+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Husband's arrest halts 'Wife Swap' production

Premium Member
    The should put him in a room with a few of us from the FORT. We'll take care of him good.

Chairman of the Bored Cruella_DeVil's Avatar
    Thanks for posting the articles. Saw this on the CourtTV crawler and couldn't believe that someone would hit his child for not wearing a coat and then to do it in front of a camera crew???? He must of thought he was some sorta superstar just because he was in a film production. What an asshat!

☆ Janie Queen of BB cottoncandy's Avatar
    How awful! That poor girl! All that for not wearing a coat? Imagine if she does something actually wrong. She must live in terror of her father.

I wonder if this episode of Wife Swap will ever make it to the air. I doubt it. I just hope that the girl is protected and this never happens to her again.

Please know that I am not taking this lightly, and also know I've never been hit, so I'm asking this in seriousness. If an adult male strikes a 13-year-old female 5 times with a closed fist in the face... well hell, wouldn’t she have been severely messed up? The picture I have in my mind is horrendous. Now it wouldn’t make a difference to me if he slapped her once… violence is violence and I’m glad that the TV crew stepped in.

Also, if he was driving her and wanted her to have a coat why the hell didn’t he just tell her to grab one before they left the freakin’ house?

I also look for the other family to file some sort of lawsuit for putting the wife/mother in a potentially dangerous situation.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

She suffered a ''busted'' and bruised nose and a bruised and swollen right check, the police affidavit said.
    This is a quote from the article above Cali. I'm pretty sure it's right cheek not check, but depending how badly her nose was broken she must have looked pretty bad. Remember, she didn't actually say anything until the camera crew asked what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by cali
    Please know that I am not taking this lightly, and also know I've never been hit, so I'm asking this in seriousness. If an adult male strikes a 13-year-old female 5 times with a closed fist in the face... well hell, wouldn’t she have been severely messed up? The picture I have in my mind is horrendous.
    I'm certainly no expert and of course I was not there, but perhaps he struck her 5 times and some were 'glancing' blows. He must have gotten her good at least twice if she had her cheek and nose damaged. Plus he would have been sitting to her side and less able to get a full blow at her face. He wouldnt hit her like a boxer from the front.

In any case, he is a total pr!ck and sadly his wife will probably stay with him as she is most likely in a cycle of abuse herself. He's a hickdead!!

I read this the other day, and I was horrified!!! What a complete JERK!! I did hear that the Producers are scrapping the episode, and it will never make it to air. I wonder if the other family "could" file a law suit?? Before being used for the show, our family was put through a MAJOR Background check, a psychological evaluation to which they even sent out a psychologist to sit down with us for four hours after reviewing the results of our evaluations.....I was told that it was all done to show that the production company does everything in their power to put you in a "safe environment". If you've ever had a restraining order issued or something...you can't be on the show...they also remove all weapons from the home "before" the other Mom arrives as part of ABC's rules. They even go so far as to have you find someone to be available at all times to change diapers and such because noone from the film crew (to include the other wife) is allowed (by ABC's rules) to be near your young children while they aren't dressed or to bathe them.

With this guy making it on the show.....you gotta wonder just how thurough those psychological evals and background checks were.....

Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    why can I hear him saying "what is problem? in old country we do this all the time, it builds charector and corrects the child" well welcome to america buddy, you just can't do that anymore. not like 20 years ago

The man's an abuser, but what does his ethnic background have to do with anything?
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

POD
    FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    The man's an abuser, but what does his ethnic background have to do with anything?
    Yeah! I'm half-Greek and I take offense to that! most Greek people, like most people everywhere, love their children.

Wow this is crazy i especially find the comment "''Please leave us alone so we can get our lives back together" weird

If they are gonna sign on to do a reality TV show, first of all shouldnt they not be physically violent with the kids, and secondly shouldnt they expect the invasion of privacy

The sad thing is camera crews cant catch all the deadbeats who hit their kids, and this might not have even been the first time the 13 year old daughter was hit

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast