+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Miles - Contestant

FORT Fogey

Re: Miles - Contestant

If Miles is regarding the entire show as an extended piece of performance art, I really hope his OCD is not part of the "performance," as it makes me uncomfortable to think of anyone pretending to have a legitimate disorder. I should think people who really do have OCD might feel mocked by such a performance, even if that were not the intent of the artist.

FORT Fogey

Miles is described as an "installation artist" on the show. Here's a definition from Wikipedia (too lazy to look for a more reliable site):

Installation art describes an artistic genre of site-specific, three-dimensional works designed to transform the perception of a space.

I'm really curious to see next week's shows based on the previews. Eric seems to get in to it with a couple of different people - including Miles. I'd like to see how Miles responds. In the previews, it seems as if he is taking the show seriously - which might discount the notion he is on the show as one great big piece of performance art.

Or, maybe not. Maybe he's just upset that his masterpiece is being messed with.

Either way, it will be interesting!

###

I like Miles, and Ryan is right. He and Nicole seem to be a match made in Ambercrombie and Fitch heaven. It'd be cute if they hook up.

###

Funny how Jaclyn's focus is on female sexual themes while Nicole has been the one people have said is so pretty. I like her, but I'm starting to think Jaclyn is a little young, immature, and naive. She has a lot of growing up to do.

FORT Newbie

I absolutely love this kid. He's hands down my favorite contestant. Sure he's a bit off, but I think that's part of what makes him a great artist -- being awkward, OCD, what have you.

FORT Fan

I dislike him more and more each week...

he is so manipulative

I am very tired of his "tortured artist" stance and I guess I don't know much about art but nothing he does is the least bit appealing to me

what a load of crap this guy is selling-that's the point- he's a great salesman and when one is a lousy artist one has to be a great bullcrap artist, which he is. The whole wall with a fist through it -omg, how freshman year is that? Very. He's also a jerk- geefully stealing tar and telling another contestant it was too difficult to work with so it wouldn't be a good idea to use it. If you have to cheat and lie to get ahead you do not deserve to be the winner-and it makes me question his moral ethics in the real world. probably has stolen othe rpeoples concepts and claimed them as his own.
    Sometimes it is better to be kind than it is to be right

Some of the greatest artists throughout history have been creeps, perverts and/or insane.

I'm not saying Miles is a great artist, I'm just sayin'.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

I do like some of the art he produces but I can't say I like him, not that that matters to the appreciation of his work, of course.

He strikes me as the sort of person who makes art inaccessible to the public because he doesn't want his art to be interpretted, you have to see what he wants you to see and nothing more and if you don't you're just an uneducated pleb. We're a few episodes behind in Canada so perhaps my perception of him will change when I see more.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12