+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Thread: 3/2 show discussion *spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile
    I guess it makes for good TV...or so the thought goes. I am also sure that editing goes a long ways in these shows. I, for one, would like to see a show that contains humour, acceptance, and would leave me feeling like it was not trying to widen an already large rift in the fabric of society. What happened to the moderates? Can't we all just get along?
    Yup, "good" TV. Most people tune in for the conflict, etc. If there isn't any, then they switch channels. I suppose I do too, but my threshold for conflict is a lot lower than many of these shows demonstrate. I watch Survivor, for instance, mainly for the competitions and to see what challenges Mom Nature hands out. I don't like it when they holler at each other. I guess I could vote with my channel changer, but they do seem to be getting more conflict ridden. Or maybe I'm getting full up on them.

Canunkinchile, you want to go on with a messy conservative with bratty children?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy van Pelt
    Most people tune in for the conflict, etc. If there isn't any, then they switch channels. I suppose I do too, but my threshold for conflict is a lot lower than many of these shows demonstrate. I watch Survivor, for instance, mainly for the competitions and to see what challenges Mom Nature hands out. I don't like it when they holler at each other.
    I admit, I didn't tune in and watch the whole thing because the vibes coming through my TV were way too toxic. Ever since the election ended, I've been so done with partisan BS. It's just tearing our country apart and it's ceased to be even remotely entertaining to me. So when I saw a quick blurb and heard some rattling political BS, I just changed it. Better to maintain my blood pressure than subject myself to something I probably wouldn't really benefit from in the end.

(Btw, I do respect captrick for coming on here and voicing her opinions. I find some of them nauseating, but no more or less nauseating than man-on-man lovin' would be for her. But it was nice to read about what didn't make it on TV.)
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Quote Originally Posted by corprip
    I admit, I didn't tune in and watch the whole thing because the vibes coming through my TV were way too toxic. Ever since the election ended, I've been so done with partisan BS. It's just tearing our country apart and it's ceased to be even remotely entertaining to me. So when I saw a quick blurb and heard some rattling political BS, I just changed it. Better to maintain my blood pressure than subject myself to something I probably wouldn't really benefit from in the end.

(Btw, I do respect captrick for coming on here and voicing her opinions. I find some of them nauseating, but no more or less nauseating than man-on-man lovin' would be for her. But it was nice to read about what didn't make it on TV.)

I so agree with you on every level here. I'm tired of this country being torn apart. I think we can blame that on the media and politicians in general, whether it be Democrat OR Republican. It's truly sad. I wish we could go back to the 90s and not have to deal with worrying about what Conservative Aunt Jane is going to say when she finds out you're a Closet Liberal (tm). That would be me. Never had this issue til last year.
    "I only run if I'm being chased" (Dominique- Making the Band 3)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy van Pelt
    Canunkinchile, you want to go on with a messy conservative with bratty children?
    You bet...I'm sure you have a lovely family. I'm a bit far away tho......

RPCV
    This thread sure got a lot more interesting once the West Coast tuned in! I was feeling awfully alone for loving Dan and his insightful and intelligent views! Maybe I should move to California?!? Oh wait... you guys voted voted for... I can't even say it.

FORT Fogey
    I watched this show the night it was on TV but I didn't find this thread until tonight. I also live on the West Coast, in a blue state, and I consider myself to be a liberal. I was very turned off by Dan because he had no tolerance for others -- and I think that is part of what divides liberals from the conservatives in this country. Conservatives do not seem to have any tolerance towards those who don't share the same beliefs they do.

Quote Originally Posted by captrick
    He and I came to the understanding (at least I felt we did) that the two of us are very much alike in "who we are". I am very passionate about my beliefs...as Dan is. We both won't back down or compromise our beliefs because of what other people think....that is a quality I admire in anyone. I hate when people spout off all kinds of "beliefs" that (as soon as someone challenges them on them) they back down and start back peddling. If you believe in something....stand up for it...I may not agree with you, but I'll definately respect you for having the gutts to hold your ground!
    I hate to say it, but the quote above pretty much says it all.

Aside from that, Dan *is* a teenager but I think it is time for him to learn what tolerance of other viewpoints is all about. The Liberal wife didn't do a very good job of teaching him that.

In my family, the head Liberal is 87-years-old and a Veteran of every war from WWII to Vietnam. He believes the War in Iraq is wrong and he'd be yelling just as much as Dan was. I don't know what the family in Kentucky would have done with him because he is also from Kentucky! I do know he probably would have thrown any Republican literature into the toilet where he thinks it belongs. And, to top it all off, our last name is Bush -- which really makes it kind of funny.

P.S. If everyone refused to back down on what they believe in, we'd have a lot more murders in this country -- and I think our murder rate is high enough without that.

+ Reply to Thread