange how many women find male anatomy repulsive. Really? I think it is an act. Are we to believe they do not have sex or find their husband/boyfriend attractive naked? It makes no sense. I assum this guy had on a very loose cod piece to show off his size.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast