+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Work of Art 7/7 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: Work of Art 7/7 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I enjoyed Jaclyn's work this time around and could understand why it won... I did find that I didn't like that she blotted out the men's faces. To me, it was more of a comment that she has taken away THEIR humanity, and sees them as all the same. Completely unfair of her to do so, and comments on her as a person. It may have been a cop-out as well. She can certainly suggest they were "leering", but she has no proof to back it up.

I kind of get the impression that Jaclyn's drug of choice is attention from men, and yet she hates her drug. She has yet to realize it's HER problem, not theirs.

Nicole is no bride-of-frankenstein to me. She seems very self-assured in her looks, unlike Jaclyn, who trys so dang hard.

FORT Fogey

I hadn't thought about Jaclyn obliterating the men's faces without really knowing if they were leering at her or, as I suggested, just startled by the sight of a woman with a camera in a dealership window snapping their photos. For all she knows, some of them may have been gay and had no interest in her at all. Also, is it even legal to use people's photographs in your artwork without their permission, especially when the artwork casts them as guilty of engaging in unacceptable behavior without any proof? Or maybe that doesn't matter if she obliterated their faces to the point where they could not be identified.

Jaclyn's attractive, but I don't see her as significantly more attractive than Nicole or Jamie Lynn (and I would think those two must have gotten kind of tired of hearing her go on about the burden of being the center of unwanted male attention because of the way she looks, since it could end up sounding like she was pointing out how terribly pretty she was all the time).

FORT Newbie

Nicole is beauitful, reminds me a of Jennifer Gardner a little bit.
    The other girl (jacklyn- sp?), looks generic, fake bake, bleached highlights, and titts - that's not pretty/or/ beauty its just sex on a stick, you can see that look anywhere in any town, and its very forgetful.

There's a marathon of four episodes on Bravo tomorrow (actually later today, Wednesday) from 10 AM - 2 PM EST. This show looks really thought provoking and I've been following along with Critical's recaps the past couple of weeks looking for a marathon to DVR. So, I thought I'd pass that along in case anyone has been wanting to catch it from the beginning. ETA: Just looking at the show threads now, though, it seems like one episode is not included, likely the first one. I'll post again if I find a marathon that seems to include all aired episodes.
    Last edited by chrisg; 07-14-2010 at 04:27 AM.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12