+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3/16 Episode Preview: Stonerock/Finley

3/16 Episode Preview: Stonerock/Finley

A GOD-FEARING PASTOR'S WIFE SWAPS PLACES WITH THE GODLESS WIFE OF AN ATHEIST, ON ABC'S "WIFE SWAP"

This week in "Stonerock/Finley," a God-fearing pastor's wife swaps places with the godless wife of an atheist, on ABC's "Wife Swap"-- the critically-acclaimed unscripted reality show that takes us into the intimate heart of the American family home to reveal the extraordinarily different ways families live their lives - WEDNESDAY, MARCH 16 (10:02-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Each week, from across the country, two families with very different values are chosen to take part. In a two week-long challenge, the wives from these two families exchange husbands, children and lives (but not bedrooms) to discover what it's like to live another mother's very different life. It's a mind-blowing experiment that often changes their lives forever.

Kelly Stonerock (37) and her husband, Pastor Jeff Stonerock (39), live in a cozy suburban Michigan home with their four children, Devon (10), Justin (9), Hunter (3) and Jesse (2), and their niece Taylor (9) and nephew Jacob (6), whom they took in after their parents abandoned them. The Stonerocks are pillars of their community. Jeff is the pastor of the town's Pentecostal church and Kelly maintains her perfect image as the church's "First Lady." Her regimented and fast-paced daily schedule includes home schooling the six children, working out at the gym, playing team sports and hosting regular Bible-discussion groups with other women from the church. Kelly keeps the children on an active social schedule involving church activities and volunteer work. She sees to it that the family gets plenty of exercise by engaging in many outdoor activities, including soccer, basketball, baseball, hunting, canoeing, hiking, sledding and hunting. The entire family shares in the household cleaning. The kids must abide by the "Stonerock Behavior/ Consequence Plan" which Kelly, Jeff, and the children wrote together to clearly outline the discipline required in the house and what happens if the children don't abide by the rules. In addition to lots of family time, Kelly and Jeff still manage to make time for each other, having regular date nights and vacations. They work hard to make ends meet on Dad's income alone, but have succeeded in paying off their home mortgage. The family's commitment to religion is evident in every aspect of their lives.

Kelly travels to the urban Georgia lived-in home of Amber Finley (30) and her husband, Reginald (31). The Finleys are atheists raising three children, Dorian (11), Reginald Jr. (3) and baby girl Ryan (1). Dad Reggie spends 80 hours a week working from home, broadcasting his own internet radio show and running his own website devoted to atheism. He believes that God does not exist and convinced his wife to give up her Christian beliefs in favor of atheism when the couple first started dating. Amber is a stay-at-home mother responsible for cleaning the house to Reginald's standards, and spends the rest of her day on the computer, surfing the Internet or obsessively playing computer games. Though Amber and Reginald are at home together all day, they rarely spend quality time with each other, as Reginald is obsessed with his work, which barely supports the family. After school and day care, the children spend their evenings in front of the television and computer or quietly in their rooms, so as not to disturb Dad while he's broadcasting a show. Amber and Reginald try to maintain discipline by taking away the kids' privileges, but to no avail. The family has few friends and doesn't even know the neighbors.

In the first week of the swap, devoted mom Kelly bristles at having to leave the kids at daycare and cries when she finds out how little time atheist Reggie spends with his son. Meanwhile, godless Amber is surprised by the narrow-mindedness of Kelly's friends -- who've never met an atheist before -- and dissolves in tears when the Stonerocks' niece reveals she's not treated the same as the other kids.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Hey that's cool that they are advertising the episode so early. Wow.. that press release is a shocker. Whatever works I guess.
    In Reason,

Reginald V. Finley, Sr.
    The Infidel Guy Show
    http://www.infidelguy.com

This should be interesting. I am a former Christian who is now an Agnostic. My husband is an Atheist and disagrees with my decision on looking to go back to a congregation (Universal Unitarist) for fellowship with others who may not believe in any specific god but believe in things that Atheists don't necessarily agree with. I'm sure they will twist this show like the others and have it focusing on the clash between the Pastor's wife and the Atheist wife instead of the relationships between the husbands & wives and what they could learn from them. I wish they would focus more on THAT.
    "I only run if I'm being chased" (Dominique- Making the Band 3)

I just read an article on the NYT about tonight's families and they don't seem to be the same as listed above.

I will link the article. Please don't kill me if that is against the rules. Its a great article that addresses some of the editing in the show.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/16/ar...16swap.html?th
    "To be is to do"--Socrates.
    "To do is to be"--Jean-Paul Sartre.
    "Do be do be do"--Frank Sinatra

I'm the queen of misspelling

Quote Originally Posted by Board at work
    I just read an article on the NYT about tonight's families and they don't seem to be the same as listed above.

I will link the article. Please don't kill me if that is against the rules. Its a great article that addresses some of the editing in the show.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/16/ar...16swap.html?th

Good article...though it's not about the families from tonight's episode. I do see a lot of truth in the article, and these ladies sound like they're STILL mad! It took me a few weeks to get over being so mad at the production company for destroying my house, but sheesh...they sound like they're gonna sue!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    YES! I'm so excited for another show tonight!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I think they've switched episodes for tonight. They're going with Cedarquist/Oeth, rather than the religious one. Probably good news for FORT, as discussions on religion have a tendancy to get out of control.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Oh, those tricksey hobbits.

Ok, here's what ABC NOW says will be tonight's episode:

A LOW-TECH, STAY-AT-HOME MOM WHO LIVES OFF THE ELECTRIC GRID IN
    AN ISOLATED, THREE-STORY TREEHOUSE SWAPS PLACES WITH A HIGH-POWERED,
    PLUGGED-IN CAREER MOM WHO'S WIRED IN SUBURBIA, ON ABC'S "WIFE SWAP."

In "Cedarquist/Oeth," a low-tech, stay-at-home mom who lives off the electric grid in an isolated, tree house swaps places with a high-powered, plugged-in career mom who's wired in suburbia, on ABC's "Wife Swap"-- the critically-acclaimed unscripted reality show that takes us into the intimate heart of the American family home to reveal the extraordinarily different ways families live their lives - WEDNESDAY, MARCH 16 (10:02-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Editors please note: This episode replaces "Stonerock/Finley" which had been scheduled to air at this time.

Each week, from across the country, two families with very different values are chosen to take part. In a two week-long challenge, the wives from these two families exchange husbands, children and lives (but not bedrooms) to discover what it's like to live another mother's very different life. It's a mind-blowing experiment that often ends up changing their lives forever.

Nancy Cedarquist (36), husband Keith (38) and their six kids, Erik (13), Bryce (11), Bria (eight), Riley (six), Kyler (four) and Nolan (two), live in a remote, three-story tree house they built themselves in northern Vermont. The Cedarquists abandoned suburbia and responsibilities and now live a laid-back life, hiding away from the world and technology. The family lives completely off the electric grid, relying on solar panels, a small generator and candles to light and power their home. In the winter, Nancy must get up every two hours during the night to put more wood on the modest stove that heats the house. She is outspoken in her belief that women belong in the home and men should go to work to support their families. Keith is employed at the local paper mill, while Nancy takes care of all the domestic affairs, laboring over four-course organic meals she makes from scratch each day for her family. Outspoken Nancy doesn't understand why any mother would choose to go to work and be away from her children, or worse, put them in daycare. She is intent on being the primary influence in her children's lives and home-schools them. She resents being forced into the role of disciplinarian because weak-willed Keith has no control over the kids. According to Mom, not even the dogs respect him. The chaotic Cedarquists believe in living for the moment, rather than worrying about the future.

Nancy travels to suburban Pennsylvania to the modern, well-lit home of the Oeth family, where mom Christy (35) and husband Michael (36) run their family like a business, as they raise James (eight), Lauren (six), Molly (two-and-a-half) and Delaney (15 months). Type-A Christy is a controller at a money management firm and the family's main breadwinner, while Michael works from home, trying to start up his own tech company. Because of Christy's demanding job and the family's busy schedule, the regimented Oeths implement a strict time management system to make each day go like clockwork. Michael runs the household and takes care of the shopping, cooking and childcare. He is extremely organized, and has even devised a special computer program that maps out the fastest route through the supermarket, based on the items on the market list. Christy and Michael decided to put their two youngest children in day care, a move they believe is a solid investment in their financial future, as it frees up Michael to give uninterrupted attention to launching his new business. Mom and Dad frequently split up the family on nights and weekends in order to squeeze in all the kids' activities, leaving them very little time together. Christy and Michael place a great deal of emphasis on their children's education and preparing for the future.

In the first week of the swap, Nancy chafes at having to leave the kids at daycare, and fails miserably in the corporate world where she gets caught daydreaming and doodling during an important business meeting.

I bolded the part about the replacement of episodes. I wonder why they're changing them?
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Maybe the folks from the listed episode ARE suing!

Let's go to the video, shall we?

Does anyone have TiVo?

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/16/ar...agewanted=2&th

"In an interview, Mrs. Cedarquist said she actually worked 20 hours a week - many of them outside the home - in a rental property management business she had joined in September.

She made no mention of her work in her application. Ms. Roth, the producer, said she had been unaware of Mrs. Cedarquist's work until told by a reporter; Mrs. Cedarquist said she had attempted to bring her job to the attention of a field producer, but had been discouraged from doing so."

Now, I may have been hallucinating, but didn't I see Nancy telling Christy's Boss that she HAD no work skills, that the last time she had worked was 17 years ago, and that the only thing she could do was make lunch???? I'm telling you right now, I would not have humiliated myself to that degree no matter WHAT the Producers said.
    And, ranting off from the "Spoilers" thread, what kind of intelligent person would sit and doodle when all she needed to do was take the minutes of the friggin meeting????
    I'm assuming she spend her 20 hours a week at the Property management company, then, from the hours of 11-3 serving up pecan meatloaf for lunch?
    :phhht
    TRUTH, BOREDOM, HUMOR
    "It is always the best policy to speak the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."
    -Jerome K. Jerome

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast