+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: CBS Dumps "The Will"

eny
    FORT Fogey
    And the home town gets the news , Oh I'd love to be a fly on the wall .

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...ewsupdate.html
    Reality show canceled

Jan. 13, 2005 12:00 AM

Apparently, The Will isn't the way for ratings. The reality show, which featured Scottsdale residents Bill and Penny Long, was canceled after one airing.

The series logged a minuscule 4.2 million viewers on its premiere on Saturday. It finished in 79th place in viewers, according to Nielsen Media Research, making it CBS' lowest-ranked show of the week.

A rerun of CBS' Sunday crime drama Cold Case will plug the hole this Saturday, the network said.

- Associated Press

Dammit! I loved this show!

However, I have an idea for a reality series. They should come up with something that encompasses the clueless wonders the inhabit Scottsdale AZ.

Anybody care to brainstorm on this?

Not you too CBS!!!

First Boss, now this. I had already swore to myself never to again watch a Fox reality show. But CBS?!? Home of Survivor, TAR and Big Brother? - that's disappointing.

Please make sure to watch the premiere of Survivor Palau so we can see episode 2, or maybe someone can tape the whole season for me and then, if it plays all the way through the WHOLE season, someone can send it to me. Just because I'm a loser that watches this crap doesn't mean I'm a big enough loser to keep investing time into these shows that will never conclude. The networks are cutting off their noses to spite their faces.

Booooo!

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    They dumped it already?

Good. It stank. I was one of the tiny minority of Americans who wasted an hour of time on it.

Yeah, THAT woman hopefully will never live it down. And you know... I don't much CARE who won that crappy ranch anyway.
    This news could not make me more happy! It was a wretched show, whether it was a hoax or not.

Finally, Karma bites someone in the ass while they're STILL living! And I'm talking to YOU, Penny...you %#$&**!@^&!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Quote Originally Posted by Seadog
    Not you too CBS!!!

First Boss, now this. I had already swore to myself never to again watch a Fox reality show. But CBS?!? Home of Survivor, TAR and Big Brother? - that's disappointing.

Please make sure to watch the premiere of Survivor Palau so we can see episode 2, or maybe someone can tape the whole season for me and then, if it plays all the way through the WHOLE season, someone can send it to me. Just because I'm a loser that watches this crap doesn't mean I'm a big enough loser to keep investing time into these shows that will never conclude. The networks are cutting off their noses to spite their faces.

Booooo!
    CBS, with their most recent casting choices, seems to be striving to sink to Fox's reality level.

Okay, I'm a very pro-active type of person and like taking matters into my own hand. Even though I hated this show, I find it disrespectful of CBS for not only canceling it, but not honoring their commitment to their viewers, regarding the outcome.

So, I went to the link for Electric Ladyland, and sent them an email, regarding the ending of the show. When I sent it, I received a "Confirmation email" back, and in it, it stated, "Thanks for watching our show, if you have any questions, give us a call."

So, I did.

Here's the scoop: I talked to the assistant manager, (I won't mention her name, out of respect) and asked her various questions:

1) What is Penny's reaction to the cancellation? Answer: "We don't know. She's been out of town for a week and is probably going to be gone for another week or two."

2) Does anyone at the store know the outcome? Answer: "No. We just found out about the cancellation this morning, in the papers."

3) I just sent Penny an email; do you know if she reads them and answers them? Answer: "Oh yeah, she's had fun reading them and answers a lot of them."

I got her name and gave her mine, assuring her that "I'm NOT a reporter, just a 'fan' of the show," and I asked her if I could call her in a week and find out about the show and/or Penny's reaction.

She was pretty chipper in her response and said, "Sure! Give me a call in a week."

That's it, Gang. If and when I find out more, if it's not reported in a newspaper, I'll post it here.

Lambi~

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

PSi
    This is the funniest thing i've read in a while. You put all that money into production and no one cares to watch it.... Great stuff.

Premium Member
    So, I went to the link for Electric Ladyland, and sent them an email, regarding the ending of the show. When I sent it, I received a "Confirmation email" back, and in it, it stated, "Thanks for watching our show, if you have any questions, give us a call."
    So, the Electric Ladyland store send a confirmation reply saying thanks for watching 'our' show? Well, I suppose that's true enough, since every scene featured someone wearing that brand name somewhere in the picture, so they might as well have been a sponsor...

I like how when you did give them a call as the email suggested, they could only answer one question, and they were probably prompted ahead of time how to answer that one. Maybe the people at Floozy have more brain activity?

Quote Originally Posted by mozzz
    So, the Electric Ladyland store send a confirmation reply saying thanks for watching 'our' show? Well, I suppose that's true enough, since every scene featured someone wearing that brand name somewhere in the picture, so they might as well have been a sponsor...

I like how when you did give them a call as the email suggested, they could only answer one question, and they were probably prompted ahead of time how to answer that one. Maybe the people at Floozy have more brain activity?
    Actually, mozzz, I didn't feel that the assistant was 'prompted' at all. As I said earlier, Penny hasn't been IN the store for over a week and isn't expected back for another week or two. All the employees saw the cancellation in the paper...NOT through Penny. They were just as much up in the air as we were.

Penny's probably livid that the show has been canceled and has been "hiding" out...thinking, as ALL vain people do, "I thought they'd love me!? WHY don't they love me???!!!"

Bill Sr's probably being blamed for the cancellation, anyway. Either him or Billy Jr. Penny, of course, is blameless...in her mind.

Premium Member
    As I said earlier, Penny hasn't been IN the store for over a week and isn't expected back for another week or two.
    That's the reason I thought perhaps they were prompted ahead of time to say that Penny reads all the emails - because if they haven't seen her for over a week (and the show started less than a week ago) how do they know "she's had fun reading them and answers a lot of them" ? Unless they were talking about random emails the store gets which would not have been in regards to the show...but that wouldn't have been a 'lot' of emails or 'fun' to read, I wouldn't think, unless they were indeed emails regarding the show, and I don't think viewers would've started emailing Electric Ladyland BEFORE the show even started....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast