+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Fanny Mare
  • 1 Post By annemik
  • 1 Post By Katydyd

Thread: World of Dance 1 (Premieres May 30th) - News & Speculation

World of Dance 1 (Premieres May 30th) - News & Speculation

World of Dance – About the Show

NBC's new dance competition series "World of Dance" is led by a judging team of extraordinary dance superstars - Jennifer Lopez (who also serves as an executive producer), Derek Hough, NE-YO and host/mentor Jenna Dewan Tatum.

The 10-episode series from Universal Television Alternative Studio and Nuyorican Productions will give dancers the platform to showcase their talents and the opportunity to receive a life-altering grand prize of $1 million.

In partnership with preeminent global dance brand World of Dance, the series brings the world's elite dancers together to compete in epic battles of artistry, precision and athleticism. Solo dancers will compete against duos and crews in an unlimited range of dance, including hip-hop, popping, locking, tap, ballet, break dancing, ballroom, stomping and more.

Handpicked from qualifying events around the nation and thousands of online submissions, competitors are divided into three divisions: Junior (any size act, 17 years old and under), Upper (groups of 1-4, 18 and older) and Team (groups of 5+, 18 and older). Our panel of experts scores the acts using a precise point system developed by World of Dance, using the following criteria: Performance, Technique, Choreography, Creativity and Presentation. The competition consists of five rounds: Qualifiers, Duels, The Cut, Divisional Finals and the Grand Final. In the first four rounds, dancers only compete within their division, but in the Grand Final the winner from each division will compete against each other for the grand prize.

World of Dance is among the most trusted and fastest growing dance and music entertainment brands, combining a successful digital platform of more than eight million subscribers with the world's largest international urban dance competition. What began in 2008 as a single event is now a continent-spanning, tour de force of human spirit and sick dance moves. The World of Dance Tour attracts YouTube stars, industry icons and tens of thousands of fans to events in more than 25 countries, spanning the U.S., Europe, South America and Asia. The inspiring performance videos captured from these events drive 30 million monthly views online, making World of Dance the largest dance entertainment channel on YouTube. No language barriers. No animosity. Just pure, awe-inspiring movement.

Jennifer Lopez, Elaine Goldsmith-Thomas and Benny Medina will executive produce for Nuyorican Productions. Also executive producing are Kris Curry, Matilda Zoltowski, David Gonzalez, Matthew Everitt and Al Hassas. The series is produced by Universal Television Alternative Studio in association with Nuyorican Productions and World of Dance.

World of Dance - NBC.com

Re: Word of Dance 1 (Premieres May 30th) - News & Speculation

Season 1 Acts:

Junior

801 Squad
    Alaman
    Boys of Temecula
    D'Angelo and Amanda
    Diana Pombo
    Eva Igo
    ImmaBEAST
    JJ & Joey
    Kaeli and Brandon
    KynTay
    Mini ReQuest
    The Lab
    The Maya Boys
    The Mihacevich Sisters
    The POSSE

Upper

Al Taw'am
    DNA
    Femme Fatale
    Fik-Shun
    Keone & Mari
    Kings United
    Kyle Van Newkirk
    Les Twins
    Luka & Jenalyn
    Nick Daniels
    Pasión
    Quick Style
    Slavek and Juliet
    The Nitty Grittyz
    Trent Jeray
    Vibration

Team

Chapkis Dance Family
    FUZE
    Ian Eastwood and the Young Lions
    Jabbawockeez
    Kinjaz
    Miami All Stars
    NXT LVL
    P.L.A.Y.
    ProdiJIG
    Rhythmatic
    Rouge
    Royal Flux
    Stroll Groove
    Super Cr3w
    Swing Latino
    The Kingdom
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 05-16-2017 at 11:56 PM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

I'm really looking forward to this show. I hope its as good as SYTYCD.
    Photobabe and annemik like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I love dancing and hope this really good. I'm sick of Dancing with the Star(struck) and was disappointed when SYTYCD featured the kids last season (but evidently they are back with the adults). I spent years training as a dancer and did a brief stint professionally, but now my only dancing is an occasional Zumba lesson with Betto in my spare room.
    AmyKay likes this.

So Fik-Shun and Jabbawockeez? Any others from past shows I didn't recognize? Either way, I'm really looking forward to this And so glad SYTYCD is back with grown-ups....and Mary!! Looks like I'll definitely be able to get my dance on this summer
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

+ Reply to Thread