+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Doe7267
    Two, my sons are love all the time and happy sorry to bust your bubble. You can be appalled, aghast and disgusted and everything else but we are a happy family and that is all that matters in this house hold. .

Doreen, (hope I am spelling that right?) I think your sons came off very well on the show, and you should be proud of them. THey were polite and respectful to LeShelle and that is more than I can say of most of the other smart mouthed teenagers we see on this show! I can also see why your husband would feel defensive and backed into a corner. LeShelle may have had good intentions, but she should take a few lessons from the Supernanny in tact. I mean, she started off attacking, and every rule she laid out had a little mini "I am better than you" sermon attached to it. She couldn't just say the rule and leave it she had to harp on in such a negative way about your family. That would make me less than cooperative, too. So I was surprised actually, pleasantly, when your sons still were polite and kind.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by ashleyd
    zaam - birth control.

dinkybean - it sounds like you work very hard. I am not convinced that all housewives, LaShelle included, actually work all day. I work all of my hours straight while housewives have more leeway so saying it is a 24 hr. job isn't necessarily true - if it was Ellen, Oprah, and soap operas wouldn't exist because housewives would be too busy to watch.
    First, Ashley, birth control does not always work. two of my pregnancies happened even with birth control, and yes, I am an educated woman and know how to use it properly.

And about your other points, all I can say is you will never understand unless you do it. My husband was a stay at home dad for two years while I worked, and that in itself was enough for him to understand what it really entails. Now we have much more understanding of division of labor and what is fair. Before that, he did seem to count on me to do everything, and with twins under the age of 2, it was nearly impossible. I didn't say it was a 24 hour work day, I said 14, just to set the record straight. And I can tell you plenty of women and men who are retired that love Ellen, etc. and teenage and college girls who watch soaps (in fact some of their target demographics have shifted to 14-25, not exactly the housewife age) that you shouldn't make that generalization. I rarely watch daytime TV, unless it is PBS, LOL! Sure some may take "breaks" during the day because they know they still have to cook dinner, clean up after it, bathe the kids, get them ready for bed, etc at the end of the day.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by dinkybean
    Doreen, (hope I am spelling that right?) I think your sons came off very well on the show, and you should be proud of them. THey were polite and respectful to LeShelle and that is more than I can say of most of the other smart mouthed teenagers we see on this show! I can also see why your husband would feel defensive and backed into a corner. LeShelle may have had good intentions, but she should take a few lessons from the Supernanny in tact. I mean, she started off attacking, and every rule she laid out had a little mini "I am better than you" sermon attached to it. She couldn't just say the rule and leave it she had to harp on in such a negative way about your family. That would make me less than cooperative, too. So I was surprised actually, pleasantly, when your sons still were polite and kind.
    Dinkybean - Yes you are spelling Doreen correctly - I am very proud of my sons. I raised them to be polite and respectul to everyone. You said it all my husband said he would not have been such an A-hole to LaShelle if she had not come in to our house attacking our family. Everyone family is different. Our way is works for us, but not for her family. I did not go in trying to change their family. I just though her house was not clean. I know people on this thread states she has 5 children and it is had to keep clean but that house was a mesh. The camera man had to stop filming because of the cat litter box. He had to empty it. I had thrown up because of the crap in it and the smell.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Doreen,
    So.. the way that you approached Eric wasn't confrontational and bombastic toward THEIR way of life & beliefs??
    For some reason, you're giving ALL the excuses to your husband behavior by saying she was confrontational ..when you were, in fact, the exact.same.way.
    Eric went with the changes and was trying to DO THEM, until you went and started bitching about how it wasn't done yet...THAT'S when he threw his hands up in the air.
    With your jerk husband, he even said himself that he's just plain and simply going to make it miserable for her.
    What a guy! :rolleyes

At some point you have to look inward and admit that he was acting like an class A jackass.

I'm curious, do you type at work?
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Regular
    I saw this episode last night and this episode was ridculous. They make sure they get the extremes for entertainment. I think what got me the most is when that one woman was like I love to serve my man and she was teaching her daughters the same thing. Thats crazy. I feel really sorry for her and her daughters.

FORT Newbie
    Wow, Doreen! Thanks for posting all these messages! That's cool!

I laughed so hard at you screaming at people. That show may have been the funniest thing I ever saw on TV.

Oh by the way, I woud love to have a wife like Lashelle. She is very in tune with the way that nature intended women to be.

Dinky - you misunderstood my point about birth control - it all goes back a through a few posts. I said earlier that is possible Doreen didn't have her kids on purpose. Someone then responded basically telling me that anyone who has sex is having kids on purpose. So, I was trying to say that wasn't true - they could use birth control - but, in some cases that may not work. Which goes back to me saying that it is possible she didn't have her kids on purpose. (Man, that was a tortured explanation.)

And, you are right it is something I will never understand. When this show came out I told my husband I wanted to do it so I could see if being a stay at home mom is as difficult as they claim it is. I do know that my grandmothers did it without complaint and without help. I know that working moms do everything that stay at home moms do and they have a job, like my mom did.

Hey, want to go on the show with me? You could show me the light. Plus, I don't have kids and, much like Doreen and her husband, my husband and I generally do our own thing. So, it would be like a vacation. My only caveat is that you would have to go home at the end of the two weeks no matter how much you enjoyed my carefree life!

Quote Originally Posted by Doe7267
    InsideOut - One, the other husband's name is Eric, not Ben. Two, my sons are love all the time and happy sorry to bust your bubble. You can be appalled, aghast and disgusted and everything else but we are a happy family and that is all that matters in this house hold. So right now I am rude go hug your momma again for me.
    Oops! Sorry, I should have checked that name first. Don't know why I thought his name was Ben. My bad!

I'm glad you're a happy family. I'm sure editing had SO much to do with why we all had the impression that you were lazy, slovenly and disinterested in your family. I appreciate you taking the time to give your side of the story. That episode certainly made for entertaining. albeit disturbing TV though, that's for sure!

It's actually a relief to hear both sides and some of the background information surrounding the circumstances of what actually went on and how the show was edited. Honestly, I was really bothered thinking about how badly your kids must feel having a mother who didn't like kids. Thank you so much for taking the time to explain everything. I really feel so much better now!

The TV audience is on the outside looking in and we are only given what the producers want us to have. To the people who have never met these families and see the show, surely you can see where and why these impressions are formed of the participants. If you had seen a mom edited the way you had been, I'll bet you would have been disgusted and aghast, too.

I'm glad you took the time to explain things - thank you! It would be fun to hear more behind-the-scenes information from some of the other members from this episode, too.

Give your boys an extra hug from me tonight, they really seemed like wonderful kids.

FORT Newbie
    Thank you Insideout - What more do you want to hear I have some much more to say - Here is an e-mail from one of my friends to me.

Too, too funny. Doreen, I was just going to write you about last nights show. I made my sister and her family watch it and told them all about you and your family. My sister read what you said in the morning Free Press. Did the producers of that show ask you to act different than you really are? I know you aren't like they showed you to be. I was in your house and saw how you were with your children and the wonderful meal you gave them and even sent some home for Andy and me. I've always been impressed with you and Guy and how you both talk about your boys. By the way, they sure looked cute last night. Marques has really grown up and is actually very handsome. I felt you were trying to make a point about women not having to stay in old fashioned traditional roles and that was good and I didn't blame Guy for getting angry with what that other wife said to him. I don't think you were portrayed fairly. Anyway, it was good getting to see you all again, even if it was just on a TV show.

Doreen,

I gottal say...you got gutts, woman! I (of all people) should know how so much gets cut out....but didn't you get to see the final cut before it aired? Were you "happy" with how you were made to seem? Didn't you have to initial all the pages in your manual and say "yep, that's right"..? I'll just come out and say this....I'm Cheri...the wife on "Next Week's" show.....and I've heard soooooo much about "editing" and things and I sooooo understand how a lot gets cut out, but my stance is....they can't edit it, if you don't do/say it....

And if you truly do not lie in bed every night and make your kids wait on you hand and foot....why on earth would you agree to make it look as if you did? I agree, you get a good idea of where they're taking things while you're filming....it's fairly obvious....I just don't think I could've EVER allowed them to take "you" where they did with your "character"...ya know?

+ Reply to Thread