+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Peregrine - Contestant

Peregrine - Contestant

Peregrine - Contestant

Peregrine made a name for herself when a set of her prints were purchased by the Whitney Museum of American Art, establishing her as the youngest living artist to be included in the permanent collection. Peregrine’s sculptures, imagery, and texts explore themes of sexual vulnerability, trends in disease, and social hierarchies. Peregrine resides in Kansas City, MO where she attended Kansas City Art Institute. She currently curates projects and annual events under the umbrella "Fahrenheit" and owns a lingerie boutique "Birdies". To date, her work is part of the permanent collections of the Fogg Art Museum at Harvard University, the National Museum of Women in the Arts, and The Chicago Art Institute, among others. She has had solo exhibits in Santa Fe, Kansas City, and Chicago, and has shown in group exhibitions in New York and across the globe. Peregrine is a recipient of the Art Omi International Artists’ Residency, the Charlotte Street Fund, and an Inspiration Grant. She recently produced a magazine titled Widow, in collaboration with Landfall Press, that explores the relationship between fashion and art.

Re: Peregrine - Contestant

Peregrine's website: http://www.peregrinehonig.com/
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I know it's stupid, but her name irritates me; that said, I think most of her "Fashism" series is interesting, and she obviously understands how to handle watercolor. I don't care for the little animals, and wish she had left them off her site as they seem to be 'doodles", not to be confused with fully thought out paintings. The (Ghent?) New York ones are ok also. My major complaint about her work is the use of fashion house logos (and the OLsens) because they distract from the quality of the work. I do realize she's using them for a reason, but I think a way could be found to make the same comment using an original logo or design in the same way, and there would be less clash. All in all, like her work all right--if she would only change here name!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

All I can think of when I see her name is the Hobbit ... Peregrine Took, Pippin.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

I'm not an afficianado, and I realize the girl's resume is pretty stellar, but I have no desire to see boobs or other private parts in paintings.

It's not offensive...just boring.

+ Reply to Thread