+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jaclyn - Contestant

Jaclyn - Contestant

Jaclyn - Contestant

Jaclyn graduated Cum Laude from the Maryland Institute College of Art in 2007 where she received numerous scholarships and awards for her artistic achievements. After graduation, she moved to New York City and worked as a studio assistant to mix-media artist Jeff Koons for two years. Jaclyn currently has her own art studio in a professional artist community in Long Island City, NY, where she concentrates on oil on canvas, though she is also experienced working with video, photography and drawing. Jaclyn’s pieces deal with themes of sexuality and spirituality, and through her narrative paintings of women, she embraces and questions this supposed dichotomy. The work serves to chronicle her personal experiences while making relevant social commentary. Ambitious and focused, Jaclyn paints for the pure love of it, but seeks to further engage herself in the cultural dialogue of the contemporary art community.

Re: Jaclyn - Contestant

Jaclyn's website: Jaclyn Santos
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Proud Pussy indeed.
    Seems rather full of herself.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I thought her Audi piece was ridiculous in concept but interesting in execution.

I think if men were staring at her they were probably wondering, 'Why is she pointing a camera at me?' rather than being unable to draw their eyes away from her ravishing beauty and ultimate hotness **rolleyes**
    It's just as likely they were staring at the cars as looking at her, but since she blobbed out their faces, because she's so intimated by the male gaze, I guess we won't know if they were actually looking at hr or the thousands of dollars of cars behind her.
    "That's Numberwang!"

She's little Miss "Oh, I don't want to be glorified about my body but OH! Let's make almost every piece either showing me naked or about people looking at my body!"

Ugh.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

+ Reply to Thread