+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 2/16 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Premium Member
    I thought that was the point of the show... for the 'other mom' to make decisions for them. It's called Rule Change Day. Of course she's not going to ask them what they want, they aren't making the rules.
    I do sometimes feel for the kids because they aren't the ones who sign up.. they get pulled in with their parents. However, I never got the impression that these girls were unhappy with the changes. Andre was the one who acted like a big baby about it, I thought part of his problem was that he didn't like it that the girls were happy to get off the bus. Whenever a family doesn't like the rule changes they always act like they're being asked to donate their left kidney or something.. it's only for 5 days people. Geezus. :rolleyes

Michelle is from my hometown and like captrick said, they were on the local news. What struck me as sad is that she said she keeps in touch with the bus girls. For Christmas, they received a brown paper bag with an activity book, pencils, and I believe some fruit if I remember right.

And I have to vouch for funeral dad when it came to the town doc dying. He was a well respected man who was the town doctor for about 30 years. The town shut down when he passed and that is the only funeral home in the small town. It was important for him to handle that funeral. Hopefully, he extended the family vacation though.

Empress NaBisco
    Quote Originally Posted by whitecat
    For Christmas, they received a brown paper bag with an activity book, pencils, and I believe some fruit if I remember right.
    Wait, you are joking, right?

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whitecat
    Michelle is from my hometown and like captrick said, they were on the local news. What struck me as sad is that she said she keeps in touch with the bus girls. For Christmas, they received a brown paper bag with an activity book, pencils, and I believe some fruit if I remember right.
    I'm sorry, this sorta confused me. Who is Michelle? ...and did Michelle send them the brown bag XMas stuff, or is that what they GOT from Santa (aka dad)?

And I have to vouch for funeral dad when it came to the town doc dying. He was a well respected man who was the town doctor for about 30 years. The town shut down when he passed and that is the only funeral home in the small town. It was important for him to handle that funeral. Hopefully, he extended the family vacation though.
    I figured that was the case when I was watching the show. I didn't think it was odd of him to leave his vacation to handle the town doc, that's normal for smaller towns. Besides, just cuz he's the town doc doesn't mean he wasn't a friend for XX years.
    Here's a question I was wondering though.. How come funeral dad is SO busy?? Is he the only funeral home for hundreds & hundreds of miles?
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    I'm sorry, this sorta confused me. Who is Michelle? ...and did Michelle send them the brown bag XMas stuff, or is that what they GOT from Santa (aka dad)?
    Michelle is "Funeral Mom" with the pink hair. And I took whitecat's post to mean that that's what the girls told Michelle they got for Christmas. Sad.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Michelle is "Funeral Mom" with the pink hair. And I took whitecat's post to mean that that's what the girls told Michelle they got for Christmas. Sad.
    AHHhh! Thanks Q!

I am not comfortable with that man and his family.. there's something else going on that we don't know...who knows. Just a gut feeling.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456