+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Work of Art II - 12/21 Finale Show Discussion

Work of Art II - 12/21 Finale Show Discussion

It's the finale already! Who will be the next great contact added to Sarah Jessica Parker's iPhone?

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: Work of Art II - 12/21 Finale Show Discussion

Where is everyone? I was quite surprised that Young didn't win. I thought he was the favorite of the judges. I can understand why he didn't though. While his tribute to his father was touching, I didn't find it very creative or artistic. I am not an artist, but I could have arranged his pieces in less than 48 hours. So sad.

I was glad my favorite contestent from Durham, NC took it. I found her pieces amusing, but didn't like them as much as the judges seemed to. I actually liked Sarah's best, but it fell short for some reason. Maybe it was because the write the secret on the paper thing had already been done by Lola. Remember? I'm curious as to why she repeated that idea for the finale. Hmmmmm....... For some reason, other people's secrets on notes, don't intrigue me the way it does those people. LOL

FORT Fogey

Personally, I'd be fine if most people kept their secrets to themselves. If they're harboring something that makes them guilty or eats away at them, yes, that should come out--but maybe a perfect stranger isn't the most effective person to tell.

I was kind of distracted by phone calls during the show, but I agree that Young's show, while very personal and important to him, was perhaps not his best work. I did like Kymia's the best of the three, but to be perfectly honest, I didn't get as good a look at Sarah's as I might have liked to, because of the phone calls.

In the end I wasn't surprised Kymia won. I didn't really love any of the shows. Young's while moving was too personal. I'm sure it could have been personal and still been ok. I agreed with one of his fellow competitors about the shirts too. I found them more compelling in the stack at his home then the way he arranged them at his show; however, I think they could have not been included and it would have helped his show. I did like Sarah's show.

I liked Sarah's show the best. Loved the paper cranes spilling out of the birdcage. The judges reason for putting Sarah in 3rd place was that her show lacked a cohesive thread. I thought she explained her show very well though.

I didn't really agree with the choice of Kymia as the winner. Although she had a great personality she really flubbed so many of the challenges yet always seemed to squeak by. The worst piece in the whole season was Kymia's "Key to the Universe." I'm not really sure where the feathered headress fit into the cohesiveness of Kymia's show?

Poor Sarah and Young. They were so close! At least Young went home with a nice pile of cash from the challenges. :-)

FORT Fogey

While I thought it was a very close competition, I knew that Kymia was going to win because several of her pieces were very strong.

+ Reply to Thread