+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: X-Factor premier show discussion 9-21-11 **spoilers**

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Re: X-Factor premier show discussion 9-21-11 **spoilers**

Wonder what the ratings are for this first show? Twas quite underwhelming to me. Although I did like seeing Simon again. I've watched his late night talk show interviews and he always makes me laugh. Or rather his actual laughter at something the interviewer says to him.

I like the Mercy girl and the Stevie Wonder guy, the rest--meh. That dude who pulled his pants down should have been arrested for indecent exposure. Who really wants to see that?

It is disappointing to see that this show is following in American Idol's footsteps of selecting untalented people to perform just so the judges and the audience/viewers can laugh at them. I hate that, especially since there are certainly people who are very talented that get passed over so the trainwrecks can be exploited.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Producers auditions shouldn't exist. Let them start with the TV judges and leave it at that.

So I ended up watching the whole episode, and it was alright. Won't say great or even too good, but it was ok.

Rachel was kinda good but don't think she'll be one of my favs if she lasts. Siameze is probably gonna get the cut early Bootcamp. I don't like Simone, Stacy was pretty good and has what I believe is the first sob story of the season. Marcus was good. The Anser may have been one of my favs tonight, based on memory. Chris also has a story and I think he was alright but probably won't care about him later on.

FORT Fogey

Oh...the new simon. DH said that he told Piers Morgan that he would be softer with the people on this show and good lord was he ever. I am thinking that it sounds like Simon himself has a lot invested in this show---money???reputation???--- so he abandoned the nasty bit that got so boring on AI. Maybe he read some audience reports that mentioned lots of people were tired of that .

Oh I saw some nasty Simon.He wont change that much, as time goes by I am sure we will see Simon and his cutting remarks.I hope so, thats why I tune in.Love this show , dont like AI at all

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

The last guy, Chris Rene, did it for me. I was touched by his story and was wowed by his talent. I absolutely love his vibe. I appreciate that the judges gave him a "yes" on the condition that he stays clean. It's tricky since he's only 70 days in, being clean. I have this terrible thought that I'm anxiously waiting for him to advance throughout the show, only to find out within a few more episodes that he's fallen off the wagon. I SO hope I'm wrong about this. He's very talented and I want to see him do well.

The 40-something-ish mother tugged at my heartstrings too. We'll see how this goes. Overall, I found that only a few--literally only a few of the auditions were good.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I watched a lot of TV last night and this was easily the worst of the lot. Mind you, I hate America's Got Talent and this show is just a tired retread of AGT. I shut it off after the elderly Bonnie-and-Elvis debacle. That was the most cringe-worthy reality TV moment of the year - it's one thing to embarrass the merely delusional, but that old gal didn't even know what day it was. Positively dreadful, Simon Cowell.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    Does anyone else think LA Reid kinda looks like RuPaul without all the makeup? As a judge, I really like him tho.
    I thought the same thing! I was trying to figure out why RuPaul was judging a singing contest.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    The last guy, Chris Rene, did it for me. I was touched by his story and was wowed by his talent. I absolutely love his vibe. I appreciate that the judges gave him a "yes" on the condition that he stays clean. It's tricky since he's only 70 days in, being clean. I have this terrible thought that I'm anxiously waiting for him to advance throughout the show, only to find out within a few more episodes that he's fallen off the wagon. I SO hope I'm wrong about this. He's very talented and I want to see him do well.

The 40-something-ish mother tugged at my heartstrings too. We'll see how this goes. Overall, I found that only a few--literally only a few of the auditions were good.
    I agree with you about Chris Rene. "70 days of sobriety" doesn't hold out a lot of hope, in my eyes, since people tend to relapse multiple times before they "get it". Kind of made me think of El DeBarge. And did you notice how he went from saying he had a son to talking about "sonS" at the end of this bit? It already seemed to be getting shady, for me. And that's a sad thing.

And where was security when Mr. Stupid decided to drop his pants last night? I'm guessing that he wasn't totally nude. And Paula was faking the vomiting, I'm sure. Sounds and actions are 2 different things. That couldn't have been much more staged.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Wonder what the ratings are for this first show? Twas quite underwhelming to me.

I like the Mercy girl and the Stevie Wonder guy, the rest--meh.
    I kept thinking Idol Retread. What is so different from this show than Idol? I mean besides the age limits? I agree about the Mercy Girl, and will add the Natural Woman Gal. Natural Woman Gal gave me and dh goosebumps.

Although I only watched the first hour and a bit of the second hour. Dh made me turn it off as I kept complaining "so what is so different here?" Guess he got tired of me saying that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast