+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Work of Art - 6/30 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: Work of Art - 6/30 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

You do, shay! When I was younger, and always drawing, painting, etc, I was also very unstable mentally. The less 'issues' I've had that way, the less I've cared to create anything, until I do it only rarely and when I do create anything, it's usually something I would have been embarrassed of when I was in serious, driven, art-crazy mode. When I was in my 20's I would have rather been beaten in public than display the gourds I posted here in the "your Art" thread, and God forbid I even admitted ownership of the little seashell doodads I sometimes put together when I have time!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I can understand why Nao was sent home. I still don't know what she was trying to portray! I thought the only shocking thing about it was that she appeared to be playing w/"poop" but she later said that it wasn't excrement.
    So what was she doing and what was that thing she created and why was she dressed as she was? all a mystery to me.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3959589;
    You do, shay! When I was younger, and always drawing, painting, etc, I was also very unstable mentally. The less 'issues' I've had that way, the less I've cared to create anything, until I do it only rarely and when I do create anything, it's usually something I would have been embarrassed of when I was in serious, driven, art-crazy mode. When I was in my 20's I would have rather been beaten in public than display the gourds I posted here in the "your Art" thread, and God forbid I even admitted ownership of the little seashell doodads I sometimes put together when I have time!
    Well, I guess if it's therapeutic, more power to you, and good on you!

What you may get out of doing artsy stuff, I think I get out of walking. I zone out!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter
    Well, I changed my tune a little after tonight's show. Serrano said his goal IS to shock. If that is his goal, he certainly accomplishes it. After thinking more and more about what "art" can include, I've opened my mind a little, and will accept that the act of creating emotion in people is a form of art. Regardless, I like that he didn't come off as full of himself. He seemed gritty and down to earth. I liked him!
    I had the exact response. I think a huge difference for me was to see some it done so well.
    They showed the "piss Christ" and my immediate reaction was that it was appealing and almost beautiful to look at. The fact that it was his urine made me feel slightly ill, but I still appreciated it even before I heard the purpose of creating the piece.
    I'm still not a fan, and I certainly wouldn't purchase a shock piece, but I have a little more respect for it, if my respect means anything, anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by AzJoe
    I have to disagree about Jaclyn, though. It might be fine to get advice but I thought her original idea was an utter failure. The suggestion to let people write comments on it made it a completely different piece. As for her saying "I had already thought of that.", well, I'm not buying it.
    Me either. Her sulky attitude after getting second was irritating as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies
    I just have to laugh at Miles. First with his comments about getting a full night's sleep because Judith (?) was gone. His anxiety level lowered and he didn't have to take as many bathroom breaks because she always wanted to talk to him. The second was his "shock" piece. It was actually kind of sweetly personal recalling his first "time." After his addition to it, he sighed and said he felt much better, more relaxed...gotta love this kid.
    The best part for me, was when Abdi came over during the show and said he liked that addition, Miles so quietly responded that it was his own... they seemed to be sharing a secret... like they didn't want to shock anyone.
    I appreciated Miles accepting his work and being able to see it as perhaps not as good as the others, but going ahead with it anyways and improving on it in his own way.

queenb-- you're not alone, I write like a fiend when I'm in a crisis, but when life is good, I dry write up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter
    And, while nudes don't generally do anything for me
    I know you meant nudes in art, but darnit, that read so funny!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;3972812;
    Originally Posted by Jexter
    And, while nudes don't generally do anything for me
    I know you meant nudes in art, but darnit, that read so funny!!

You should read a post I made regarding the show on another forum. Yikes!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12