+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: X-Factor premier show discussion 9-21-11 **spoilers**

Re: X-Factor premier show discussion 9-21-11 **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat View Post
    Yeah, that pants down audition was uncomfortable. I felt so bad for Paula. She's a sensitive person and I could see how that would upset her, and all I saw was a big red X! They should've stopped that one as soon as his pants went down. Dumb, dumb.
    I think it's interesting what Prh said, that maybe the guy wasn't totally nude. Regardless whether he was or not, I agree with that poster who said the cops should have been called and this clown should have been arrested for indecent exposure. And I applauded Paula when she walked out. I wouldn't have stayed there to watch that crud, either.

I liked the first judge better, too, the Scottish one? I can't remember her name now. I know I read a few months ago that they thought she didn't mesh well or that the accent was too strong for American TV. I disagree! But we'll see how Nicole does. We didn't hear much from her except that it was her birthday.
    You're probably thinking of the article I posted here at FORT. My husband is British, so he found it. Cheryl Cole is from Newcastle, a major city in the north of England. They are notorious for having accents so thick that even other British people can't understand them, according to hubby. After hearing Cheryl, I can see what he was talking about. Anyway, a few months back, TPTB at this show suddenly dumped Cheryl in favor of Kitty Nicole. Rumors were rampant in Britain that it was due to her accent, that she American viewers wouldn't understand her. This didn't sit well with the Brits, where Cole is a judge on the original British version of The Factor, and where she is hugely popular. People booed Simon (the executive producer) at a taping of Britain's Got Talent because of the controversy.

I have mixed feelings about it all. Yeah, her accent was harder to understand. But, as other people have said, she seemed nicer than Nicole. Back when I posted my original article, somebody posted that she had attended a live audition taping, and that Nicole came across as a a real ditz. I wonder if this lady attended last night's show? Because I wasn't terribly impressed with Nicole, either. I prefer Cheryl.

The first girl (little mixed race cutie who sang Mercy), the 42-year-old black woman with the rough past (Natural Woman was her song), the Usher-like guy who sang Stevie Wonder and overwhelmed himself on stage, and the last guy (white boy hip-hopper who tore it up with his own song about a little homey!!!!) are definitely the stand outs from this episode. I honestly thing the Little Homey rap could be a single right now. It was that good.
    I agree!

Additional thoughts:

I, too, worry about Homey (sorry, I can't remember his name). I volunteer with my church's recovery ministry, and it's true that many addicts relapse at least once. With him being clean for a relatively short time, and now under immense pressure to be successful, that might be too much to handle. I really hope not, though.

I lived in England when The X-Faxtor debuted there several years ago. Back then, it was basically an AI clone--the auditions were held in a closed room, there were only three judges, the minimum age was 18, and Sharon Obborne was the female judge, so there was no ditzyness in sight. It was actually quite an enjoyable show. In fact, I loved it much better than AI. I was so excited when I heard it was coming to America.

Now, though, I don't know. Like somebody said, it's now a clone of America's Got Talent--and I hate that show. So now I don't know. I'll hang in there for a while to see if it gets any better. I hope so, because otherwise I'll be very disappointed.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I saw bits and pieces of it. I was hoping they would forego the clearly not talented people, but should have known better. You can almost tell by looking at the person if they're going to be bad, but I might listen to a second or two, then flip it over to the hockey game. I like singing shows, so I'll probably watch, but I'm not real excited about it. And for the record, 4 judges is one judge too many.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

And for the record, 4 judges is one judge too many.
    Yeah, sometimes I get confused on other shows, like AI, how it works. Does 2-2 mean yes or no? To me it seemed like they were going back and forth.

I liked X Factor much more than the last few seasons of AI. I get so tired of the crooner's being the front runners on AI. I really appreciated that a 42 year old woman with a soulful voice can compete. I really appreciated that a hip hop singer can compete. It's more broad based than AI's crooners vs. rockers.

I hope I continue to like it ... I haven't enjoyed AI since Cookie won, even though I did enjoy a few singers on subsequent seasons.
    JohnnyK likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

That Melanie girl who did Beyonce's song made me cry!!!!

The Nick guy was a lot of fun and had a fantastic haircut!!!!
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    And did you notice how he went from saying he had a son to talking about "sonS" at the end of this bit? It already seemed to be getting shady, for me. And that's a sad thing.
    I'm not sure where it was you heard that.

The only mention of his son at the end was him saying "My son's gonna see that, ya know what I mean?"

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    I liked X Factor much more than the last few seasons of AI. I get so tired of the crooner's being the front runners on AI. I really appreciated that a 42 year old woman with a soulful voice can compete. I really appreciated that a hip hop singer can compete. It's more broad based than AI's crooners vs. rockers.

I hope I continue to like it ... I haven't enjoyed AI since Cookie won, even though I did enjoy a few singers on subsequent seasons.
    I do as well.I love there is no age limits. AI they all seem to perfect( including the judges) oh well there are enough AI fans and X factor fans. Its a bit like America's got talent, but I dont care for jugglers etc.So this suits me well.
    Simon, I missed you!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The blonde, pretty rugby coach who sang "Stop In The Name Of Love" was fabulous!!! Her voice was beautiful, and the styling of the song was incredible. Just WOW!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Some trivia for everyone.

X Factor Tidbits: Things Aren't Always As They Seem, Conan Parody | X Factor | mjsbigblog

And Geo Godly, the guy who showed his nasty bits to the audience...didn't really go commando. Otherwise they would have stopped his performance and thrown out of the building (or maybe even arrested). Check the link above for his youtube video.

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post

I like the fact that the age limit is higher, but so far the only difference I see between AI and X Factor are the fact that they get music and audition in front of an audience. Otherwise, I'm seeing the same idiotic auditons and by the time they do get to somebody good, I've lost interest and turned the channel. I will tune in after the garbage of auditions is over and see what I think. I enjoy singing, I enjoy the competition aspect, I still like AI, I liked the Voice, so I'll probably like this one too.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast