+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 3/2 show discussion *spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by LKH
    Quote from show... "In Minnesota, Dan is revolting..."
    Yeah, he's pretty revolting in Canada too.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

RPCV
    Dan is the hero of this show. The only person willing to tell a fundamentalist what's what. Fundamentalism is fundamentalism, whether Christian or Muslim. I say Bravo to Dan. Don't you people appreciate teenagerdom in all its glory at all??

FORT Fan
    I loved the military kids. They were so cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy van Pelt
    Cheri claims not to be homophobic, but takes down the rainbow flag anyway. Why?
    I KNEW this would come up....my point in that part was that it was a "political" symbol, and my rule was no political symbols besides the flag and a yellow ribbon.

So noone gets me wrong......my views on gay rights.....as you know, I am a Christian. I do believe that living a gay lifestyle is immoral. I also believe that sex before marriage is immoral, being an alcoholic, adultery, and so on are also immoral. What I DON'T believe is that I should HATE anyone for the lifestyle they live. Because a person chooses to live a gay lifestyle DOES NOT make them evil, depraved, or a bad person. I know many gay men and women I think are wonderful people and I love them dearly. Just as I love every one of my friends who are ALL sinners in one way or another. I do not support the part of their life I feel is sinnful....that's it. Believe me, if I were without sin....why on earth would Jesus have died for me? Only difference, in my eyes between a gay person and me....is that I wake up each day trying one foot in front of the other to stear away from sin...however poor of a job I may do.....and they wake up each day "in" it....does that explain it?

Captick
    My heart ached when I saw how Dan disrespected you and your beliefs. I sure hope Dan's heart softens and his eyes are opened to how narrow mined he is. Really enjoyed this weeks Wife Swap and your children are so so cute.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by captrick
    Only difference, in my eyes between a gay person and me....is that I wake up each day trying one foot in front of the other to stear away from sin...however poor of a job I may do.....and they wake up each day "in" it....does that explain it?
    No.

I wake up every day in a loving household, and don't care if someone else thinks I'm more of a sinner because of it.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Quote Originally Posted by corprip
    No.

I wake up every day in a loving household, and don't care if someone else thinks I'm more of a sinner because of it.

Your beliefs are YOURS and that's fine....I respect them...so show me the same kindness is all I ask.

Quote Originally Posted by captrick
    Your beliefs are YOURS and that's fine....I respect them...so show me the same kindness is all I ask.
    No disrespect at all. Live and let live.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

It's always good to hear the actually participants side, thanks Captrick!

I ended up liking both families in the end. Even though I agreed with some of things Dan said I completely disagreed with his approach - he was very disrespectful and a little intimidating, although the suggestion of military school was funny. A couple days of that and we would all see Dan in a clock tower with a stocking over his head!
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

When I was in Florence, Italy two years ago, rainbow flags with the word "Pace"(Peace) were hanging out of many windows. I maybe wrong but I think the rainbow flag that Cheri took down, and replaced with the American flag, reflected the family's anti-war beliefs and not homosexual rights.

+ Reply to Thread