+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Work of Art 7/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Work of Art 7/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Please keep all discussion in here until 2AM ET / 11PM PT.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Re: Work of Art 7/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Well, for all his whining about Miles acting the tortured artist, I would say Ryan IS a tortured artist.

Love him, but I think has time had come....the format of the show wasn't for him.

Wow, not a lot of posts yet.
    The childhood challenge really brought up a lot of interesting personal stories, so for that I thought it was a successful week, although the art wasn't that great. I think Ryan had to go based on what he showed this week, but I am sad to see him leave, because he was so entertaining.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;3997270;
    Wow, not a lot of posts yet.
    Other boards have much more active participation reg. this show....it just doesn't seem to have taken here at FORT for some reason.

I am surprised at how RHNY Luanne's niece, Nicole, is doing. I expected her to be not so great, just because her aunt was in a Bravo show. She has, however, been doing well in the challenges.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I don't have a problem with Miles, do I think he is putting on an act? Heck yeah! But he can back that act up with talent so I'm cool with him. Who I am not cool with are/were Eric, Mark, and Ryan. Their dislike of Miles feels very much like jealousy to me and it's rather ugly to watch.

However, I did notice something very funny in the editing. When they are critiquing Abdi's work and one says "...went really random, it was just a square of objects that he didn't have a strong connection to...." and the other says "deliberately benign" and "commercially cliched" and they showed Miles work in the background! I got a heck of a giggle over that one because they could have been talking about him since he didn't even bother doing the challenge and yet was never called for it.

While I don't have a problem with Miles, I do not think he should win. He has consistently behaved like he thinks he is above the competition and above the judges and can do whatever he wants. It should be Nicole as the winner, she has consistently gotten it right and produced great works. As long as it's not Jackie or Mark, I will be fine with the winner since I think neither one is all that talented and should have been sent home already.

I actually like this show and it's a shame that there aren't more people posting about it here because it concerns me that it may indicate that the show isn't being well received over all and that it won't come back. The good thing is that Bravo is usually pretty good about giving shows a chance to catch on before pulling them, they will probably give it another season or two, tweak a couple of things and see if they can improve ratings before tanking it.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Miles got a pass on this one. It's too bad they didn't have explain his work because he even admitted to Simone (sp? Is it even the right name? ) that it had nothing to do with the competition. He should have been critiqued just so he could explain what the heck it meant. The judges deciding it made them think of Space Invaders simply was not enough.

Wow. The girl who won has had some kind of creepy childhood.
    It was really odd how she seemed so thankful for it, rather than seeing it as abnormal or strange. She seemed to being saying that it was a tribute to the drug-addicts and sexually free people around her rather than any kind of negative commentary at all. Her actual piece had a strange sense of gaity about it though it was somewhat disturbing. It was especially the "sexual freedom" comments she made and how she showed that in her piece that I found disturbing. She was a child.

+ Reply to Thread