+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By MFWalkoff

Thread: Work of Art cancelled by Bravo -- being shopped around?

Work of Art cancelled by Bravo -- being shopped around?

'Work of Art' Season 3 does not work for Bravo: Network cancels series

By Jen Harper
    August 21, 2012 2:18 PM ET

Bravo fans, reality television devotees, art lovers and people who just like watching people do weird stuff and call it art are in mourning Tuesday (Aug. 21) with the news that Bravo has canceled "Work of Art," according to Gallerist NY.

The show hosted by China Chow pitted aspiring artists against each other in a "Project Runway"-style competition, which, among other prizes, won the final artist a a show at the Brooklyn Museum. The series' regular judges included Simon de Pury, Bill Powers, Jeanne Greenberg-Rohatyn and Jerry Saltz, though Saltz called it quits on his judging duties at the end of Season 2, according to Vulture.

Dan Cutforth of Magical Elves, which produces the show, tells Gallerist NY that he already has interest from other networks.

"I feel like the show had something to say about the art world," Cutforth says. "We really tried to make it clear that art is purely subjective and everyone has their own opinions about it. I think that's still true and that that's a valuable message."
    Bummer. I hope it finds another home. But only with Simon!
    Arielflies and justCoz like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Re: Work of Art cancelled by Bravo -- being shopped around?

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Bummer. I hope it finds another home. But only with Simon!
    Like Tim Gunn, Simon makes the show for me. He's the best part of the show. I don't always, or possibly even often, agree with the judges, but I love the glimpse into the creative side of the artists. I also hope a new network picks it up.

+ Reply to Thread