+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: 2/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey
    I liked both women but its no suprise to me that people are harder on Doreen. There is certainly a stereotype that alot of black women are loud and abrasive but what I find odd is that when another woman of any other race shows those same qualities, no one relates that to her race. They relate that to just her as an individual. Lashelle said her main goal was to please her husband and why isnt that looked at as a negative stereotype for white women? That is a stereotype of white women at least in the black community but no one says it here. She does absolutely everything for her husband and to me she was a bad role model because here it is 2005 and her daughters didnt know that women could be anything they want to be.

FORT Newbie
    Okay, I admit it, I'm laundry challanged.

it does't help that my washer adn dryer are in the dungeon and my dryer doesn't heat up very well and it takes 2 or 3 cycles to get things dry. It takes forever to do a load. And forever to get the kids to put it away.

I'm forever playing catch up.

So yeah, laundry is easy if your dryer actually works and there's only a couple of you.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by caramelbeauty81
    I liked both women but its no suprise to me that people are harder on Doreen. There is certainly a stereotype that alot of black women are loud and abrasive but what I find odd is that when another woman of any other race shows those same qualities, no one relates that to her race. They relate that to just her as an individual. Lashelle said her main goal was to please her husband and why isnt that looked at as a negative stereotype for white women? That is a stereotype of white women at least in the black community but no one says it here. She does absolutely everything for her husband and to me she was a bad role model because here it is 2005 and her daughters didnt know that women could be anything they want to be.
    Maybe you should go back and read the posts again.

Quote Originally Posted by Maiki
    Okay, I admit it, I'm laundry challanged.

it does't help that my washer adn dryer are in the dungeon and my dryer doesn't heat up very well and it takes 2 or 3 cycles to get things dry. It takes forever to do a load. And forever to get the kids to put it away.

I'm forever playing catch up.

So yeah, laundry is easy if your dryer actually works and there's only a couple of you.
    Oooooh, boy! This is really off topic here, but Maiki, my dryer wasn't drying very well, either, until I took the lint vent off the back of the machine and cleaned it out. Good thing I did, too, because all that lint was not only blocking the hot air from drying the clothes, but was close to catching on fire. Very dangerous! You may want to check that.

I am guessing that the producers encourage the family NOT to clean up their house first. If I knew that my home would be "open house" to the whole national television audience, I'd most certainly have cleaning crews in there getting it all spiffed up before the cameras arrived. I especially remember the family several weeks ago who had a dog who kept pooping on the carpet, or the other family who had dirty laundry on the floor and the cameras panned in on the little girl's dirty underpants which had ants crawling all over them. Ewwwwwww! (Maybe I'm getting Wife Swap and Trading Spouses mixed up, but it's the same principle.)

Quote Originally Posted by nigel-bigel
    Agreed!

Captrick, how was your laundry situation?
    For "me"??? Fine...my house is CLEAN! As for Mina's....well....you'll see..

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by caramelbeauty81
    You are right. I noticed that to especially in reality and on this episode. Everytime a black person or another person who is non white does something its "how that race is" but if a white person does, they are seen an individual. That is not fair and not true.
    Last edited by brwnhotcoco; 02-26-2005 at 11:21 PM.

Empress NaBisco
    Quote Originally Posted by Maiki
    Well, I guess I do have it easier, then. My dryer does work, and my knees are a lot happier since we added on a laundry room on the main floor.

A previous poster said she does 20+ loads a week. Holy cow!! There are 4 of us, and I do about 7 or 8 loads per week. I guess I underestimated the laundry burden for some - my bad.

dinky - I'm down - but you should know I don't do bon bons, too many carbs. Only low carb beer here.

caramel - it is a stereotype in the black community that white women only want to please their men? Stereotypes are silly and oh-so-amusing.

brwncoco - apparently what you said about white people being viewed as individuals isn't true - I would re-read caramel's post when it talks about stereotypes of white women.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011