+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 1/8/04 Show *** Spoilers ** Premiere

I knew I wasn't the only one who hated Penny!

I'm actually liking this show, but I really wish that Penny would have gone. She is trying to control everyone, and I kind of feel sorry for Ashley. I really hope Billy or Josh win, because they are really the only ones who deserve it!
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

Sorry to hear about that Lambikins! My heart goes out to you. I worked for a manipulative, narcissistic, greedy, evil, Leona Helmsley-style whack job and I could barely stand it for five months. I felt so sorry for her kids, though, who have to deal with her their whole lives. Miraculously, they turned out to be nice, well-adjusted people.
    What's maddening is that bullies like Penny (and Leona) get their way because no one wants to stand up to them and risk becoming the next target. Ashley said it last night when he chose his mother over his girlfriend -- "my mother intimidates me."
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Okay, I think we need to settle whether or not the show is actually taping ON this Kanas ranch or not. Someone earlier on seemed to indicate it wasn't. But the CBS.com site for the show has the headline "MICKEY AND KRISTIN AREN'T IN KANSAS ANYMORE". It could be another ranch in Kansas, but is it?

Keep in mind though that one of the points made earlier is that most of these people are ALL from Arizona (either Scottsdale or Phoenix) and the Kansas place is some kind of vacation property at most. The production could be in a generic reality show mansion just about anywhere, or it could be in Arizona if they wanted to allow these people off-show time to conduct real world business.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

This could all turn out to be one of the "scam" reality shows for all we know!
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

Quote Originally Posted by candor
    Sorry to hear about that Lambikins! My heart goes out to you. I worked for a manipulative, narcissistic, greedy, evil, Leona Helmsley-style whack job and I could barely stand it for five months. I felt so sorry for her kids, though, who have to deal with her their whole lives. Miraculously, they turned out to be nice, well-adjusted people.
    What's maddening is that bullies like Penny (and Leona) get their way because no one wants to stand up to them and risk becoming the next target. Ashley said it last night when he chose his mother over his girlfriend -- "my mother intimidates me."
    Thanks for your sentiments, candor, they mean a lot to me. It took 6 years of intense therapy to rid myself of my mom's toxins. The weird thing is, her very OWN parents raised me when I was a kid, so you can't blame her evilness on parenting. Looking at Bette, who seems pretty benign, I'm thinking that "Whatever Penny (Lolita) wants, Penny (Lolita) gets.

Yeah, my mom was a piece of work. Her personal credo was that she "had to match her age with her sex partners", meaning if she was 48, she had to have slept with 48 men. She'd take me on dates with her, to make her going out "legit", and then make me sit in the car, waiting for her to be done.

I can easily see every single person in her immediate circle under her spell. The fact that her own son wouldn't choose his girlfriend, who in turn could have chosen the uncle or grandmother, tells all.

Since there can only be one winner of the Kansas property, if it comes down to Penny, brother and mom, Penny herself is going to have to give them the ax, so what difference did it make for Ashley?

I had a good friend that didn't believe in "alcoholics" because she had never experienced one. I'm sure that any one on this thread who wasn't had a Penny in their life (whether through birth or work) won't believe that she's real.

She's real, folks. That type of person really exists. And I'm sure that if my mom was still alive, she'd have married Bill Sr. before Penny could have gotten her mitts on him.

Looking at Penny's alleged "beauty", makes me think of Gold-Plated Crap: sparkly and pretty to see, but when you lift it up, it stinks to high heaven.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Like many others, I am highly suspicious about whether this is for real. It plays like an Agatha Christie mystery, except that the "houseguests" are being "disinherited" one by one rather than murdered one by one. The "contestants" on the show are all some kind of stereotype and completely predictable.

Unlike an Agatha Christie mystery, however, this is boring and not worth watching. Her characters were usually interesting and her plots could keep you guessing. I doubt I'll waste another hour watching this.

According to Mickey, Bill and Penny have only been married for 4 years. God, the damage this woman was wrought in that short time.

In regards to Bill Sr. vs. Bill Jr.; there's so little background info on them, it's hard to say. If Billy was from a much earlier marriage, than the Mom could have restricted visitation rights, so Billy saw little of his father. Or, maybe his Dad was "too busy", back in the day, to care about his ONLY. FRICKIN'. SON.!!!!

Also, Mickey said that the ranch was "in the middle of nowhere" and that he'd "sell it if I win", so I can't believe that the people on this show are really battling for Kansas. It may be more bragging rights, being able to win, and also, control. It all boils down to control.

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel
    Like many others, I am highly suspicious about whether this is for real. It plays like an Agatha Christie mystery, except that the "houseguests" are being "disinherited" one by one rather than murdered one by one. The "contestants" on the show are all some kind of stereotype and completely predictable.

Unlike an Agatha Christie mystery, however, this is boring and not worth watching. Her characters were usually interesting and her plots could keep you guessing. I doubt I'll waste another hour watching this.
    I'm going to keep watching, but I am really wondering if this all isn't some kind of hoax. You know, something like MBFOB. Wouldn't that be a great ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Goten
    This could all turn out to be one of the "scam" reality shows for all we know!
    I think several of us have been making that case.

At the very least, SOME of it seems to be real though--there's a newspaper article in a local Arizona paper about Penny (quoted in her thread here) which discusses the businesses she owns, as well as the show. What's in doubt, for me at least, is everything else.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Super Goten
    I'm going to keep watching, but I am really wondering if this all isn't some kind of hoax. You know, something like MBFOB. Wouldn't that be a great ending.
    SG: Is there a specific reality show you're talking about, or is this conjecture? I know the shows that were supposed to fool the family, like My Big Obnoxious Fiance, but has there been a show where the producers are trying to scam the audience.

Smells like that "lost" year on Dallas where it was all a dream.

+ Reply to Thread