+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Work of Art II - 12/14 Show Discussion

Re: Work of Art II - 12/14 Show Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    What were the aluminum tags representing on the work about the firefighter? I didn't get that.
    The guy wears an aluminum (or fireproof) tag with his name on it on his uniform. She made one for every year he'd been a firefighter.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    What were the aluminum tags representing on the work about the firefighter? I didn't get that.
    The charcoal represents the result of a fire. To me it looked like a Peacock tail.
    Jinx justcoz!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I actually liked Lola the most out of all the artists on the show, both artistically and personally. Yeah, she was crass and sometimes rude, but to me, there was something more interesting and "alive" about her than the others that completely overrided those negative qualities. I feel like watching Kymia or "baby" Sara all the time will put me to sleep. Young is also a more tidy, serious type. I also can't believe that Kymia won the challenge. I think that is the why they rolled their eyes, like thinking "What?" in their minds. I know I did.

FORT Fogey

I liked that Kymia won. It was a portrait contest, and hers was a great portrait. Sometimes I think art has gone off into too many tangents. I like to look at beautiful paintings and sculptures, but when it gets too much I lose interest. The others were too much again. Sometimes it loses the art for me, and just seems like a search to get noticed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12