+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 1/8/04 Show *** Spoilers ** Premiere

I'm just stunned with this whole process to give away a large peice of Kansas. I'm not sure who produced this show but they really failed to give us a whole lot of background on these "close friends" and "step family members". I want to know why Josh was adopted, is that because he was a buddy of Billys all through his life. I had one of those kind of friends when I was young but i'm not sure I would qualify them as eligible for half of Kansas if it belonged to my dad. I almost feel sorry for Bill since he obviously has no real family!

My next question is, doesn't everyone think Bette might kick the bucket before Bill? What about Scott eating in the dark in the middle of the night, he too might kick the bucket before Bill...I suppose Penny is banking on that.

Again, someone already pointed this out but why was Kristin CRYING?? She needs to get off her butt and get back on Penny's gold digging horse. I'm quite sure he would *share*.

Frankly, Bill Junior deserves the ranch *at the very least* unless they reveal some special background on how he royally screwed up with his dad.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

I betcha someone will be coming back at some point to mess up any alliance plans.

Penny is very manipulative and evil but I think Jonathon (TAR) would tear her butt up. Viiiiiiccccccccccccctoria!

I'm watching on tape now.

My first thought? I swear it seems like a "Joe Schmo" show, especially when the wooden host is explaining all of the various ceremonies and such. I could almost see the faces of these people on plates or something, which the host throws in a fireplace!
    Last edited by Krom; 01-09-2005 at 11:56 AM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I tried to do a search on the host and found nada (Tony Hoakes if anyone has the dirt) . I'm a bit suspicious of that in itself unless he's in the witness protection program.

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    I tried to do a search on the host and found nada (Tony Hoakes if anyone has the dirt) . I'm a bit suspicious of that in itself unless he's in the witness protection program.
    Hoakes sounds suspiciously like hoax to me.

Even after just finishing my viewing, I'm still obessed with the hokey fakeness of the scene where he sits the family down and explains the various ceremonies and stuff, and the lame-o names for all of the procedures and happenings. I recall ABC's "The Family" where they really WERE this cheesy, but the only other place I can recall it being this bad other than that is... "Joe Schmo". Or FOX. Maybe it's been this bad on FOX.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

The characters are right out of a soap opera, except more, um, cosmetically enhanced. There are so many fake boobs if they were ever caught on a desert island they could tie the women together and make a flotation device.
    I just have to think the whole thing is concocted or the participants were prompted by the producers. No one in real life could be as nakedly calculating as Penny -- and survive.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    I couldn't agree more, fluff. I get a sick feeling in my stomach about this show, 'cause these people seem unstable enough that maybe there'll be some fallout in real life.

I hope nothing tragic happens, but I keep wondering, "How can they put this big of a group of evil nutcases together and then NOT have terrible things happen, within the family, after the cameras stop rolling?"
    Pom: I couldn't agree with you more, about the sick feeling. Whether anyone believes me or not, I had actual NIGHTMARES about this show throughout the night. It brought up so many wretched memories that I had buried from my OWN personal hell of a mom, who is the twin sister of Penny.

If ANY ONE thinks that there is not someone in real life like her, don't be fooled! My mom was born a gold-digger and married and divorced her way through 5 marriages until she ended up with her version of a millionaire.

Not only did she abandon me along the way, but only hauled my step brother into her life when convenient; she screwed his mind so badly the poor soul never married nor had a serious relationship, always afraid of disappointing mom. Ashley, you're forewarned.

Then, like Penny, when she married "Lloyd", she forced him to cut his own children out of the will.

I've never, ever seen a TV program where there was so much hate, ill-will, manipulation, etc. Having read the article in the Penny thread, it now makes sense why Bill Sr. would agree to this;originally, what didn't make sense to me is WHY in the world he'd have his best friend of 20 years pitted against his stepsons EX-girlfriend. Obviously, Penny has woven her own, special Voodoo spell over Bill like my mom did her husband.

And yup!, the will change stuck and his kids were cut out of the will when he died, my mom inheriting everything.

I thought I'd be able to watch this show, but it's too painful. I'll stick around for the recaps, though, as I want to see how long Bill Jr. makes it.

As I see it, Penny will have to win because she has so many people under her finger. Between her son, her brother and her mom, they will cling together and sacrifice each other so she's the last one standing.

And all for a "million dollar ranch"? I guess 500+ acres in Kansas buys you a lot; that amount gets you a 1800 square foot town house in Chicago.

Bye, Penney: Hope you enjoy .
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Quote Originally Posted by candor
    I just have to think the whole thing is concocted or the participants were prompted by the producers. No one in real life could be as nakedly calculating as Penny -- and survive.
    See my above post, candor. Let me assure you, not only do people this calculating exist in real life, but they sleep very soundly at night, too. Mostly on the bones of their victims.

I know firsthand.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

+ Reply to Thread