+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Wow, Am I watching WifeSwap or Super Nanny? Everything seems to be turning around for the better for everyone!! Let's hope they truly are learning from each other. The meet and greet between the couples will give us a hint into whether or not they did learn.
    What is up with Doreen getting so pissed at LaShalle using the word slave? Doreen used the word slave too to describe LaShalle earlier. Double standard here ...

Quote Originally Posted by ashleyd
    Unfortunatley, LaShelle can't learn anything. She is a high school educated mother of 5. She must be mental.
    How did you come up with that? A high school graduate with kids must be mental?

Quote Originally Posted by ashleyd
    Doreen works hard all day long
    Except when she gets home and is playing Queen B laying up in bed being served by her husband and 2 child servants. Like I wrote earlier LaShelle definitely has issues as well but at least she takes time with her kids. You are not teaching kids responsibility if you don't take any responsibility for them as a parent and spend more than 15 minutes a day with them. Playstation shouldn't be raising your kids no matter how hard you work through the day.

[QUOTE=Siryn]And Doreen is exhibiting so many of the bad stereotypes of black women; she should be ashamed, but she obviously won't be. You can't tell her anything she doesn't want to hear.[QUOTE]

What "sterotype" is she exhibiting exactly? I am a white woman and Doreen reminds me a lot of myself. I work hard all day, I relax at night, and I do not submit my life or my time to anyone else?

I don't think that is bad and I don't think it has anything to do with race.

I was going to say retarded but I thought that was mean.

IF a person wants to be so selfish with their 'alone' time they shouldnt have kids, give them up for adoption.
    Doreen is sitting there all peeved after her un warranted blow up over the slave word that she of course would never use, only she did.

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    I agree that the children should have responsibility and have chores. But the "sit on my ass after 5 and you all serve me hand and foot after you all have had a full day" is absolutely selfish. At the very least, get your own damn wine if you sit in bed.

As for LaShelle, she's far from perfect and has a limited world view. Hopefully this expanded her view. Do you really expect the house to be spotless if she's dealing with 5 kids under 10? But LaShelle has a lot more compassion and is softer in her delivery. It makes a lot of difference.

Ok- I will give that she shouldn't have had kids but some people don't believe in abortion and accidents happen.

The slave thing was silly - but she wasn't the only hypocrite. No one here has called Eric out for saying at the beginning of the show that she was a stereotypical black women and then accusing her attitude being the problem with race relations later.

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    The stereotype I was referring to was the loud, abrasive and combative attitude - it's a huge turnoff. You can be independent without being so abrasive.

Yeah what Siryn said!

THe saddest thing I saw about LaShalle's kids is when one of her daughters seemed genuinely suprised to hear that women can be something other than housewives.

+ Reply to Thread