+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CBS "The Will"

Ah, an article has popped up that proves I'm not insane (well, not *totally* insane):

CBS Inherits the "Will"
    Wed Feb 11, 1:30 PM ET Add Television - E! Online to My Yahoo!

By Lia Haberman

Is the family fortune up for grabs?

CBS could put you first line when Aunt Edna kicks the bucket through a new reality series designed to single out a wealthy clan's most worthy heir.

(Note to the practices and standards department: A nipple's got nothing on this new moral low.)

The money-grubbing reality series, The Will, is the latest offering from the Eye network and Bachelor creator Mike Fleiss (also the twisted mind behind Who Wants to Marry a Multi-Millionaire and Are You Hot?).

Described as "reality TV meets Dynasty, the money-motivated death watch seeks one loaded old fart who'd like to put their family through the paces before settling on who gets the inheritance.

Family members compete in weekly "physical and mental challenges" to win rewards and avoid getting crossed out of the will.

Already, this show's died and been resurrected at least once. Two years ago, ABC announced The Will would bow on its network in 2003.

Producers put the word out, seeking a rich relative "with a sizable fortunea substantial sense of humor" and greedy family members ready to battle each other over the cash.

No word on why the series didn't fly on the Alphabet net. A CBS rep would only say that the series had been "developed at ABC and then Mike Fleiss brought it here."

But apparently producers never found the perfect wealthy family without class because CBS is taking applications for this revamped version on its CBS.com Website until Feb. 27.

And this time around, the entire "charismatic clan must have a sense of adventure and a substantial sense of humor."

Lost the family heirlooms to your third cousin? Get over it.

Of course no one wants to leave dear old Pop penniless in his golden years, so the winner wouldn't actually collect on the coin until the geezer croaks (or mysteriously breaks his neck tumbling down a flight of stairs).
    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...en_tv_eo/13481

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Hmm..it'll flop, just like The Family.

IMHO, it's a very stupid idea.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

dumb, dumb, dumb. looks like CBS has another hour of trash showing while I watch a cabel network.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Hmm..it'll flop, just like The Family.

IMHO, it's a very stupid idea.
    I loved The Family. It was the ultimate Cheese. I miss The Family.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Almost a year later, CBS is premiering The Will on January 8. It's about time!

Anyway, the family is gorgeous, and looks interesting. Notice the kid wearing the "privileged and goodlooking" t-shirt

[IMG]images/img/thewill.jpg[/IMG]

Looks like a promising cast!

The website is up for it. It's at:

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/the_will/

They have little videos for all the contestants.

Okay.. the three girls on the left are gorgeous. The guy wearing the shirt looks straight out of the movie "Dazed and Confused."

I can not believe that anyone would do this. I think it will be interesting but probably will not do well. Who knows?
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Quote Originally Posted by Feifer
    I can not believe that anyone would do this.
    Me neither! I can't wait to watch though.

Wouldn't it be funny if the "trust employee" or the "ex-girlfriend" win? That was truely stink for the family.

I can't wait!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast