+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: The X Factor - about the show

The X Factor - about the show

Since its debut in 2004, the x factor has remained the U.K.'s #1 program for the last seven years, peaking with an audience of 21 million for its 2010 finale. The format swiftly broke similar records around the world, where local versions have consistently rated #1. The series has received numerous honors worldwide, and more than 100 million records have been sold by artists launched through the series, including over 90 #1 singles and albums and 150 Top Ten records.

In a departure from other singing competition series, the first time contestants audition for the x factor judges, Simon Cowell, Antonio "L.A." Reid, Paula Abdul and Nicole Scherzinger, they will do so in front of an audience of thousands - raising the stakes and increasing the pressure to impress not only the judges, but also a potential legion of fans. This will be the ultimate test to prove they have the vocal ability, charisma and stage presence that it takes to win an unprecedented $5 million recording contract with Syco/Sony Music.

About THE X FACTOR USA | THE X FACTOR USA
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Re: The X Factor - about the show

$5 million dollar recording contract? What does that mean in relation to only winning a recording contract? Is it the commitment of the label to advertise the winner?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Yay, can't wait!
    Fanny Mare likes this.

FORT Fogey

I am looking forward to this show, big time. AI lost me last season and I don't plan to watch again. It is all about the judges for me. I am excited to see Simon and Paula again!
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Cant wait for this show! I have missed Simon!! : )

I want to watch it, but it still seems like American Idol on steroids.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    I want to watch it, but it still seems like American Idol on steroids.
    I agree! Other than allowing all ages and groups --- it's basically American Idol all over again. And we have SO MANY talent contests now, I don't think this show will be much different --- if it's even different at all.

I also don't think it will have the kind of ratings in the U.S. that Simon Cowell and Company expect. Perhaps it might have had the 'wow' factor if it had been brought to the US several years ago -- but timing is everything --- and this show is not a novelty now, and it's just a repeat of too many other talent contest shows that are constantly being aired. Yes, Simon Cowell himself is a big draw --- but I don't think that's enough (even paired with Paula) to make this show such a HUGE deal.

And there's something else to consider, and that is the VOTING. I think that this season's America's Got Talent and the last several American Idol seasons are showing us that the quality of the winner is hugely affected by the manner in which voting is allowed. For example, when fans who are texting their votes in, have the ability to cast hundreds (maybe even thousands) of votes at a time, as opposed to telephone call-in voting which is much slower and more restricted --- that greatly changes the voting legitimacy -- because not everyone has the ability to text their votes. Also, when you have these strange people who form huge, huge voting groups like "Vote For the Worst" because they think it's funny (or something) to purposefully screw up the voting results -- that also takes away from the credibility of the results. And no matter how talented a performer is, if he or she doesn't have a huge 'fan base' -- he or she just isn't going to win.
    sparklete likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Cant wait for this show! I have missed Simon!! : )
    Me too, but the best season of AI was the one without Paula. Not looking forward to seeing her again but hey, whatever brings in the fans...

I have seen some preview flicks that look good and some that look terrible. Despite the bad, I am VERY anxious to see this show. The main reason is the AWARD OF 5 MILLION DOLLARS. That is just over the top! I would love to watch anyone competing for that kind of win. Can you imagine? AGT is just ONE million. I'm so excited. Of course, that kind of money can certainly ruin someone's life if they are not prepared for it, but still. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by NEPASue View Post
    Me too, but the best season of AI was the one without Paula. Not looking forward to seeing her again but hey, whatever brings in the fans...
    I dont mind Paula, I think the X factor will be great in that time slot . I think AI has become pretty boring, I cant even name who won.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast