+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MFWalkoff

Thread: 10/12 Work of Art 2: Premiere Episode

10/12 Work of Art 2: Premiere Episode

I have to wait a few hours before I can view it, but I'll start the thread for those who want to post.

I'm really looking forward to the new season!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: 10/12 Work of Art 2: Premiere Episode

The worst time to premiere a show for me is during the MLB playoffs. I'm catching up with my Wed. primetime shows today.

The Sucklord? Really? Could he be a more obvious bit of stunt-casting? Meanwhile a better artist (who isn't as big a poser) didn't make the cut...I'm tired of people who know going into a show that they are supposed to be the "supervillain" and even say so. Now I can't take his work seriously no matter what he does.

Ugo is funny as well as hot and French, lol. I'll miss seeing him in the studio. Overall it looks like an interesting crew.
    Shoepie likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

No...UGO! Why GO? He should have beat out Beyache on his use of color alone. I really liked it when he left and ripped off the top layer. If the guest judge (a photographer) hadn't felt Sucklord spoke to her with his childish use of clay, I think he would be gone. He came in with a ringer mantle by previous sales to Simon de Pury.

I also liked Laura?? the one who moved around so much as a child and couldn't get a feeling for what she wanted to do until the last minute. Interesting that she was a finalist. The really gory shard in intestines sculpture scared me. The artist scares me.

There is the requisite rural contestant or untaught contestant - though I don't think he is untaught as he is an art teacher. He did his image in the clown face. And then there is the performance artist - he found the perfect kitsch piece to remake in the dogs playing a game on black velvet. Already the deaf guy from Malaysia annoys me with the constant reminder of how he is an outcast. Aren't they all in their own way?

Ah, Ugo, I will miss your sexy french accent and sexy tall body, but you did diss China before the decision was made - not good - showing your arrogant, rude side...but, I do see you in an atelier type studio painting away. Good luck.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I wish Ugo had stuck around a bit more too. He made me laugh with his comments about him as a Frenchman talking about women.

'The sucklord' is a ridiculous title - especially since he gave it to himself. Simon was funny asking him if he should address him as your lordship

The glass shard girl is frightening and I don't get what she does at all. Frankly I'm not that much into art, so I don't know why I like this show but I do. I forgot who won the first season until he showed up at the premiere.

Abdi won last year and he was at the gallery showing this episode.

I can't remember the episode winner's name but I did think her piece showed the most imagination by making the eagle all white like a tombstone and placing the paper bones in front of it and a fluffy cloud blue sky behind it. She really nailed a true installation for the first time out.

I read the description of the challenge for next week, but I have no idea what it is all about. Apparently it is drawn from an art movement that moves, or something.

+ Reply to Thread