+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CBS "The Will"

Hmmm, not quite sure what I think about this one.... Looks a little sketchy but could be good, entertaining TV.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

The concept is definitely original, it irks me a little though that they'd make such a show. I hope it'll be something good !

Seems stupid but it seems kinda funny watching peopel let greed take over.

FORT Newbie
    "The Will" will probably be so brutal that everyone will say they hate it, then describe exactly what they hated on the last episode.

Quote Originally Posted by MalibuPam
    They'll need one seriously dyfunctional family with a sick son-of-a-gun for a patriarch. The application asks for very few details--age, what do you look like, education, how did you make your money, why do you want to be on the show, and how much money do you have?
    You absolutely, positively said the right thing, MPam! I just finished reading one of the most captivating books that I've ever held: The Testament by John Grishom.

The "sick son-of-a-gun" patriarch was equaled or surpassed by his even more horrendous brood. Even the lawyers representing the kin despised them! I can see some massively disfunctional family wanting to stick it to each other: all for the name of money. Some of these shows are so mean that they hurt my stomach so I don't know how much time i'll put into watching this.

It couldn't be more of a case of Life Imitating Art than for me to have finished this book Wednesday and for this show to air tonight.
    Last edited by lambikins; 01-08-2005 at 03:20 PM.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Doesn't the prize seem kind of weak? 600 acres in frickin' Kansas? Is there anything nice on it? If it had anything worth money on it (aside from the land and a few animals), I think they would have shown it.

600 acres isn't that much. Then again, I'm from Texas and everything is bigger in Texas. On that note, I guess Danielle belongs in Texas!

Did anyone besides me feel like this "family" was a bunch of soap opera actors? They just don't look real (and I mean the people). I know the others aren't real.
    RuskyBiz

Quote Originally Posted by VectorWega
    Doesn't the prize seem kind of weak? 600 acres in frickin' Kansas? Is there anything nice on it? If it had anything worth money on it (aside from the land and a few animals), I think they would have shown it.

600 acres isn't that much. Then again, I'm from Texas and everything is bigger in Texas. On that note, I guess Danielle belongs in Texas!
    It's not the size that matters, VectorWega...don't you know that??!!

It's the F.A.M.E.!!!

I've listened to all of the videos and over 80% of the supposed "winners" state that they'd sell it; only Billy and Crystal? said that they'd keep it and Penny chirped that "I'd give it back to my husband." Duh???!!! If he wanted his beloved ranch back, Dimwit, he wouldn't be trying to palm it off like it was Club Med: Nebraska!

As I said in the show thead, the entire thing is only worth a million dollars, which buys you an 1800 square foot townhouse in Lincoln Park, on a 25 x 150 foot lot.

Somehow, in the back of my mind, I keep thinking that the theme song from GREEN ACRES should have been the song for this show:

Bill Sr.: "Green acres is the place for me.
    Farm livin' is the life for me.
    Land spreadin' out so far and wide.
    Keep Scottsdale, just give me that countryside."

Penny: "Air-ee-zona is where I'd rather stay.
    I get allergic smelling hay.
    I just adore a penthouse view.
    Dah-ling I love you but give me Rodeo Avenue."

Bill Sr...."The chores."
    Penny..."MY stores."
    Bill Sr...."Fresh air."
    Penny..."Don't be Square!"

Bill Sr: "You are my wife.
    Good bye, city life.
    Green Acres we are there."
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

FORT Fogey
    The premise of the show is completely assinine, but I'll probably catch the next episode...

The premiere of "The Will" made little noise (zap2it)
    2.8/5 rating

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast