+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Swap

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar

The Swap

The Swap
    Currently casting:
    IS YOUR FAMILY READY FOR PRIMETIME?

Have you ever dreamed of living a completely different life? Imagine swapping lives with a total stranger for 2 weeks…

Want to star in your own reality special? Could you for 2 weeks play the role of wife and mother to an entirely new family? RDF Media (the producers of the hit show Junkyard Wars) is looking for married couples with children to participate in the ultimate swap: living a completely normal existence that is the opposite of your own. If you (or anyone you know) would be interested in participating in this groundbreaking series, download the application and send it in today!

THE SWAP IS CURRENTLY CASTING FAMILIES AND WE WANT TO MEET YOU. DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION AND MAIL BACK WITH A VIDEOTAPED INTRODUCTION TO YOUR FAMILY AND HOME. ( NOTHING FANCY! )

THE SWAP/RDF MEDIA
    12001 VENTURA PLACE , 6TH FLOOR
    STUDIO CITY, CA 91604

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR NEED MORE INFORMATION CALL (818) 432-4664.

Participants' selection at producer's discretion
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

LG.
    so your whole family swaps places with another family? Shoot, I was hoping it would be just me and that the husband of the woman I swap with would be a hottie. Damn.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I don't understand why this would be interesting for the participants or the viewers!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

No, just the wife swaps, I believe.

I can not imaging being away form my family for 2 weeks much less leaving them to take care of another person's family. I just hink htere is too much that can go wrong here. How would you explain to your kids that you are leaving them with a different woman to take care of her children? Where would you sleep and what would that imply? I just do not think that it would be a good thing.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Apparently, it was a huge hit in the UK. It drew a lot of talk specifically for an episode where a racist causasion lady was swapped into a black family.

I'm not passing judgement on the show itself, but it doesn't strike me as interesting in the least.

+ Reply to Thread